Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why is Chico returning kicks?

2»

Comments

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Gladstone said:

biak1 said:

What exactly are the RS rules anymore? I thought you couldn't play past the first 2-3 games and only have a few snaps, rather than a 1-snap-burn (lol)?

You are confusing medical redshirt with an actual, proper redshirt. The latter has always been 0 snaps to preserve the year of eligibility. Once you enter a live game, you burn it. 1 snap or 1,000 snaps. To qualify for a medical RS a la Joyner, you have to get injured during the first 30% of the season IIRC.
    There was a proposed rule change this year that would allow a redshirt to play up to 4 games. Not sure when that is being voted on but could take effect for next season I believe.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

Gladstone said:

biak1 said:

What exactly are the RS rules anymore? I thought you couldn't play past the first 2-3 games and only have a few snaps, rather than a 1-snap-burn (lol)?

You are confusing medical redshirt with an actual, proper redshirt. The latter has always been 0 snaps to preserve the year of eligibility. Once you enter a live game, you burn it. 1 snap or 1,000 snaps. To qualify for a medical RS a la Joyner, you have to get injured during the first 30% of the season IIRC.
    There was a proposed rule change this year that would allow a redshirt to play up to 4 games. Not sure when that is being voted on but could take effect for next season I believe.
    If this goes into effect, get ready to see zero starters in the 2nd half of any UW scrimmage.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,093 Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

biak1 said:

But isn't it pretty easy to petition for the medical RS?
    Yeah, but there needs to be a season ending injury. I don't think we want that for any of these guys
    I never boo the kids, and I don't root for injuries.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Alexis said:

Gladstone said:

biak1 said:

Yeah, but there needs to be a season ending injury. I don't think we want that for any of these guys
    Classy post
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Alexis said:

Gladstone said:

biak1 said:

Nebraska Classy post