Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He’s also fucking 15
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019
    Tequilla said:

bigcc said:

I stand with SAC #cobralivesmatter. It think it will be very hard to top the level vita reached his last year. He absolutely dominated the cal game. They had no answer for him.

Of course it will. The odds are against anyone outplaying what Vita did his last season. That doesn't mean JT's upside isn't higher than Vea's though, and JT's floor is massively higher than Vea's was.
    You are fucking insane! People need to understand and appreciate that we had arguably the most talented defensive tackle of all fucking time playing for us the last couple years in Vita Vea. Nobody has been that fast and that explosive at that size before. We're talking a 350 pound man that can get off the ball as fast as a 300 pound man. A man who can rag doll 300+ pound offensive lineman with one arm. A man who is completely unblockable one-on-one versus even the best offensive lineman in the league. Vea still isn't even close to reaching his potential and will continue to get better. Seriously, shut the fuck up! JT is not more talented than Vea and does not have a higher floor or ceiling than him. You and anybody else who says that doesn't know shit about football talent. JT could be a shorter version of Deforrest Buckner and that's great. He could even be the next Haloti Ngata. But he's not on Vita's level. You can fairly compare them at the same age and Vea is easily better. I put it right in front of your fucking eyes. JT is not as fast as Vita at the same size. I don't give a fuck what he's rated versus what Vita was rated out of high school. He's not more talented than Vea. Just stop.
    Next level dooging. Vea had a monster senior year, but to call him the best defensive tackle of all time, ESPECIALLY for several seasons and not just his senior year, is fucking insane dude.
    I didn't call him the best defensive tackle of all time you idiot. I said he's arguably the most talented defensive tackle of all-time. Who's more talented than him? Don't worry I'll wait.
    Let’s start with the first NFL player to win a MVP ... Alan Page

If you just want to go Athletic, I’ll definitely say that Warren Sapp and Aaron Donald are more athletic and talented.

Vita’s great ... but let’s wait until he accomplishes something at the NFL level that puts him in the same discussion as those that are all-times and either are, or will be, Hall of Famers
    No, no, and no. There's a difference between production and physical talent. Aaron Donald is an undersized try hard who wins with quickness, leverage, and technique but also can be controlled in the run game at times. Sapp was great but Vita is much bigger, stronger, and can move just as well if not better than Sapp could. Alan Page? Seriously? Most guys from that era wouldn't even make an NFL roster today.

It's pretty fucking sad and disgraceful, UW fans don't appreciate or recognize the special athlete we got to witness in purple and gold when Vita was here. He's basically the Bo Jackson of defensive tackles. A unicorn of an athlete. Barring any serious injuries, he's going to be in the Hall of Fame one day.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

bigcc said:

I stand with SAC #cobralivesmatter. It think it will be very hard to top the level vita reached his last year. He absolutely dominated the cal game. They had no answer for him.

Of course it will. The odds are against anyone outplaying what Vita did his last season. That doesn't mean JT's upside isn't higher than Vea's though, and JT's floor is massively higher than Vea's was.
    You are fucking insane! People need to understand and appreciate that we had arguably the most talented defensive tackle of all fucking time playing for us the last couple years in Vita Vea. Nobody has been that fast and that explosive at that size before. We're talking a 350 pound man that can get off the ball as fast as a 300 pound man. A man who can rag doll 300+ pound offensive lineman with one arm. A man who is completely unblockable one-on-one versus even the best offensive lineman in the league. Vea still isn't even close to reaching his potential and will continue to get better. Seriously, shut the fuck up! JT is not more talented than Vea and does not have a higher floor or ceiling than him. You and anybody else who says that doesn't know shit about football talent. JT could be a shorter version of Deforrest Buckner and that's great. He could even be the next Haloti Ngata. But he's not on Vita's level. You can fairly compare them at the same age and Vea is easily better. I put it right in front of your fucking eyes. JT is not as fast as Vita at the same size. I don't give a fuck what he's rated versus what Vita was rated out of high school. He's not more talented than Vea. Just stop.
    Next level dooging. Vea had a monster senior year, but to call him the best defensive tackle of all time, ESPECIALLY for several seasons and not just his senior year, is fucking insane dude.
    I didn't call him the best defensive tackle of all time you idiot. I said he's arguably the most talented defensive tackle of all-time. Who's more talented than him? Don't worry I'll wait.

If you just want to go Athletic, I’ll definitely say that Warren Sapp and Aaron Donald are more athletic and talented.

Vita’s great ... but let’s wait until he accomplishes something at the NFL level that puts him in the same discussion as those that are all-times and either are, or will be, Hall of Famers
    No, no, and no.
    Get the fuck out of here with that doogish take
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

bigcc said:

No, no, and no.
    Get the fuck out of here with that doogish take
    Sorry but you're wrong and disrespectful to Vita. Put some respect on his name.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Good to know that apparently quickness and operating with superior leverage and technique is indicative of a try hard

Look, Vita was great for UW. Both he and Greg helped re-establishes what it means to be a great UW DT. Yes, Vita was a 1st round pick. Yes, Vita has all the potential in the world to be great at the NFL level. But let’s wait for him to have a level of production that matches your crowning of him being the greatest ever ... because whether you want to talk shit about the 3 names that I mentioned, the reality is those 3 (and I can bring more examples) are all guys with exceptional physical attributes for their position in the periods in which they play(ed) and have a resume of production that is consistent to being crowned.

It’s great to be supportive of UW players ... all behind that. But don’t be a Coug or a Quook and make comments that at least at the time you make them flat out ridiculous.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Who do you think is more raw athletic specimen? I would give vita the slide edge
    I'll go with the kid that has offers from every team in the country.
    That doesn't fucking matter you idiot! Vea was academically ineligible out of high school which kept his recruiting under the radar. He also didn't do any camps or 7 on 7 shit to market himself. But he could have had any offer he wanted and gone anywhere in the country. We also don't know what his real offer sheet was. He wasn't even on social media in high school so a lot of his offers could have gone unreported because he was so low key and didn't publicly announce them. Had he gone JUCO and became eligible that way he would have certainly had an offer from everybody as well.
    I'm old enough to remember the Mosiah Liu recruitment:
    BallzDeep said:

Grades have no bearing on how a recruit is rated.

Good chit.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

not sure who Kevin Ryan is, other than his description as national recruiting manager at 247, but he just cristoballed both JT and Emeka to UW.

2023 will be speshual
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

In happier news, I would also like to submit my cristoball for JTT to UW.

crystaldong*
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    The list starts today in the same place that it started back in August of 2018. J.T. Tuimoloau sets the pace in the 2021 class. Hailing from Washington, Tuimoloau is 6-foot-4.5, 277 pounds and he has all the traits and characteristics to hold on to that No. 1 spot. He plays a premium position, projecting to defensive tackle, but he’s not just a massive body. He’s an athlete with the pass-rush skills to play on the edge — and he even flashes tight end ability at this stage. Tuimoloau extremely productive on film. He’s a high-end basketball player with translatable athleticism and programs from Alabama to Ohio State to Stanford have signed off on him as one of the top priorities in this cycle.

As the nation’s No. 1 prospect, Tuimoloau is the first inductee into the five-star pool as well and at this early stage in the evaluation process, he doesn’t have a lot of company. Only two other players have earned early five-star grades.

New 247 ranks
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

The list starts today in the same place that it started back in August of 2018. J.T. Tuimoloau sets the pace in the 2021 class. Hailing from Washington, Tuimoloau is 6-foot-4.5, 277 pounds and he has all the traits and characteristics to hold on to that No. 1 spot. He plays a premium position, projecting to defensive tackle, but he’s not just a massive body. He’s an athlete with the pass-rush skills to play on the edge — and he even flashes tight end ability at this stage. Tuimoloau extremely productive on film. He’s a high-end basketball player with translatable athleticism and programs from Alabama to Ohio State to Stanford have signed off on him as one of the top priorities in this cycle.

As the nation’s No. 1 prospect, Tuimoloau is the first inductee into the five-star pool as well and at this early stage in the evaluation process, he doesn’t have a lot of company. Only two other players have earned early five-star grades.

New 247 ranks
    No mention of Washington.

The disrespect is unreal!
    Tequilla said:

Good to know that apparently quickness and operating with superior leverage and technique is indicative of a try hard

Look, Vita was great for UW. Both he and Greg helped re-establishes what it means to be a great UW DT. Yes, Vita was a 1st round pick. Yes, Vita has all the potential in the world to be great at the NFL level. But let’s wait for him to have a level of production that matches your crowning of him being the greatest ever ... because whether you want to talk shit about the 3 names that I mentioned, the reality is those 3 (and I can bring more examples) are all guys with exceptional physical attributes for their position in the periods in which they play(ed) and have a resume of production that is consistent to being crowned.

It’s great to be supportive of UW players ... all behind that. But don’t be a Coug or a Quook and make comments that at least at the time you make them flat out ridiculous.

You're a fucking moron. I never said Vita was the "greatest defensive tackle of all-time". I said "he's arguably the most talented defensive tackle of all-time" which is indisputable because he is THAT FUCKING TALENTED and a GENETIC FREAK the level of which has never been seen before. Why do you not understand that? He doesn't need to do shit at the NFL level to be the most talented ever. He has already proven that with how freakishly fast and athletic and powerful and explosive he is at 350 pounds. Yes, he has yet to prove himself as the greatest or one of the all-time greats at his position. That's not what the fuck I said or what the fuck I'm talking about! Vita's football career could end today and he'd still be the most talented defensive tackle I've ever seen. There's talent and then there's greatness. There's talent and then there's production. They are separate fucking things!

That's why it is incredibly stupid and ignorant and disrespectful for some retard to say "JT Tuimolau has a way higher ceiling than Vita does." That's so fucking stupid. Until he's 350 pounds and can move like Vita at that size and rag doll offensive lineman like Vita he's not more talented than Vita.

I get it, following recruiting is fun. Hype is fun. Everybody is the next big thing until they're not. But you have to live in fucking reality. The nice thing about living in this day in age is we can easily watch Vita Vea in high school and at the same age and the same exact size as JT and see he was more of a freak athlete than JT is right now. That's no knock on JT.