Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cleaning up out here...

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
The frustration and anger out here since saturday night has been overwhelming at times. It's causing a division out here that's just ....not good.

This board is about Steve Sarkisian and supporting him no matter what, even at the expense of Husky Football itself. We're going to keep it like that. If you're pissed off and feel the need to post, do it on Facebook, not here. It's time to allow those who want to talk about football, the upcoming game, etc without the threads getting hijacked into debates about the coaching situation.

For the time being, any threads started about the coaching situation will be moved to Facebook. Post to your heart's content.....within the guidelines set.

If you attempt to hijack a thread, your post will probably get deleted, unless you're bashing Derek Johnson or Race Bannon. If it continues, you may not be able to post for a few days.

The entire staff is scrambling to not only keep peace out here, but to keep the information flowing. Add to that, myself, CFetters_Nacho_Lover and CheersWestDawg all have the crud that's going around. Both of Race Bannon's dads also have it. This hasn't been a fun few days by any means, especially with all the anger out here. You guys need to start showing some empathy toward us, damn it.

Please respect the site by posting on the appropriate board. If you have an issue, send us a note. We're not going to hash it out on the boreds.

Keep something in mind.............We work our tails off. Some of us are under the weather and grinding through. Let's face it, we're heroes. Being involved with the site isn't what we do, it's who we are. It's difficult to see what's been going on out here since Saturday.

Everybody..........please.........take a deep breath.........And continue to pay us even though we won't let you talk about what you want to talk about. Don't use this board as your personal punching bag. It just adds more to our plate, which is currently on overload.

Thanks guys

Comments

• The frustration and anger out here since saturday night has been overwhelming at times. It's causing a division out here that's just ....not good.

This board is about Steve Sarkisian and supporting him no matter what, even at the expense of Husky Football itself. We're going to keep it like that. If you're pissed off and feel the need to post, do it on Facebook, not here. It's time to allow those who want to talk about football, the upcoming game, etc without the threads getting hijacked into debates about the coaching situation.

For the time being, any threads started about the coaching situation will be moved to Facebook. Post to your heart's content.....within the guidelines set.

If you attempt to hijack a thread, your post will probably get deleted, unless you're bashing Derek Johnson or Race Bannon. If it continues, you may not be able to post for a few days.

The entire staff is scrambling to not only keep peace out here, but to keep the information flowing. Add to that, myself, CFetters_Nacho_Lover and CheersWestDawg all have the crud that's going around. Both of Race Bannon's dads also have it. This hasn't been a fun few days by any means, especially with all the anger out here. You guys need to start showing some empathy toward us, damn it.

Please respect the site by posting on the appropriate board. If you have an issue, send us a note. We're not going to hash it out on the boreds.

Keep something in mind.............We work our tails off. Some of us are under the weather and grinding through. Let's face it, we're heroes. Being involved with the site isn't what we do, it's who we are. It's difficult to see what's been going on out here since Saturday.

Everybody..........please.........take a deep breath.........And continue to pay us even though we won't let you talk about what you want to talk about. Don't use this board as your personal punching bag. It just adds more to our plate, which is currently on overload. overloaded with Nachos.

Thanks guys

Obvious fix.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
  • This thread is awesome and definitely delivers.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Thanks Derek. I have no idea what you do that is so difficult but it's totally worth my $10.95 a month.
  • I've fought for this country for my whole life. Vietnam, Grenada, the boar war. You name it, I've been there. In the trenches, seeing good me die in my arms. But in all those years and all those wars, I've never -- NEVER -- seen men who are braver or more courageous than the dawgman staff.They are heroes. You hear me? HEROES. It's unbelievable what they put up with out here. Show some respect.

I would take a bullet for any of them. They represent all that's good with America.

If you cant be positive about our DAWGS then STFU!!!!!

I still remember when that fucktard made that post. I was just shaking my head and thinking WOW! This fucking idiot is the difference between me having my freedoms and speaking muslim?
  • DingaLingDingaLing Member Posts: 66
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

I've fought for this country for my whole life. Vietnam, Grenada, the boar war. You name it, I've been there. In the trenches, seeing good me die in my arms. But in all those years and all those wars, I've never -- NEVER -- seen men who are braver or more courageous than the dawgman staff.They are heroes. You hear me? HEROES. It's unbelievable what they put up with out here. Show some respect.

I would take a bullet for any of them. They represent all that's good with America.

I still remember when that fucktard made that post. I was just shaking my head and thinking WOW! This fucking idiot is the difference between me having my freedoms and speaking muslim?
    It was insane. But there's a common thread of old vets, clearly not technologically savvy, who stumble on doogman and, because they don't know any better, exalt Kim & crew. It's like, they're comfortable with following Kim's lead, they understand that. Rallying around someone (ie the coach) makes sense. And anyone who challenges that paradigm is a threat.

It's weird. And sad.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    I fought and DIED for this country. I came back to life to follow Race Bannon around for years because he posted on the Bruin board that Rick would beat Sark. HE WAS WRONG.
  • Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330

The frustration and anger out here since saturday night has been overwhelming at times. It's causing a division out here that's just ....not good.

Everybody..........please.........take a deep breath.........And continue to pay us even though we won't let you talk about what you want to talk about. Don't use this board as your personal punching bag. It just adds more to our plate, which is currently on overload.

Thanks guys

Haha, this part gave me the biggest laugh.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I've fought for this country for my whole life. Vietnam, Grenada, the boar war. You name it, I've been there. In the trenches, seeing good men die in my arms. But in all those years and all those wars, I've never -- NEVER -- seen men who are braver or more courageous than the dawgman staff.They are heroes. You hear me? HEROES. It's unbelievable what they put up with out here. Show some respect.

Who actually posted this? Riverine?

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    Best. Post. Ever.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,131 Founders Club

I've fought for this country for my whole life. Vietnam, Grenada, the boar war. You name it, I've been there. In the trenches, seeing good men die in my arms. But in all those years and all those wars, I've never -- NEVER -- seen men who are braver or more courageous than the dawgman staff.They are heroes. You hear me? HEROES. It's unbelievable what they put up with out here. Show some respect.

Someone actually wrote that? I thought you made that up. Holy fuck.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,131 Founders Club
    FREE PUUB!!!1!!!

Someone actually wrote that? I thought you made that up. Holy fuck.
    A smidge of embellishment. But yea, that post actually happened.

Who actually posted this? Riverine?

I think so.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I commend you, Derek, for remaining steadfast against the incessant tide of intellectual discourse, critical reasoning, and the high standards of a once-mighty football school. Our enemy's numbers may be growing, their arguments evermore factual.....but with our Armenian overlord leading the way -- allah winning the forces of five-year-mediocrity, OL disrepair, Phil Bleenor manatee sources, FREE PUB, and embarrassing blowouts shall continue to reign. Long may they reign.

Because everything is about our lord, Steve Sarkisian. Not the University of Washington. Not the tradition. Not the fans. Certainly not the OL. It's about Steve. Oh how we love him so. Curse those who speak ill of the man. Spit on those who remember what UW football stands for. Long live Sark. May he forgive those foul-mouthed taxpaying fans who probably don't even realize that he tries really, really hard. He has children. The players love him. Can't we just enjoy watching the players play and support our coach? This isn't the NFL.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    WA should change mascot from a husky to a plunger.