Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

*** OPEN LETTER TO COACH PETE ***

AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
First, I love you coach Pete. I loved you in the old Delta League, at Freeport and Sutterville, and at UC Davis, and especially now.

However, your 4mm/year salary is because of this bullshit TV construct. ESPN are idiots. That is a fact. However, don’t screw over your CFP chances because you’re unwilling to play their stupid interview bullshit game.

They are looking for controversies. That is their reporting process now given how editorial their broadcasts are now. Don’t give them one.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I like that he refused to talk to them. The media is for fags.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2017
    I agree with sentiment. Reality is they pay his salary. It’s all so trivial.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Ya he knew they were gonna talk about this shit so he declined. No brainer.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AEB said:

I agree with sentiment. Reality is they pay his salary. It’s all so trivial.

And technically you as a fan pay his salary as well. I still hope he calls you a cunt to your face.
  • Options
    AEB said:

However, don’t screw over your CFP chances because you’re unwilling to play their stupid interview bullshit game.

I can’t get over how fucking stupid this comment is. Are you even aware of how teams are selected for the CFP? Do you think the Committee gives two shits about a coach criticizing his conference’s fucktarded TV contract? Let alone actually let that impact their decision in who to select? Congrats on the designation of “Most retarded poster of the night” on a night when 95% of this board is either blacked out or drooling on quaaludes.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

However, don’t screw over your CFP chances because you’re unwilling to play their stupid interview bullshit game.

I can’t get over how fucking stupid this comment is. Are you even aware of how teams are selected for the CFP? Do you think the Committee gives two shits about a coach criticizing his conference’s fucktarded TV contract? Let alone actually let that impact their decision in who to select? Congrats on the designation of “Most retarded poster of the night” on a night when 95% of this board is either blacked out or drooling on quaaludes.
    If you don’t understand the influence the networks play in this process than I can’t help you (i’d guess a large part of why @Dennis_DeYoung hates the CFP)

I knew exactly how this board would respond to my comments. The fact is the networks dictate all this shit because they pay. No need to flick their balls (shout to @Swaye ) unnecessarily.

It’s a fucking beauty contest. If you really thought it was all based on performance than why the fuck is Ty Douche and Condeleeza Rice on the committee?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Actually, it might be terrific if UW finished 13-0 and didn't get into the playoff due to media manipulation. The playoff itself, and ESPN's stranglehold on the sport, could all come apart.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2017
    Undefeated Clemson, undefeated Georgia, one loss Bama and the dreck from the Big10. Undefeated UW left out.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    This thread taught me I like to flick balls.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

Undefeated Clemson, undefeated Georgia, one loss Bama and the dreck from the Big10. Undefeated UW left out.

That would mean Pedo State has to win out. Ohio and Michigan already lost. Still, this could happen. If Bama's only loss is to an undefeated Georgia....
  • Options
    AEB said:

AEB said:

If you don’t understand the influence the networks play in this process than I can’t help you (i’d guess a large part of why @Dennis_DeYoung hates the CFP)

I knew exactly how this board would respond to my comments. The fact is the networks dictate all this shit because they pay. No need to flick their balls (shout to @Swaye ) unnecessarily.

It’s a fucking beauty contest. If you really thought it was all based on performance than why the fuck is Ty Douche and Condeleeza Rice on the committee?
    Ty Douche and Cunnilingus Rice may have a number of interests that drive their selections. A coach criticizing his conference’s TV contract is not one of them. Again, you’re a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2017
    AEB said:

Georgia is not going undefeated- cook it
  • Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

AEB said:

Ty Douche and Cunnilingus Rice may have a number of interests that drive their selections. A coach criticizing his conference’s TV contract is not one of them. Again, you’re a fucking idiot.
    How can you write this statement and call me an idiot for pointing out the influence of the networks is a huge non-performance based influence or in your fucking retarded words, “interests”?
  • Options
    AEB said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

How can you write this statement and call me an idiot for pointing out the influence of the networks is a huge non-performance based influence or in your fucking retarded words, “interests”?
    Because the influence of networks has to do with money. Petersen’s criticism doesn’t impact anyone’s bottom line. Your inability to make that distinction is what makes you a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

AEB said:

... on a night when 95% of this board is either blacked out or drooling on quaaludes.
    Being in the other 5% really sucks - don't ask me how I know...