Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Lesson of Woodstock

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
After the game the Pirate said it was like Woodstock except that everyone still had their clothes on. People tend to forget that the best bands of the era did not play at Woodstock. Chew on that for a minute.

Comments

• Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

After the game the Pirate said it was like Woodstock except that everyone still had their clothes on. People tend to forget that the best bands of the era did not play at Woodstock. Chew on that for a minute.

Did you get smacked in the skull with an oar ?

Jimi played...and I still youtube Jefferson Airplane at Woidstick to watch Grace

Who (besides HH members) cares if a bunch of Brit fags didn't play ?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    most people go to music festivals to do drugs, music is second
  • Options

most people go to music festivals to do drugs, music is second

Thought that was why they moved to Portland ?
  • Options

tenndawg said:

Jimi played...and I still youtube Jefferson Airplane at Woidstick to watch Grace

No, but I was in the Skull and Oars secret society. Listen here hillbilly, the Stones did their own Woodstock on the west side which wasn't a bunch of peace and love bull shit. It was tuff, complete with Hell's Angels punching Grace Slick's guitar player in the face. Oh and Dylan didn't play at Woodstock either. Sad...it's not like Nashville Skyline sucked.
    Born in Miami, raised in Philly - don't think Hillbilly fits...

And it was the co - SINGER Marty Balin who got hit by a Hell's Angel, not Paul Kantner or Jorma Kaukonen the 2 guitar players (no, I didn't Google it, saw Gimme Shelter)

2 errors in one poast - and you didn't even mention The Doors not appearing

Guess I will give you a sympathy chin
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    tenndawg said:

tenndawg said:

No, but I was in the Skull and Oars secret society. Listen here hillbilly, the Stones did their own Woodstock on the west side which wasn't a bunch of peace and love bull shit. It was tuff, complete with Hell's Angels punching Grace Slick's guitar player in the face. Oh and Dylan didn't play at Woodstock either. Sad...it's not like Nashville Skyline sucked.

And it was the co - SINGER Marty Balin who got hit by a Hell's Angel, not Paul Kantner or Jorma Kaukonen the 2 guitar players (no, I didn't Google it, saw Gimme Shelter)

A buddy's dad was in Gimme Shelter shooting heroine.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What about Woodstock 94 with Green Day, Primus, and Nine Inch Nails?

Or Woodstock '99 with Limp Bizkit, Korn, and the Chili Peppers?

I think there was a Woodstock in the 80s yoo
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    tenndawg said:

tenndawg said:

there goes one sociological excuse. Sad!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    tenndawg said:

tenndawg said:

Ah nuts...I'm like Pup when it comes to rock history- i.e., no Google. But I fucked up here on rhythm guitar for Jefferson Airplane. All kidding aside the Woodstock lineup was phenomenal.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Katy Perry sounds and looks like a modern version of Grace Slick. One is hot (pre-Miley Cyrus dyke haircut, I fucking hate that shit). The other used to be hot.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Katy Perry sounds and looks like a modern version of Grace Slick. One is hot (pre-Miley Cyrus dyke haircut, I fucking hate that shit). The other used to be hot.

Disagree. Grace didn't have the cans that Katy does. She was a far better singer however. Not even close.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My favorite all time live rock band! Fuck the Stones or Zep. I saw them live in Central WA in 2000 when they were old as fuck and it was surprisingly OK ( I don't like geezers that keep touring decades past their prime).
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

tenndawg said:

Dylan is trash. Possibly the most overrated musician of all time.
    Just say you don't care for his music and leave it at that. His chinfluence was chincalculable and probably chincludes many artists you like.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

tenndawg said:

Stone cold fact right there. Saw a Dylan show in college, prob 98, and left half way through. What a borefest. He may be able to write songs but he sure as shit can’t sing them. He sucks ass on the harmonica as well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

tenndawg said:

Stone cold fact right there. Saw a Dylan show in college, prob 98, and left half way through. What a borefest. He may be able to write songs but he sure as shit can’t sing them. He sucks ass on the harmonica as well.
    You can't judge 60s rock stars based on how they sounded in the late 90s. All of them were old fucking geezers who should have died before they got old. If you listen to the live Dylan material from say 1966 when the Band was backing him or the Rolling Thunder Revue from 1975 he sounded kick ass and not boring.