Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark's new offense week by week vs D-1 schools

Week 1 vs Boise State: 38 points, 592 yards total offense, 33 first downs, 11-15 third downs

Week 2 at Illinois: 34 points, 615 yards total offense, 30 first downs, 10-16 third downs

Week 4 vs Arizona: 31 points, 409 yards total offense, 24 first downs, 9-17 third downs

Week 5 at Stanford: 28 points, 489 yards total offense, 30 first downs, 6-14 third downs

Week 6 vs Oregon: 24 points, 376 yards total offense, 20 first downs, 10-20 third downs

Week 7 at ASU: 24 points, 212 yards total offense, 12 first downs, 4-17 third downs

I'm point out the obvious but as you can clearly see everyone has figured out Sark's "new" offense. Look at how efficient this offense was the first two weeks vs Pac-12 play. They haven't cracked 500 yards since Illinois, haven't topped 30 points since Arizona.

For all this talk about his "great" offense they haven't scored 40 points against a D-1 team.

Sark for being an "offensive genius" who inherited and recruited some skill players has struggled to score 40 against D-1 teams.

2009: 2 times
2010: 1 time
2011: 4 times(with 2 50's)
2012: 0 times
2013: so far 0 times

So only 2011 has his offense been explosive which didn't matter since the defense was one of the worst in the nation. He's a crappy head coach but he's an even worse offensive coordinator.

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Don't tell the doogfarm that the 2011 offensive production was primarily from Ty's recruits. Might deflate the balloon of hope.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Diminishing returns and regression towards the mean is all the "genius" of Sark will produce. Middling mediocrity is the hallmark of WA football with Sark.
  • MisterEm said:

Don't tell the doogfarm that the 2011 offensive production was primarily from Ty's recruits. Might deflate the balloon of hope.

With "his" guys he has yet to drop 40 on a D-1 opponent. To me his offense is the biggest red flag why he needs to go.

That is supposed to be his specialty and he's failing at it. Why I backed Carroll when he went 7-9 in his second year because his specialty was in the top 10. Now his specialty is in the top 5 while his offense is still a top 10 offense.

If Sark was the offensive genius like every doog builds him up as then we'd be winning 10 games every year as the defense is more than held their own since Wilcox has come on board.

The offense is holding this program back the last two years and that starts with the offensive minded head coach.
  • These numbers don't lie. The offense has gotten a lot worse as the year has gone on.

This offense has no big plays in the passing game for the second straight year despite all these "great" recruits at WR.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Definition of Piss Poor:

Back in England, they used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in a pot and then once a day it was taken and sold to the tannery.....if you had to do this to survive you were "piss poor"

But worse than that were the really poor folk who couldn't even afford to buy a pot......they "didn't have a pot to piss in" and were the lowest of the low
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    HFNY, I don't think money is a factor in firing Sark. We have plenty of money to give him his buyout and pay 3+ million for our next coach. Whether they will is an entirely different question.

I hope what you are saying about the ubers is true. Woody leaving with Sark would make me very, very happy.
  • Pool Boy needs to LEAVE!!!
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited October 2013
    Welcome to the bored, HFNY. 5 star pickup for HardcoreHusky.

Sounds like you should be writing Meanderings and not AAANDY. This is the type of info that dawgman no longer has (or never had quite frankly).

I hope the ubers walk into Woodward's office with their big swinging dicks and give SW an ultimatum.

Have to look at Pete Lembo, maybe he the same caliber candidate as Mora, DeRuyter and Bohl.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    What does Woodward know about football anyway? I don't want some political operative calling the shots again...he'll hold onto SSWS just so he can collect another $400k or whatever he's paid and pray he wins 6 conference games in 2014 so he can collect another big salary. If Woodward is selfish and protects his own interests (his ass and his bank-account) can Husky Nation force his hand after Riley perforates SSWS for his 5th conference loss? Hard to believe a non-football AD and some with their heads up their asses could still end up calling the shots out of their own best interests. Or will they get away with it?
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    HFNY said:

Thank you for the concise and clear numbers on SSWS's diminishing margins of return on his offense as the season progresses and opposing defenses get more film. Sure the dead cat bounces of Cal and Colorado will massage the numbers upwards but Anthony Barr, Myles Jack, and company are ready to pound Sark and Cozzetto's honey-holes.

Regarding the $6 million idea, admittedly it wasn't my best (and not that accurate either). May be saying something you already know but the buyout is only 70% of what he's owed for 2014 and 2015 so $3.85 million is the ball-park magic number. Is that really insurmountable with the new Pac-12 TV contract and likely higher concessions and ticket sales at the best setting in all of CFB?

Gosh if I'm SSWS, I'd resign after getting my face rubbed in Reser Stadium's turf by Mike Riley for a 3rd time and take $1 million with a chance to go quietly while getting out relatively unscathed and my reputation mostly intact. Last year, some ubers wanted SSWS gone and Wilcox promoted after the dual AC and BSU Bowl game debacles but Woodward wanted to save the 2013 class (and his own ass). Word on the street is that even more ubers want him gone now and if Woodward doesn't make the decision due to the spirit of self-preservation, they'll get rid of him too. Even non-ubers like me can see we are in danger of going the way of the Mariner's (is Sark similar to Chuck Armstrong and Woodward our Howard Lincoln?). The Seahawks have had a great 15 years because they were willing to eject mediocre Seven Win Steves like Flores and Erickson to hit pay-dirt with coaches like Mike Holmgren and Pete Carroll. Are we becoming one of the only Pac-12 programs that is ok with settling? If we held onto Victor Place would we have landed Gil Dobie? How about if we kept Jim Owens around longer would we have ever landed Don James? If we keep SSWS around for an unearned 6th year, could we miss out on a rising star like DJ in Tim DeRuyter or Pete Lembo?

God enable the ubers if it means we can be rid of Sark and Woodward. Double pleasure.
  • HFNY said:

What does Woodward know about football anyway? I don't want some political operative calling the shots again...he'll hold onto SSWS just so he can collect another $400k or whatever he's paid and pray he wins 6 conference games in 2014 so he can collect another big salary. If Woodward is selfish and protects his own interests (his ass and his bank-account) can Husky Nation force his hand after Riley perforates SSWS for his 5th conference loss? Hard to believe a non-football AD and some with their heads up their asses could still end up calling the shots out of their own best interests. Or will they get away with it?

STAY!!!!!
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Kim says Pool Boy gets it though.... Staff, true?
    After the likely Corvallis perforation, if Woodward doesn't act, what about flying a plane around the city skies with some sort of banner calling out Woodward?

What's so sad is that I was talking with a few friends this evening over drinks and we came to the conclusion that SSWS is a poor man's Rick Neuheisel. Both didn't/don't recruit the OL/DL enough or very well but at least Neuheisel wasn't as sloppy or mediocre in his time on Montlake.
  • Meek said:

Kim says Pool Boy gets it though.... Staff, true?

Given Kim's track record bet the opposite and you'll never have to work again.

Hi Kim!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    HFNY said:

Woodward knows nothing about football. I tried to Google and failed to find the specific picture, but you should see how Woodward held the football. A guy is an AD, watches numerous practices, 13 games a year, and he still doesn't know how to hold a football? It's unreal.

To your other point, I actually think Woodward has built up some goodwill with getting the new stadium built. If he fired Sark, he would get another hire to prove if he was right for the job. If he retains Sark for another year or two, his goodwill he built may erode and he will find himself getting fired along with Sark. Just thinking out loud here.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Someone post our first half scoring statistics please.
    Thanks for the kind welcome and glad to be here. I hope my source is onto something about Woodward's seat starting to get hot if he keeps on insisting giving SSWS a 6th year. For whose benefit anyway? Seems like only he and SSWS would win and the rest of us who have been giving our hearts and wallets to Husky Football for decades will lose.

How about we all keep our ears to the ground over the next few weeks? The positive thing is that I've never seen Husky Nation as united in seeing that The Boy Emperor (not a man) has no clothes...the ST blog is full of it and DM.com may be moving to 50/50 because of data-driven analysis like He_Needs_More_Time (amazing name and that picture is worth a thousand words) brought to the table to kick this thread off.

Welcome to the bored, HFNY. 5 star pickup for HardcoreHusky.

Sounds like you should be writing Meanderings and not AAANDY. This is the type of info that dawgman no longer has (or never had quite frankly).

I hope the ubers walk into Woodward's office with their big swinging dicks and give SW an ultimatum.

Have to look at Pete Lembo, maybe he the same caliber candidate as Mora, DeRuyter and Bohl.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    For more analysis you can listen to our latest podcast episode...as long as you don't mind F-bombs and vitriol aimed at Sark and others who are bad for the program.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/CalPodcast.mp3
  • For an "offensive genius" this is the worst offense in our lifetime. If you exclude the 0-12 year when Locker was hurt/the team quit Sark's offense is worse than any offense in our lifetime(comparably to the times)