Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington-Montana Scrimmage Thread

1202122232426»

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

@BleachedAnusDawg 's silence speaks volumes

Told the wife UW wins 5x to 7 or I am going to lose my shit. Didn't watch the scrimmage. My two cents are WTE looks impressive and why the fuck did they not run the ball? Saving it for conference play?
    The tight ends are better receivers and by far better blockers. To beat USC and most likely UCLA and Stanford, UW will need to give up on these legion of zoom type bubble screen receivers. I'm so sick of deep passes to a covered mighty midget. For god sakes, make Hunter the black beast a wide out (GIF of his amazing sideline catch) and play the WTE and actually pass to them over the middle. This will improve the run game, improve the defense and ball control.
    Same ole shit show, cute offense.
    Put it this way. Montana had Jake running around. Think about that
    It was a scrimmage but I mostly agree with this. You probably should have made a new thread. To beat USC and beyond, what's more important than finding non-midget receivers (though important, duh) is scheming and playcalling that fits the personnel of the team. We would be amazing as a power run, WTE-Package-75%-of-the-time team. Throw in some PA to the beast TEs, Pettis, and whoever else steps up at WR and there you go.

Problem being, of course, that in the crusade to be "balanced" and "unpredictable" we end up being an identity-less grab bag pile of garbage. As such, anything beyond winning the Dreck12 will be mostly untenable.

Fuck Johnathan Smith. We need an OC who would challenge Pete on ideas, not a quivering Slavic sycophantic yes-man. With Pettis, Vea, Gaines, Victor, Keyshawn etc, this is the year to put all of our chips on the table. We have a self-inflicted ceiling and it is 100% on the shoulders of our FS scheme.

Penis.
    This team has amazing talent on offense. However, it has a fucking pathetic offensive coordinator who has cost them a NC already.
    Bitch please.
    Fuck outta here tits. Had they beat USC they are a 2 seed playing Ohio State closer to home. The ball can bounce either way at that point. Who knows what happens if Clemson and Bama play first.
    Tremendous hypothetical Doog bullshit here.

Washington was clearly beaten by two better teams last year. Smith is horrible, but Washington want winning the natty last year.
    I never took you for a smith apologist, but facts are facts.
    Ironic that the play calling that existed when Tedford was around magically disappeared when he left and USC exposed Smiths Fucking Stupid play calling.
    Smith is a horrible playcaller.

You can't call plays to overcome an inability to run the ball. 17 yards on 27 carries is an asskicking.
    Spoken like a true computer geek
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Told the wife UW wins 5x to 7 or I am going to lose my shit. Didn't watch the scrimmage. My two cents are WTE looks impressive and why the fuck did they not run the ball? Saving it for conference play?
    The tight ends are better receivers and by far better blockers. To beat USC and most likely UCLA and Stanford, UW will need to give up on these legion of zoom type bubble screen receivers. I'm so sick of deep passes to a covered mighty midget. For god sakes, make Hunter the black beast a wide out (GIF of his amazing sideline catch) and play the WTE and actually pass to them over the middle. This will improve the run game, improve the defense and ball control.
    It was a scrimmage but I mostly agree with this. You probably should have made a new thread. To beat USC and beyond, what's more important than finding non-midget receivers (though important, duh) is scheming and playcalling that fits the personnel of the team. We would be amazing as a power run, WTE-Package-75%-of-the-time team. Throw in some PA to the beast TEs, Pettis, and whoever else steps up at WR and there you go.

Problem being, of course, that in the crusade to be "balanced" and "unpredictable" we end up being an identity-less grab bag pile of garbage. As such, anything beyond winning the Dreck12 will be mostly untenable.

Fuck Johnathan Smith. We need an OC who would challenge Pete on ideas, not a quivering Slavic sycophantic yes-man. With Pettis, Vea, Gaines, Victor, Keyshawn etc, this is the year to put all of our chips on the table. We have a self-inflicted ceiling and it is 100% on the shoulders of our FS scheme.

Penis.
    This team has amazing talent on offense. However, it has a fucking pathetic offensive coordinator who has cost them a NC already.
    Bitch please.
    Fuck outta here tits. Had they beat USC they are a 2 seed playing Ohio State closer to home. The ball can bounce either way at that point. Who knows what happens if Clemson and Bama play first.

Washington was clearly beaten by two better teams last year. Smith is horrible, but Washington want winning the natty last year.
    Ironic that the play calling that existed when Tedford was around magically disappeared when he left and USC exposed Smiths Fucking Stupid play calling.

You can't call plays to overcome an inability to run the ball. 17 yards on 27 carries is an asskicking.
    I went back and looked at the drives. Washington ran well on one drive in the second quarter.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Penis.
    Bitch please.

I went back and looked at the drives. Washington ran well on one drive in the second quarter.
    And Jake sacked himself twice, trying to force a high school passing game against SC DBs as good as our own. Bad calls make for bad outcomes. Smiff should die.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Penis.
    Bitch please.

And Jake sacked himself twice, trying to force a high school passing game against SC DBs as good as our own. Bad calls make for bad outcomes. Smiff should die.
    I totally agree with this call for a freak accident to occur.

I also think Washington had other issues that caused them to get dominated by USC.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Penis.
    Bitch please.

I totally agree with this call for a freak accident to occur.

I also think Washington had other issues that caused them to get dominated by USC.
    fucking shane brostec ending up on jakes laps for most of the game was one of them
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This was pretty good too @Captain_Insano