Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I don’t get it (trigger alert: full Doog)

Maybe it’s a generational thing, but if you’re a highly sought after West Coast recruit and you think you’re a bad ass, why wouldn’t you go to UW right now? You’d play in the CFP, you’d improve your draft chances, and you’d be encouraged to absolutely stone people. Why is it “it’s hard” when it comes to recruiting here? Why did Mique Juarez and
Marlon Tuliputootooaloopoopoo dis us? Why wasn’t Fozzy Folsom Street Bear not shamed into UW? Why can’t we get a stud pass rusher on scholarship?

Comments

• AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Mad_Son said:

Kids are really stupid. Think about how stupid most adults you know are and then take away the life experience and finished-developing brains.

Watching Victor attempt to murder Phil triggered this rant. How could you not want to play this style of football and get to stay on the west coast?
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

beat me to it.
    Altho oregon doesn't seem to have that problem right now
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Sum elite talent no want play skoolz.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,245 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2017
    If I was an elite high school recruit out of California and knowing what I know now with my life experience I would go to UW in a heartbeat. My 17-18 year old self? UW would probably be 4th or 5th on my list.

With that being said I pretty much agree with what everyone else has been saying. Parents telling kids to do what they want.. parents not existing in their kids life.. UW not being relevant nationally.. party life over football and/or education.. edginess over self growth.. listening to coaches recruiting lies vs. observing the the truth of the program with their own eyes.. the list goes on.

I think these questions relate a lot to another.. Why do programs like UCLA and Tennessee recruit top level talent and continue to struggle immensely with on the field performance?
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    I think we can consistently get great players at every position, but I guess it's going to take a little more time.
    I hear everyone on the coeds, the we? sucked forever, and I used those guys as examples of recruiting losses, but we have Petersen who all these kids know, and we’re getting ridiculous (for UW) attention from kids from TX who should have zero natural interest in UW. You have straight up maulers in Bolton and Curne committed (for now), and Togiagi from fucking ID can’t see the writing on the wall? He shouldn’t fucking require Malloe to explain it. Watching Virta bench press his guy into the punter or AZ 187 on Phil from accounting or guys getting drafted into the league should be enough
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    I don't get the hand wringing. We are getting more and more of our #1 targets every year and the kids we don't get either go to USC, were recruited by Malloe, or both.

But I'm hearing the kids are being idiots and burning lots of bridges out there...don't twist...
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I don't get the hand wringing. We are getting more and more of our #1 targets every year and the kids we don't get either go to USC, were recruited by Malloe, or both.

But I'm hearing the kids are being idiots and burning lots of bridges out there...don't twist...

what bridges?