Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dawgman predictions

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,208 Founders Club
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Kim and Samek said that there would be Signing Day surprises and that we would be worshiping the ground Tosh walks on...

Comments

• Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, sure.

This may not be on all on Tosh though. Who wants to play on a team coached by a marginal coach like Steve? Kids are smart enough to figure out the Washington is not the place, I'm sad to say.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    If I was a kid with multiple compelling offers, I'd be hesitant about committing to a staff that may be getting cleaned out in 10 months.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,208 Founders Club
    they're not going anywhere anytime soon
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    I wish the boss was on a short leash (10 months.) I have no faith in the AD to make an easy decision. (It's an easy call if we don't go 10 - 2...fat chance.)

They'll be happy with us sliding along at 7 - 5 forever.

If I was a kid with multiple compelling offers, I'd be hesitant about committing to a staff that may be getting cleaned out in 10 months.

• fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    Where did we say that? Please don't misquote us. It was a very good class, BTW. Some people only want to bring up the negatives.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    Sadly 7-5 and an annual bowl game will keep probably 75% of the fan base happy for years since thats a winning record right?

Meanwhile S14A FS will keep telling us about how crappy Mora is while he takes UCLA to the Rose Bowl every year.
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200

Yeah, sure.

This may not be on all on Tosh though. Who wants to play on a team coached by a marginal coach like Steve? Kids are smart enough to figure out the Washington is not the place, I'm sad to say.

The twins that went to Oregon said UW blew them away but they decided on Oregon because they felt they had a better chance to win championships there.

The fact is this school won't recruit any better unless Sark wins 9-10 next year. 7-8 wins in the 5th year won't cut it and you have to get rid of the guy. If Woodward had any balls or any tact or wisdom he'd push Sark out, promote Wilcox and then go out and hire a top flight OC. Wilcox, Sirmon and Tosh have been a huge upgrade and with a real OC could do serious damage.
    Do you run into the same issues with Wilcox as HC and DC that we have now with the OC trying to play HC?
    Wilcox is a proven coordinator, Sark is not.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Yeah, sure.

The twins that went to Oregon said UW blew them away but they decided on Oregon because they felt they had a better chance to win championships there.

The fact is this school won't recruit any better unless Sark wins 9-10 next year. 7-8 wins in the 5th year won't cut it and you have to get rid of the guy. If Woodward had any balls or any tact or wisdom he'd push Sark out, promote Wilcox and then go out and hire a top flight OC. Wilcox, Sirmon and Tosh have been a huge upgrade and with a real OC could do serious damage.
    This just in: Wilcox sucks as a DC too. He's just better than Holt like Sark is better than Ty.

See games against Oregon and WSU for details.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, sure.

This just in: Wilcox sucks as a DC too. He's just better than Holt like Sark is better than Ty.

See games against Oregon and WSU for details.
    Exactly. Anyone who thinks Wilcox should be the head coach can't think past lunch and should roast in an inferno.
    Yes, I like to pick a few random things to make point. How many teams have held Oregon to under 35 pts in the last 3 years? I guess Mora sucks too since WSU scored about 30 pts in the second half and almost won that game. Difference was UCLA had an offense that could get a first down. Oh and Cal scored 37 with Maynard so Mora sucks. See what I did there?

You can argue that the whole thing needs to be blown up again and hire an entire new staff but you cant say that Wilcox sucks a DC. Texas tried to hire him two years ago.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,208 Founders Club
    I'm not lobbying for Wilcox by any means, but if you gave me a choice right now, take either Wilcox or Sark as UW head coach with no other alternatives, I absolutely take Wilcox.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the point is that it's not an A or B choice between Sark or Wilcox. We could get C - a coach with head coaching experience who has a track record of winning. I'll agree that Wilcox could very well be a better head coach than Sark, but I'm not going to hire a guy who might be a 6 just because my current head coach is a 4.

I think the point is that it's not an A or B choice between Sark or Wilcox. We could get C - a coach with head coaching experience who has a track record of winning. I'll agree that Wilcox could very well be a better head coach than Sark, but I'm not going to hire a guy who might be a 6 just because my current head coach is a 4.

absolutely agreed.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    What makes anyone think Wilcox would make a good head coach? Why gamble on another unproven guy? Get a guy that's done it before. But maybe Wilcox gives a kick ass presser and " gets it"
    I get the feeling that the chances of pushing Sark out and promoting from within are much much higher than cleaning out the entire staff.

You can't argue that the new guys have not improved recruiting. It salvaged what was a below average class last year and turned in a good class this year. Would be "great" if they win 9+ next year. The linebackers were a disaster a year ago and now are the strength of the team. The DB's were much better even with a lack of a pass rush.

If you are actually paying attention you might realize that there are some good things going with the D staff.... but the problem and biggest weak link is the HC who is just a terribly ineffective OC masquerading as a HC.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I get the feeling that the chances of pushing Sark out and promoting from within are much much higher than cleaning out the entire staff.

You can't argue that the new guys have not improved recruiting. It salvaged what was a below average class last year and turned in a good class this year. Would be "great" if they win 9+ next year. The linebackers were a disaster a year ago and now are the strength of the team. The DB's were much better even with a lack of a pass rush.

If you are actually paying attention you might realize that there are some good things going with the D staff.... but the problem and biggest weak link is the HC who is just a terribly ineffective OC masquerading as a HC.

The defense has improved. That is a fact. So do you want Wilcox to be the head coach based on making a terrible defense an average defense? I vote for hiring a head coach who has a proven record as a head coach. Yeah yeah... No proven head coach will take the job.... Bullshit. Money talks.
  • you guys are barking up the wrong tree... football and basketball coaches are not going anywhere as long as woody's the sheriff. Let it play out... BRB

This. In the past five years everyone but the HC has been replaced, who's left if performance continues to flatline?