Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

*** OPEN LETTER TO COACH PETE ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

AEB said:

However, don’t screw over your CFP chances because you’re unwilling to play their stupid interview bullshit game.

I can’t get over how fucking stupid this comment is. Are you even aware of how teams are selected for the CFP? Do you think the Committee gives two shits about a coach criticizing his conference’s fucktarded TV contract? Let alone actually let that impact their decision in who to select? Congrats on the designation of “Most retarded poster of the night” on a night when 95% of this board is either blacked out or drooling on quaaludes.
    If you don’t understand the influence the networks play in this process than I can’t help you (i’d guess a large part of why @Dennis_DeYoung hates the CFP)

I knew exactly how this board would respond to my comments. The fact is the networks dictate all this shit because they pay. No need to flick their balls (shout to @Swaye ) unnecessarily.

It’s a fucking beauty contest. If you really thought it was all based on performance than why the fuck is Ty Douche and Condeleeza Rice on the committee?
    @AEB - I see where you’re coming from, but I don’t think Coach Pete being cordial to the press is going to tip the scales much one way or another. Sports writers these days like creating storylines rather than reporting on events. If they like your program, they’ll hand wave away anything that contradicts their adoration. Not what they envisioned? The’ll pounce on any critical word from the staff/players and blow it out of proportion.

Case in point - Nick Saban. He’s Mr. Prickly with the media, but since ESPN and their ilk have a permanent boner for Alabama they’ll never be tough on his demeanor or cupcake OOC schedule:

https://youtu.be/CLNC6MJdg0g
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Last point on this: ratings are everything + UW is non-entity outside the West Coast. That’s our risk. That’s why if Pete gives them the excuse they’ll use it to screw us over. You can already hear the chatter building leading up to the last few games.

Mercy rule myself
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    AEB said:

Last point on this: ratings are everything + UW is non-entity outside the West Coast. That’s our risk. That’s why if Pete gives them the excuse they’ll use it to screw us over. You can already hear the chatter building leading up to the last few games.

Mercy rule myself

When the fuck did you grow a such a huge cunt? who the fuck cares at this point. UW controls its own destiny, incase you forgot this defense should be able to plunger the rest of pac-10. run the fucking table no one will say shit.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017
    As bad as the ESPN broadcast and feelings towards Pete were yesterday, we also have played late games on FS1 and the PAC 12 Network.

It's very strange that ESPN was so sensitive when they were never even directly called out by Pete.

I'm surprised by Herbie's little tantrum on game day. He can be an idiot and is a Big 10 homer, but he's normally pretty level headed. He seemed genuinely bothered by Pete's comments.

Could the booth have been more of a puppet/corporate shrill last night? Gilmore is the worst.