Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I don’t get it (trigger alert: full Doog)

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I don't get the hand wringing. We are getting more and more of our #1 targets every year and the kids we don't get either go to USC, were recruited by Malloe, or both.

But I'm hearing the kids are being idiots and burning lots of bridges out there...don't twist...

what bridges?
    Get in chat tomorrow. Can't put most of what I know out here on the boards...phone ringing brb.
    keep working them phones
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    AEB said:

Maybe it’s a generational thing, but if you’re a highly sought after West Coast recruit and you think you’re a bad ass, why wouldn’t you go to UW right now? You’d play in the CFP, you’d improve your draft chances, and you’d be encouraged to absolutely stone people. Why is it “it’s hard” when it comes to recruiting here? Why did Mique Juarez and
    Marlon Tuliputootooaloopoopoo dis us? Why wasn’t Fozzy Folsom Street Bear not shamed into UW? Why can’t we get a stud pass rusher on scholarship?

Because you're UW. Kids didn't grow up thinking you're cool. You have 1 or 2 sets of uniforms and that's it. Always the same helmets. Boring shit really. Where west coast teams are concerned, they grew up thinking Oregon was cool, and that's one of the reasons why Oregon is sitting pretty in the top 10 recruiting classes of 2018 and UW is on the outside looking in. Of course the coaches will need more time to get their own guys in there, but the results will speak for themselves in a year or two.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Last time I was in Montlake I couldn't even find a place to turn left, let alone park
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I know we have holes in this class (like DL, fuck you Malloe), but on the whole won't this be one of the best classes (per player) we have ever signed?

Stop trying to put things into perspective, Swaye, this is a place for people to freak out.

But to sort of answer your Q: Our class was ranked #22 in the nation LAST year (going by the 247 composite rankings) with 18 kids in the class.

Now let's say we keep all our current commits, minus Victor Krum, and add Kyler Gordon, Julius Irvin (pls), Caleb Tremblay, Josiah Bradley, Cade Beresford, Zion and Dick Noot, for a total of 19. Keep in mind I have no idea how big this class will be and I'm too lazy to figure it out. Coker?

Anyway, that would put the class at a 234.25 rating in 247's system, using their class calculator, which would have been the #10 ranked class in last year's rankings (again this is composite rankings).

This is all pretty speculative, of course, but that's a fairly realistic class right now, and yeah, it would be pretty good.

That being said, fire everyone.
    Good post. I have zero faith we land Tremblay, because Malloe.