Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL Washington-Montana Scrimmage Thread

Comments

• NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    phineas said:

I think the run game will be fine. I haven't really watched either game but, I imagine they're just not bothering with it against subpar teams.

Let smith get his cute shit out of the way now.

That's doog shit everyone knows smiff is gonna smiff during conference games cause he's a infested bush.
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686

Unless this is a video of Pete axe-murdering Smith, what's the point?
    check his finger taps ......
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,146
    Baseman said:

@BleachedAnusDawg 's silence speaks volumes

Told the wife UW wins 5x to 7 or I am going to lose my shit. Didn't watch the scrimmage. My two cents are WTE looks impressive and why the fuck did they not run the ball? Saving it for conference play?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Baseman said:

Told the wife UW wins 5x to 7 or I am going to lose my shit. Didn't watch the scrimmage. My two cents are WTE looks impressive and why the fuck did they not run the ball? Saving it for conference play?
    The tight ends are better receivers and by far better blockers. To beat USC and most likely UCLA and Stanford, UW will need to give up on these legion of zoom type bubble screen receivers. I'm so sick of deep passes to a covered mighty midget. For god sakes, make Hunter the black beast a wide out (GIF of his amazing sideline catch) and play the WTE and actually pass to them over the middle. This will improve the run game, improve the defense and ball control.
    Same ole shit show, cute offense.
    Put it this way. Montana had Jake running around. Think about that
    Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

The tight ends are better receivers and by far better blockers. To beat USC and most likely UCLA and Stanford, UW will need to give up on these legion of zoom type bubble screen receivers. I'm so sick of deep passes to a covered mighty midget. For god sakes, make Hunter the black beast a wide out (GIF of his amazing sideline catch) and play the WTE and actually pass to them over the middle. This will improve the run game, improve the defense and ball control.
    It was a scrimmage but I mostly agree with this. You probably should have made a new thread. To beat USC and beyond, what's more important than finding non-midget receivers (though important, duh) is scheming and playcalling that fits the personnel of the team. We would be amazing as a power run, WTE-Package-75%-of-the-time team. Throw in some PA to the beast TEs, Pettis, and whoever else steps up at WR and there you go.

Problem being, of course, that in the crusade to be "balanced" and "unpredictable" we end up being an identity-less grab bag pile of garbage. As such, anything beyond winning the Dreck12 will be mostly untenable.

Fuck Johnathan Smith. We need an OC who would challenge Pete on ideas, not a quivering Slavic sycophantic yes-man. With Pettis, Vea, Gaines, Victor, Keyshawn etc, this is the year to put all of our chips on the table. We have a self-inflicted ceiling and it is 100% on the shoulders of our FS scheme.

Penis.
    This team has amazing talent on offense. However, it has a fucking pathetic offensive coordinator who has cost them a NC already.
    Washington football has always been about power over finesse and great defense.
    Scrimmage or not, you play like you practice. If Montana was a practice game, I'm not liking what I see on offense. They have some amazing receivers over 6' and chincredible 180lbs. Line up the WTE's because they are great receivers and can block. You have two running backs who can have 1000 yard seasons. And a freshman tight end who can slide over to receiver. Pettis can be opened up to do his thing. Mix in Chico, he doesn't have to be the fucking go to
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Unless this is a video of Pete axe-murdering Smith, what's the point?
    BRB, JO

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

It was a scrimmage but I mostly agree with this. You probably should have made a new thread. To beat USC and beyond, what's more important than finding non-midget receivers (though important, duh) is scheming and playcalling that fits the personnel of the team. We would be amazing as a power run, WTE-Package-75%-of-the-time team. Throw in some PA to the beast TEs, Pettis, and whoever else steps up at WR and there you go.

Problem being, of course, that in the crusade to be "balanced" and "unpredictable" we end up being an identity-less grab bag pile of garbage. As such, anything beyond winning the Dreck12 will be mostly untenable.

Fuck Johnathan Smith. We need an OC who would challenge Pete on ideas, not a quivering Slavic sycophantic yes-man. With Pettis, Vea, Gaines, Victor, Keyshawn etc, this is the year to put all of our chips on the table. We have a self-inflicted ceiling and it is 100% on the shoulders of our FS scheme.

Penis.
    This team has amazing talent on offense. However, it has a fucking pathetic offensive coordinator who has cost them a NC already.
    Bitch please.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    Just got home from the river. Still hungover. Did we win?
    Swaye said:

Did you wash your balls in fondue?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Penis.
    That made me laff.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Did you wash your balls in fondue?
    No fondue while fishing. There has to be limits to the chinsanity.

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Penis.
    Bitch please.
    Fuck outta here tits. Had they beat USC they are a 2 seed playing Ohio State closer to home. The ball can bounce either way at that point. Who knows what happens if Clemson and Bama play first.
    edited September 2017

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Penis.
    Bitch please.
    Fuck outta here tits. Had they beat USC they are a 2 seed playing Ohio State closer to home. The ball can bounce either way at that point. Who knows what happens if Clemson and Bama play first.
    Tremendous hypothetical Doog bullshit here.

Washington was clearly beaten by two better teams last year. Smith is horrible, but Washington want winning the natty last year.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Penis.
    Bitch please.

Washington was clearly beaten by two better teams last year. Smith is horrible, but Washington want winning the natty last year.
    one better team. we could have beaten USC if play calling was better. we could have never beaten bama

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Penis.
    Bitch please.

one better team. we could have beaten USC if play calling was better. we could have never beaten bama
    Not the case.

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Penis.
    Bitch please.

I never took you for a smith apologist, but facts are facts.
    Ironic that the play calling that existed when Tedford was around magically disappeared when he left and USC exposed Smiths Fucking Stupid play calling.

Gladstone said:

Baseman said:

Penis.
    Bitch please.

I never took you for a smith apologist, but facts are facts.
    Ironic that the play calling that existed when Tedford was around magically disappeared when he left and USC exposed Smiths Fucking Stupid play calling.
    Smith is a horrible playcaller.

You can't call plays to overcome an inability to run the ball. 17 yards on 27 carries is an asskicking.