Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I stand with SAC #cobralivesmatter. It think it will be very hard to top the level vita reached his last year. He absolutely dominated the cal game. They had no answer for him.

Of course it will. The odds are against anyone outplaying what Vita did his last season. That doesn't mean JT's upside isn't higher than Vea's though, and JT's floor is massively higher than Vea's was.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I stand with SAC #cobralivesmatter. It think it will be very hard to top the level vita reached his last year. He absolutely dominated the cal game. They had no answer for him.

Of course it will. The odds are against anyone outplaying what Vita did his last season. That doesn't mean JT's upside isn't higher than Vea's though, and JT's floor is massively higher than Vea's was.
    Who do you think is more raw athletic specimen? I would give vita the slide edge
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

You are fucking insane! People need to understand and appreciate that we had arguably the most talented defensive tackle of all fucking time playing for us the last couple years in Vita Vea. Nobody has been that fast and that explosive at that size before. We're talking a 350 pound man that can get off the ball as fast as a 300 pound man. A man who can rag doll 300+ pound offensive lineman with one arm. A man who is completely unblockable one-on-one versus even the best offensive lineman in the league. Vea still isn't even close to reaching his potential and will continue to get better. Seriously, shut the fuck up! JT is not more talented than Vea and does not have a higher floor or ceiling than him. You and anybody else who says that doesn't know shit about football talent. JT could be a shorter version of Deforrest Buckner and that's great. He could even be the next Haloti Ngata. But he's not on Vita's level. You can fairly compare them at the same age and Vea is easily better. I put it right in front of your fucking eyes. JT is not as fast as Vita at the same size. I don't give a fuck what he's rated versus what Vita was rated out of high school. He's not more talented than Vea. Just stop.
  • Options

Who do you think is more raw athletic specimen? I would give vita the slide edge
    I'll go with the kid that has offers from every team in the country.
    That doesn't fucking matter you idiot! Vea was academically ineligible out of high school which kept his recruiting under the radar. He also didn't do any camps or 7 on 7 shit to market himself. But he could have had any offer he wanted and gone anywhere in the country. We also don't know what his real offer sheet was. He wasn't even on social media in high school so a lot of his offers could have gone unreported because he was so low key and didn't publicly announce them. Had he gone JUCO and became eligible that way he would have certainly had an offer from everybody as well.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

You are fucking insane! People need to understand and appreciate that we had arguably the most talented defensive tackle of all fucking time playing for us the last couple years in Vita Vea. Nobody has been that fast and that explosive at that size before. We're talking a 350 pound man that can get off the ball as fast as a 300 pound man. A man who can rag doll 300+ pound offensive lineman with one arm. A man who is completely unblockable one-on-one versus even the best offensive lineman in the league. Vea still isn't even close to reaching his potential and will continue to get better. Seriously, shut the fuck up! JT is not more talented than Vea and does not have a higher floor or ceiling than him. You and anybody else who says that doesn't know shit about football talent. JT could be a shorter version of Deforrest Buckner and that's great. He could even be the next Haloti Ngata. But he's not on Vita's level. You can fairly compare them at the same age and Vea is easily better. I put it right in front of your fucking eyes. JT is not as fast as Vita at the same size. I don't give a fuck what he's rated versus what Vita was rated out of high school. He's not more talented than Vea. Just stop.
    Next level dooging. Vea had a monster senior year, but to call him the best defensive tackle of all time, ESPECIALLY for several seasons and not just his senior year, is fucking insane dude.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    bigcc said:

Next level dooging. Vea had a monster senior year, but to call him the best defensive tackle of all time, ESPECIALLY for several seasons and not just his senior year, is fucking insane dude.
    I didn't call him the best defensive tackle of all time you idiot. I said he's arguably the most talented defensive tackle of all-time. Who's more talented than him? Don't worry I'll wait.

And why the fuck are you acting like what he did in college is as good as he's gonna get? Obviously that's not the fucking case. He's still getting better and will continue to do so until he's the most dominant D-tackle in the league.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2019
    JT is better because he can do more things. Both are elite.

It’s like arguing about Rapp and Buddha. Budda was insane. Rapp could do it all. You can play JTT at buck, Sam, fuck even LBer, in addition to be being a NT, gap shooter, interior pass rusher, outside pass rusher etc .
  • Options
    edited April 2019

It’s like arguing about Rapp and Buddha. Budda was insane. Rapp could do it all. You can play JTT at buck, Sam, fuck even LBer, in addition to be being a NT, gap shooter, interior pass rusher, outside pass rusher etc .

Versatility does not equate to talent or higher ceiling! Michael Bennet can do more things across the D-line than Vita can. Doesn't mean he's even close to being as talented.

And no, what the fuck are you talking about? JT is not play Buck, Sam, LB, or any of that shit. He's going to be a 300 pound interior D-lineman. Like I already fucking said. This versatility that you're touting JT has is going to diminish as he grows into his frame in college.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Versatility does not equate to talent or higher ceiling! Michael Bennet can do more things across the D-line than Vita can. Doesn't mean he's even close to being as talented.

And no, what the fuck are you talking about? JT is not play Buck, Sam, LB, or any of that shit. He's going to be a 300 pound interior D-lineman. Like I already fucking said. This versatility that you're touting JT has is going to diminish as he grows into his frame in college.
    He’s already 285 and playing fucking safety/WR in 7 on. You’re fucking stupid.
    He's not playing safety and WR you fucking idiot! Where are you seeing this? He's playing TE running basic routes down the middle of the field. He might also play some linebacker and simply drop into a zone and sit there but I would think his 7 on 7 team has faster linebackers who are better equipped to do that.

He's not juking DB's or running away from DB's. He's running down the field in a straight line and catching the ball because he's the biggest guy on the field and has good hands. It's impressive, but Vita Vea playing RB and making guys miss with lateral agility and running away from guys for long touchdowns at 280 pounds while playing real fucking tackle football is more impressive than that. How the fuck can you not see that? Jesus Christ
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He's not playing safety and WR you fucking idiot! Where are you seeing this? He's playing TE running basic routes down the middle of the field. He might also play some linebacker and simply drop into a zone and sit there but I would think his 7 on 7 team has faster linebackers who are better equipped to do that.

He's not juking DB's or running away from DB's. He's running down the field in a straight line and catching the ball because he's the biggest guy on the field and has good hands. It's impressive, but Vita Vea playing RB and making guys miss with lateral agility and running away from guys for long touchdowns at 280 pounds while playing real fucking tackle football is more impressive than that. How the fuck can you not see that? Jesus Christ
    He’s not going to play LB in college duh. But they will at some points play him at BUCK/SAM in some packages. He’ll drop a little bet. His ceiling is higher than Vita’s dude.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

He’s not going to play LB in college duh. But they will at some points play him at BUCK/SAM in some packages. He’ll drop a little bet. His ceiling is higher than Vita’s dude.
    No he won't and not it's not. When you have players like Joe Tryon that are faster than him there's no reason for him to play on the edge or ever drop into coverage. That's fucking ludicrous and dumb speculation. You're talking out your ass and you're biased in favor of his ranking and hype out of high school. He's not better than Vita. Get over it.
  • Options

Pure aids

And well deserved.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugIVfL6FbU