Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark's new offense week by week vs D-1 schools

2»

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Fucking softy could have been the offensive coordinator at USC with all the 5 star talent Pete recruited. I'd say he under performed there... But then we already knew he and Holt were underachievers from day 1
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    HFNY said:

After the likely Corvallis perforation, if Woodward doesn't act, what about flying a plane around the city skies with some sort of banner calling out Woodward?

What's so sad is that I was talking with a few friends this evening over drinks and we came to the conclusion that SSWS is a poor man's Rick Neuheisel. Both didn't/don't recruit the OL/DL enough or very well but at least Neuheisel wasn't as sloppy or mediocre in his time on Montlake.

Around here, we like to call him Rick without a Rose Bowl.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    If I was King for Day, I'd keep Woodward because he has a lot of redeeming qualities and genuinely seems like a nice / pleasant guy but I'd rather set up selection committee of 9 people who know really know football and have his just be one vote.

From what I have observed, his core competencies are fund-raising and acting as a liaison to Olympia. He hasn't had to hire a B-ball coach (2nd biggest revenue sport for U-Dub) so he doesn't have much of a sports resume to examine.

If Woodward is assured he will keep his job if he kicks SSWS to the curb, would he put up less resistance?

HFNY said:

What does Woodward know about football anyway? I don't want some political operative calling the shots again...he'll hold onto SSWS just so he can collect another $400k or whatever he's paid and pray he wins 6 conference games in 2014 so he can collect another big salary. If Woodward is selfish and protects his own interests (his ass and his bank-account) can Husky Nation force his hand after Riley perforates SSWS for his 5th conference loss? Hard to believe a non-football AD and some with their heads up their asses could still end up calling the shots out of their own best interests. Or will they get away with it?

Woodward knows nothing about football. I tried to Google and failed to find the specific picture, but you should see how Woodward held the football. A guy is an AD, watches numerous practices, 13 games a year, and he still doesn't know how to hold a football? It's unreal.

To your other point, I actually think Woodward has built up some goodwill with getting the new stadium built. If he fired Sark, he would get another hire to prove if he was right for the job. If he retains Sark for another year or two, his goodwill he built may erode and he will find himself getting fired along with Sark. Just thinking out loud here.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Woodward should have fired Sark AND Romar already.

He's too nice/pleasant/pussified for the job.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I know it has already been mentioned, but looking at those numbers the thing that stands out to me is the lack of big plays. We got a shit ton of first downs in those first 4 games which tells you that most of our big plays are probably around 10-15 yards.

The passing game lack of explosive plays is what is most concerning to me and makes me pissed off at the Sark is a "Offensive genius" crowd. As others have noted, I would contend that Sark's first three years (with mostly Ty players) have been better than his last two years (with mostly his players) This is and should be a HUGE concern for ALL dawg fans, but it is not. Remember all those big plays to Kearse, Aguilar, and Polk out of the backfield on wheel routes we got his first few years here? Now we are lucky to get a pass play over 20 yards.

Sark brought these guys in, and clearly he either doesn't know how to utilize them, or they just aren't that good... my contention is (which is totally obvious except for Doogs) that we have pretty good skill talent, but our OL has regressed under Sark and we no longer have the chance for the big play anymore in the passing game.

In short, Fire Sark.

FUCK
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    play some fucking defense and improve the kicking game- you don't need to score 40 on offense to win a game. I would think special teams is one of the easiest things to improve, yet here we are.......
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    we need to replace Woody with someone who knows football and has testicles of steel... like Condoleeza Rice.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    Good points. He also inherited Senio Kelemete who was a good Pac-12 LT and then good enough to make it to the NFL. Totally whiffing on 2009 OL and 2011 OL (other than Dex Charles, who is a good one) and losing Coach Nuss may be the biggest blot on his performance.

Generally, I just don't understand what the Happy-Thoughts fans see. SSWS was only an OC at USC for 2 seasons and I remember being troubled by the illegal formation and false starts his offense had in the USC - Penn State Rose Bowl.

The Happy-Thoughts fans can't see the Coach Nuss was really the brains behind the offense.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Dick_B said:

play some fucking defense and improve the kicking game- you don't need to score 40 on offense to win a game. I would think special teams is one of the easiest things to improve, yet here we are.......

Because I live a miserable and pathetic life, I was watching All Access with the Cincinnati Bearcats last night. Tuberville was paying a ton of attention to special teams. He gets it.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Prior to ASU, we were #74 in explosive plays.

Sark hasnt had 1 top 30 offense in 5 years.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Prior to ASU, we were #74 in explosive plays.

Sark hasnt had 1 top 30 offense in 5 years.

You need all 5 star talent to be top 29

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Ahem, you can't look too far into the performance against two serious Arizona programs and two Top 5 teams.

Sark is a genius with a lack of trust in his blick QB.