Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

26 years ago today

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,337 Founders Club
Cornhusker Nation rose as one to give our Dawgs a standing ovulation.

Down 21-9 with 4:00 left in the third quarter, the Huskies won 36-21 in Lincoln.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    Classiest moment in the history of college football?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,686 Founders Club

Doogles said:

I never really understood the drama of that game. All I knew about it was from my dad's VHS tape of "The Perfect Season" and they totally glossed over the fact we were getting our ass kicked most of the game.

Either way the 75 yard Jay Berry run where he took his helmet off was one of my favorite things ever.

Beno Bryant fielded a punt on his own 4-yard line and fumbled. Nebraska recovered and quickly scored to go up 21-9. Beno told me in an interview that he went to the sidelines and sat down on the bench totally distraught. Blly Joe Hobert went up to him, grabbed him by the neck, looked deep into his eyes and said, "We ain't going to lose!" and then walked away.

And then the Huskies scored 27 unanswered points to win 36-21. Don James told me in an interview that it was the best 20 minutes of football he had ever seen a team play.

And Barry's run was 81 yards.
    I'm 81% sure that it was a $75K run.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Never forget that game. Was at a smallish BBQ trying to watch the game when nobody else was a football fan. Friends daughter kept sitting in a chair next to the TV screen flashing me her bare pussy while sitting in a hiked up mini skirt telling me she could get me to forget the game.

True story, two weeks later, wife picked up Pics from Costco(its how we did it back then) I thumb through the stack quickly feigning interest and Bam. Second to last pic. Group shot. Full glory.

For safety sake,I immediately destroyed the pic and negatives.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    doogie said:

Never forget that game. Was at a smallish BBQ trying to watch the game when nobody else was a football fan. Friends daughter kept sitting in a chair next to the TV screen flashing me her bare pussy while sitting in a hiked up mini skirt telling me she could get me to forget the game.

True story, two weeks later, wife picked up Pics from Costco(its how we did it back then) I thumb through the stack quickly feigning interest and Bam. Second to last pic. Group shot. Full glory.

Almost WTFed you for destroying the pic, but had to give chin for getting underage beaver to flash you while your wife is in the next room.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Swaye said:

doogie said:

Almost WTFed you for destroying the pic, but had to give chin for getting underage beaver to flash you while your wife is in the next room.
    That Dad/Married life. It gets worse with single cougars and your wife in the other room.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    doogie said:

You know why
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,448 Founders Club

Doogles said:

I never really understood the drama of that game. All I knew about it was from my dad's VHS tape of "The Perfect Season" and they totally glossed over the fact we were getting our ass kicked most of the game.

Either way the 75 yard Jay Berry run where he took his helmet off was one of my favorite things ever.

Beno Bryant fielded a punt on his own 4-yard line and fumbled. Nebraska recovered and quickly scored to go up 21-9. Beno told me in an interview that he went to the sidelines and sat down on the bench totally distraught. Blly Joe Hobert went up to him, grabbed him by the neck, looked deep into his eyes and said, "We ain't going to lose!" and then walked away.

And then the Huskies scored 27 unanswered points to win 36-21. Don James told me in an interview that it was the best 20 minutes of football he had ever seen a team play.

When the Huskies got the ball back down 21-9 they started a drive. They had several holding calls all night and got another one on this drive to make it 4th and long. James called time out and told Billy Joe we were going for it and had to have it

"No shit coach"

First down, touchdown, and the flood gates opened

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,090 Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

When the Huskies got the ball back down 21-9 they started a drive. They had several holding calls all night and got another one on this drive to make it 4th and long. James called time out and told Billy Joe we were going for it and had to have it

"No shit coach"

First down, touchdown, and the flood gates opened

Actually the holding call was on 3rd down. Brought back a TD pass. Made it 3rd and 17. That's when Billy Joe became a man. About a 10 yard scramble and a pass to McKay.

And I wonder what ever happened to Jon Bostic. White fucker could celebrate a TD like anybody's business. He was the reason Barry took off his helmet. I miss TD celebrations.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    ...one of btps dads was born on this day 26 years ago.