Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do they actually believe their own lie?

13»

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I don't blame you for going full retard after that display
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,024 Founders Club
    edited September 2017
    It's tragic when law enforcement uses lethal force in error (humans are not perfect and make mistakes) when dealing with unarmed, non dangerous suspects, black or white. For the armed and dangerous one (the overwhelming majority killed by cops) I don't give a flying fuck about; they are lost causes at that point.

The protests don't sit well with me for 2 reasons:

1- They are protesting about a statistically insignificant number of fatalities; I'm not saying that it's not tragic as hell and that those officers shouldn't face justice when the evidence bears this out (Mike Brown by the way was a terrible choice of martyr for the BLM movement) so don't twist. But all this obfuscates the issue that I care a lot more which is why do Blacks have far more interactions with law enforcement in the first place. The conversation should be about what policies can help improve outcomes for Black America; the tragedy for me of Mike Brown is how he got the point in life of thinking it's ok to steal from a liquor store.

2- The goal of any protest movement should be to gain sympathy for your cause, not alienate potential supporters. Whether or not the kneelers have a point, disrespect of the flag is counter productive and don't win heats and minds.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,206
    The amount of white guilt on this bored is disturbing. Actually went to, and graduated from, UW and literally the only thing about that campus that makes me proud is the football team. The alumni are mostly a bunch of fucking morons.
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

The amount of white guilt on this bored is disturbing. Actually went to, and graduated from, UW and literally the only thing about that campus that makes me proud is the football team. The alumni are mostly a bunch of fucking morons.

Nice alumni status bragging.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    A very high percentage of UW "alumni" went to Green Lake or Bellevue colleges.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,024 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

It wasn't pretty but I graduated from THE University of Washington.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

AZDuck said:

Northgate State, you foreigner.
    Roosevelt graduate school.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    doogie said:

I don't blame you for going full retard after that display

Things losers say when they lost their argument.