Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Swaye

2»

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    edited August 2017
    Swaye said:

dflea said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Swaye said:

The plane has been retired but the point is still valid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RFeIj-xwEM

Of all the F's, the 14 had the most swagger ever, including the Phantom. And it was carrier only. Flare to land squat to pee.
    I rank the F15 ahead of the F14. I've flown neither so my opinion is pretty close to worthless.
    The F-14 is the plane all the girls wanted to bang, and all the guys wanted to be. F-15 is what faggy Air Farce guys flew. I was lucky enough to get a couple hours of stick time in an F-14 on a weapons det to El Centro once. Fucking awesome. This is back when we had gas to actually fly and train. So much you could even take a schlub F-18 guy up and let him bore holes in the sky. Not telling you what I had to do to get that ride, but it was sexually disgusting. Preemptive fuck your WTF Boobs.
    Which one wins a dogfight - with pilots of equal skill?

Edge to the F-15. F-14 bleeds energy well (energy loss is a huge thing because the whole deal with A2A is who can bleed energy the best and get their nose around onto the other guy), but the F-15 is primarily a single seat fighter, whereas the 14 is dual. F-14 is slower, a little less nimble, and heavier (dual seats AND landing gear that can handle the carrier). What made the F-14 so bad ass in it's day was it's radar, and the fact it could carry 6 Phoenix missiles. In a 1V1 fight, you take the F-15, in a major war with multiple bogeys in a 4V4 formation, you take the F-14 every time.

None of this matters anymore though. There will never be another up close and personal F-4 vs. MiG fight. Nowadays with low radar cross sections, unreal radars, and A2A missiles that can reach out and touch someone, he who sees the other guy first (via radar) wins. Dogfights are now fought without ever seeing the other plane with the naked eye. Weird.

I feel I need to caveat giving the Strike Eagle the victory...Bach is more musically intricate than Motorhead. Who got laid more, Lemmy or Bach? Fuck yeah! F-14 all day er'y day!
    The F-15 platform now with the V3 and six AIM-120's along with two AIM-9x's is the best thing we have in the sky by a mile. Also, even back in the day the F-15 had six AIM-7 missiles. The Dirty Bird was a far superior weapon to the AIM-54. It also had two AIM-9/L/M's for close quarters. But Maverick didn't fly an F-15 so it doesn't matter.

The F-22 when actually operational is fucking bonkers. If it's in the pattern you might as well punch out and save yourself some time. It's like a Swaye in a childrens hospital.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Swaye said:

Of all the F's, the 14 had the most swagger ever, including the Phantom. And it was carrier only. Flare to land squat to pee.
    I rank the F15 ahead of the F14. I've flown neither so my opinion is pretty close to worthless.
    The F-14 is the plane all the girls wanted to bang, and all the guys wanted to be. F-15 is what faggy Air Farce guys flew. I was lucky enough to get a couple hours of stick time in an F-14 on a weapons det to El Centro once. Fucking awesome. This is back when we had gas to actually fly and train. So much you could even take a schlub F-18 guy up and let him bore holes in the sky. Not telling you what I had to do to get that ride, but it was sexually disgusting. Preemptive fuck your WTF Boobs.

Edge to the F-15. F-14 bleeds energy well (energy loss is a huge thing because the whole deal with A2A is who can bleed energy the best and get their nose around onto the other guy), but the F-15 is primarily a single seat fighter, whereas the 14 is dual. F-14 is slower, a little less nimble, and heavier (dual seats AND landing gear that can handle the carrier). What made the F-14 so bad ass in it's day was it's radar, and the fact it could carry 6 Phoenix missiles. In a 1V1 fight, you take the F-15, in a major war with multiple bogeys in a 4V4 formation, you take the F-14 every time.

None of this matters anymore though. There will never be another up close and personal F-4 vs. MiG fight. Nowadays with low radar cross sections, unreal radars, and A2A missiles that can reach out and touch someone, he who sees the other guy first (via radar) wins. Dogfights are now fought without ever seeing the other plane with the naked eye. Weird.

I feel I need to caveat giving the Strike Eagle the victory...Bach is more musically intricate than Motorhead. Who got laid more, Lemmy or Bach? Fuck yeah! F-14 all day er'y day!
    The F-15 platform now with the V3 and six AIM-120's along with two AIM-9x's is the best thing we have in the sky by a mile. Also, even back in the day the F-15 had six AIM-7 missiles. The Dirty Bird was a far superior weapon to the AIM-54. It also had two AIM-9/L/M's for close quarters. But Maverick didn't fly an F-15 so it doesn't matter.

The F-22 when actually operational is fucking bonkers. If it's in the pattern you might as well punch out and save yourself some time. It's like a Swaye in a childrens hospital.
    Was talking to a Super Hornet friend of mine after I retired. They went 4V4 with some F-22s in Japan on training. Said they never even saw them and they were dead. The F-22 is no fucking joke.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Swaye said:

Was talking to a Super Hornet friend of mine after I retired. They went 4V4 with some F-22s in Japan on training. Said they never even saw them and they were dead. The F-22 is no fucking joke.
    Amazing aircraft, with amazing capabilities that go way beyond flight characteristics.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    But, but, the F-35

[punches self in dick]
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

But, but, the F-35

[punches self in dick]

That one has been a clusterfuck. Advanced sensor, avionics, weapons, and data linking technologies may pull it out of the fire, but estimated total life cycle costs for that program already exceed 1T USD. Can I get a fuck me runnin?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Nothing good ever happened at the Air Force that was done higher than the O-6 level. The A-10 and the F-16 were both projects led and managed by O-6s.
    Don't even get me started on the Navy and A-6's. I loved flying F-18's, and it's a good jack of all trades master of none type air frame...but at the end of the day A-6's handling bombing and Tomcats handling A2A is about a billion times better than the F-18 trying to do it all. It is way worse at both...and we were sold on this single air frame to rule them all because of how cost effective it was! So, here we are now with the JSF costing a FUCKTON more than the A-12 and an F-14 follow-on ever would have cost. Pork much? Fucking disgusting. All politicians should be drowned.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Swaye said:

Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Swaye said:

The only design flaw is once it switches on its radar it's no longer stealth. So, the current setup is to run an F-22 with two F-15's. Their 120's use the V3 of the F-15 to fire long range and as soon as the missile bay is empty they break off and go close quarters while the F-15 hang back and fire long range.

The way we are setup now is each 15 can sink 12 bogeys from long range, the 22 can sink four from long range, and each can take six close range with their X's. The 15's are supposed to stop once the racks are empty, but the F-22 is supposed to drop four more with the Vulcan before turning back.

That's 26 enemy aircraft with three planes on one sortie. As a metric most of the world has an Air Force of 24 jets or less.

Essentially we aren't losing a war as long as the AF exists, but you can't win one with just the AF either, which we have shown since Vietnam.
    edited August 2017
    Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Swaye said:

The only design flaw is once it switches on its radar it's no longer stealth. So, the current setup is to run an F-22 with two F-15's. Their 120's use the V3 of the F-15 to fire long range and as soon as the missile bay is empty they break off and go close quarters while the F-15 hang back and fire long range.

The way we are setup now is each 15 can sink 12 bogeys from long range, the 22 can sink four from long range, and each can take six close range with their X's. The 15's are supposed to stop once the racks are empty, but the F-22 is supposed to drop four more with the Vulcan before turning back.

That's 26 enemy aircraft with three planes on one sortie. As a metric most of the world has an Air Force of 24 jets or less.

Essentially we aren't losing a war as long as the AF exists, but you can't win one with just the AF either, which we have shown since Vietnam.
    Super chinteresting tactical deployment. Those Air Force fags sure are clever. The only Air Forces in the world I would even see bothering to go up into the air are China (trounced), Israel (trounced) and Russia (capable but mauled anyway, and that only assumes the war happens after the PAK FA is rolled out, as of now trounced). I've always hated the Air Force but goddamn if they don't have the best toys. F-22 is on a whole other level. For the entire world. And that includes shit still in development. Don't get me wrong, the PAK FA will be a serious 5th gen fighter, but low observables still give the edge to the Raptor, to me anyway. But what do I know, I'm a drunk.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    I'm holding out for @dflea s opinion
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    My opinion is worth shit on this thread.

Or any thread really.
    dflea said:

Or any thread really.

Not true. If I want to know when the fish are biting hard, I come to you. Or pumpy.
    Swaye said:

dflea said:

Or any thread really.

Not true. If I want to know when the fish are biting hard, I come to you. Or pumpy.
    Not too many people talk fishing here. Pussies.

A buddy went out in the San Juans yesterday and came back with 35 Atlantic salmon. He said they're so retarded you can't help catching them.

I wouldn't cross the street for some farmed turd fish, but I bet all his neighbors thought he was super cool for handing them out.
    dflea said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Or any thread really.

A buddy went out in the San Juans yesterday and came back with 35 Atlantic salmon. He said they're so retarded you can't help catching them.

I wouldn't cross the street for some farmed turd fish, but I bet all his neighbors thought he was super cool for handing them out.
    I love women like I love my fish - retarded. Makes it easier in both cases.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,644 Founders Club
    dflea said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Or any thread really.

Why in the fuck are we? farming Atlantic salmon in the sound?

I saw that this morning and just rolled my eyes

dflea said:

Swaye said:

dflea said:

Or any thread really.

Why in the fuck are we? farming Atlantic salmon in the sound?

I saw that this morning and just rolled my eyes
    Who knows. Now WDFW is telling everyone to go get them........but they closed all the rivers in that zone to fishing because of ESA listed stocks.

Fucking clowns.