Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sitting Chart

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

DL depth scares me

Why?
    I don't like that Scrempos and McCoy got passed up by a walk-on. Also, another walk-on in the depth at the BUCK spot, which is 50/50 DL position. Landing another big-time DL sometime in the past 2 classes would have helped a lot.
    I agree with you on needing some big time DL in recent classes.

Pulu is not your average walk-on either though, I'm ok seeing him pass guys, scrempos is one year off double shoulder surgery. I feel real comfortable with our top 6-7 DL and then you throw in Scrempos or McCoy I am good.

The edge depth is a concern for sure though.
    Agreed. I just think that there is such a huge dropoff after Gaines and Vea. More so than probably any other position. They're really rare though, so somewhat understandable, but still.
    I don't think Jaylen Johnson and Levi/Shane Bowman is a devastating drop, Jaylen is really really good, and Levi has a chance to be elite soon. It's a drop because Gaines and Vea are elite, but the drop is to a high level of play still.
    Also OT, obviously.

I didn't even know Hilbers was still on the team and I thought Roberts was an inside guy.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2017
    i don't think there's any way we line up in that defensive formation any more than 10% of the season
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Queef something out of that cunt of yours J I want to talk football
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

DL depth scares me

Why?
    I don't like that Scrempos and McCoy got passed up by a walk-on. Also, another walk-on in the depth at the BUCK spot, which is 50/50 DL position. Landing another big-time DL sometime in the past 2 classes would have helped a lot.
    I agree with you on needing some big time DL in recent classes.

Pulu is not your average walk-on either though, I'm ok seeing him pass guys, scrempos is one year off double shoulder surgery. I feel real comfortable with our top 6-7 DL and then you throw in Scrempos or McCoy I am good.

The edge depth is a concern for sure though.
    Agreed. I just think that there is such a huge dropoff after Gaines and Vea. More so than probably any other position. They're really rare though, so somewhat understandable, but still.
    Biggest dropoff is at QB wiff a bullet.

Hi Grundle!
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

DL depth scares me

Why?
    The scary thing is that Ryan Bowman might be the best pass rusher on the team. I know a trainer on the team who said as much, and he also looked really disruptive in the scrimmage.

The problem is that a walk-on shouldn't be our best pass rusher. That's a failure in both recruiting and in developing the OLB's pass rush skills.
    Get a fucking grip. We have about 6 guys who could potentially emerge as a pass rushing threat this year. If Bowman is the best one because everyone else sucks, then feel free to complain. If he's the best because he solidifies himself as a stud, then it doesn't really matter if he's a walk-on or not.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,807
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Walk on or not best 11 play!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2017
    Some of you cunts missing that point some of the scholarship guys are not working out properly. Means UW need to recruit prospects with lower floors.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Some of you cunts missing that point some of the scholarship guys are not working out properly. Means UW need to recruit prospects with lower floors.

And?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

BallzDeep said:

haie said:

BallzDeep said:

You dumb fucks hating on the walk-ons that are in the two deeps are dumb as fuck. This is one of the top five teams in the nation. If a walk-on is in the two deeps it's because he's pretty fucking good. It's not like Myles Bryant sucked when he wasn't on scholarship and then all of a sudden magically became good when he was awarded a scholarship. He was always good and has led the team in interceptions in both of the two previous Fall camps. Ryan Bowman, Pulu, Bronson, and Clark (injured) are all legit. These ain't your average walk-ons from back when 7-win Steve was running shit. Are they as talented as Vita Vea? Fuck no because nobody in the country is but these motherfuckers are talented and can play. Watch them play before you start bitching about the D-line depth and claiming a big drop off.

Sounds like parents of walk ons read these boareds
    I'm like two years older than them fuck face. Not way I'll still be posting on a gay message board like this when I'm old enough to be their parent like some of you teen boy stalking degenerates.

I don't have to be one of their parents to recognize legit talent. But I'm sure you're right and the coaches are wrong putting walk-ons in the two-deeps. What was I thinking?
    It's actually gayer to be posting on it as a young guy. You should be out partying and doing drugs and shit. The old guys have families and nothing else to do you dumbass. This is coming from a fairly (28) young guy, but I'm wifed so I'm fucked.

Why not abundance?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jamon Dotson is in the two deeps? Pete's fucking with us, right?

With Joyner suspended who else do we even have there other than true freshmen?
    I'm hearing Azeem will be moving over there.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Like who? If none of Bartlett, Warren, Potoae, or Sterk, who will all be third year players this year, emerge as edge rushing threats, then yeah, we've busted. The rest are either duds from the Sark era (Potatoes), or are still too young to write off yet (Rice, Amandre). Considering three of the four above guys have had solid to great camps, you should probably LIFPO.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It's pretty simple. The best players will play.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

And?
    I got tired pushing in the can and forgot what point i was trying to make.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

BallzDeep said:

haie said:

BallzDeep said:

You dumb fucks hating on the walk-ons that are in the two deeps are dumb as fuck. This is one of the top five teams in the nation. If a walk-on is in the two deeps it's because he's pretty fucking good. It's not like Myles Bryant sucked when he wasn't on scholarship and then all of a sudden magically became good when he was awarded a scholarship. He was always good and has led the team in interceptions in both of the two previous Fall camps. Ryan Bowman, Pulu, Bronson, and Clark (injured) are all legit. These ain't your average walk-ons from back when 7-win Steve was running shit. Are they as talented as Vita Vea? Fuck no because nobody in the country is but these motherfuckers are talented and can play. Watch them play before you start bitching about the D-line depth and claiming a big drop off.

Sounds like parents of walk ons read these boareds
    I'm like two years older than them fuck face. Not way I'll still be posting on a gay message board like this when I'm old enough to be their parent like some of you teen boy stalking degenerates.

I don't have to be one of their parents to recognize legit talent. But I'm sure you're right and the coaches are wrong putting walk-ons in the two-deeps. What was I thinking?
    It's actually gayer to be posting on it as a young guy. You should be out partying and doing drugs and shit. The old guys have families and nothing else to do you dumbass. This is coming from a fairly (28) young guy, but I'm wifed so I'm fucked.
    Sad!