Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HuskyFanPodcast: Fire Sark Podcast

The gang goes over the obvious reasons why Sark has to go. Lots of topics: Sark as an OC, Boosters, Recruiting, Doog Talking Points, Dick Baird, Hugh Millen, Doogman, Cal Predictions

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/CalPodcast.mp3

Comments

• I figured this will be your best podcast given what has happened to you in the past few days with these fucking Doog cunts.
  • To me the red flag on Sark is how shitty to average his offenses are. That is supposed to be his fucking specialty!

That's what I always tell my Sark friends who defend him. I'm always like he is supposed to be this offensive genius yet he's always towards the bottom to middle of the conference.

He's not even good at what is supposed to be fucking strength!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

To me the red flag on Sark is how shitty to average his offenses are. That is supposed to be his fucking specialty!

That's what I always tell my Sark friends who defend him. I'm always like he is supposed to be this offensive genius yet he's always towards the bottom to middle of the conference.

He's not even good at what is supposed to be fucking strength!

It is amazing how many younger fans have become brainwashed by the free pub and "Best play caller in the country" bullshit. It's been about 50/50 when I have talked to my friends about Sark. It's not only them though. Young or old, fans will support anyone who is our coach. Clueless morons come from any age group. It makes me think this program is in serious trouble unless they hit it right with the next coach.

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
    I have a very intelligent friend who's a booster and has spent a good deal of social time with Sark. He absolutely loves him, and thinks he will become the best coach in the country. We have an annual bet, now into its second year, of which coach will do better in conference play, Sark or Mora. I won last year and I will win this year.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    Your best effort. Stats, profanity, humor. Well done.

Have you guys tried to promote the podcast? Tweet it to condotta, Jude, etc? I know Condotta linked to a HH article once. You'd figure "New Husky Football Podcast" would get some love from uwdawgpound & husky haul & Softy (as long as he doesnt listen to it) & whomever.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I have a very intelligent friend who's a booster and has spent a good deal of social time with Sark. He absolutely loves him, and thinks he will become the best coach in the country. We have an annual bet, now into its second year, of which coach will do better in conference play, Sark or Mora. I won last year and I will win this year.

If there are more boosters like your friend (seems likely), we are fucked.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Great mutually exclusive logic as always.

Your friend is a smart moron.
    A bone to pick with Chest: If UW wins 8 this year it's because of the OOC schedule and nothing else. Going 5-4 with Wilcox is no better than going 5-4 with Holt.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

A bone to pick with Chest: If UW wins 8 this year it's because of the OOC schedule and nothing else. Going 5-4 with Wilcox is no better than going 5-4 with Holt.

This bored is so confusing. Smart morons? Some friend. I comitteed to HHB, so I hope to figure it out; I learn more here than I could from Kim.

And I thoughts 5-4>5-4>5-4. Sarkasm, because water is wet, with or without house money.

BTW, Sark ain't going 5-4 with Wilcox this year. 4-5 at best. Hopefully sufficient to see: Door. Ass. Out.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

If we are going to use the advanced metrics against Sark then when have to be fair. Right now both SRS & Sagarin have UW in the top 20. The schedule right now is top 5 and that will finish lower, probably around 30. If UW goes 8-4 it will be in the top 25 of these rankings which would be a huge jump from the last 4 years. Thats the only pro-Sark argument anyone can make, however my point is that jump is 95% because of Wilcox.

If we are going to use the advanced metrics against Sark then when have to be fair. Right now both SRS & Sagarin have UW in the top 20. The schedule right now is top 5 and that will finish lower, probably around 30. If UW goes 8-4 it will be in the top 25 of these rankings which would be a huge jump from the last 4 years. Thats the only pro-Sark argument anyone can make, however my point is that jump is 95% because of Wilcox.
    To be totally fair, if UW goes 8-4 this year then the metrics will finally match the record. Sark's W/L have been above metric for several years, no?

To be totally fair, if UW goes 8-4 this year then the metrics will finally match the record. Sark's W/L have been above metric for several years, no?
    Yes and yes.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    One of your nine listeners here; Being somewhat out of the loop on inside info (this was the first I'd heard of the Army AA Party Bus incident) - what are some other instances of sark's 'frat boy' behavior? Nice to have these anecdotes to help argue for his firing for the people who cant be bothered to look up his W-L's on wikipedia.

Your best effort. Stats, profanity, humor. Well done.

Have you guys tried to promote the podcast? Tweet it to condotta, Jude, etc? I know Condotta linked to a HH article once. You'd figure "New Husky Football Podcast" would get some love from uwdawgpound & husky haul & Softy (as long as he doesnt listen to it) & whomever.

I've tweeted it to a few people. Excluding our Dawgman rant which made it to Scout, our ASU post-game podcast was a record and was about twice the listenership as other podcasts. I'm also posting on UWDawgPound and will tweet it directly to some people.

One of your nine listeners here; Being somewhat out of the loop on inside info (this was the first I'd heard of the Army AA Party Bus incident) - what are some other instances of sark's 'frat boy' behavior? Nice to have these anecdotes to help argue for his firing for the people who cant be bothered to look up his W-L's on wikipedia.

Spoonie, check the other threads on this site. There is one from yesterday that documents some of Sark's transgressions.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    A very good and mostly relevant rantcast chunked full of fun stuff about the not so funny.

One thing I believe you all should have a better clue about by now is the obvious fact that Huskyfans and especially boosters, regardless of their individual or collective football intelligence or addiction to frontrunning,.... are not fucking responsible for the quality, good or bad, of what we see from our football team on Saturdays. And if you really think the deep pockets supporting Husky Football are going to do something affective about what's happening to our football program and somehow get it turned around, how can you explain or rationalize what happened to us twenty long years ago, and again in Summer 2003? Think about this for a minute, is the typical UW booster-fan a Tailgater..... or a Phil Bleener?

After skipping the Oregon game which was kind of tough to do given how the Sarkies competed at Stanford, I have decided to travel over and join my crew for the CAL game. I haven't yet detected any excitement anticipating the nighttime football we can expect to see in Husky Stadium, but a party is forming for family and friends in E1. For me, a home game with CAL regardless of kick-off time or season records is traditional and the Bears by now have to be hungry for some glory. Above all perhaps, I'm curious to see if the Sarkies are as bad as they looked on TV in Tempe. Renewal time is coming soon and it's shaping up to be another tough decision.
  • A bone to pick with Chest: If UW wins 8 this year it's because of the OOC schedule and nothing else. Going 5-4 with Wilcox is no better than going 5-4 with Holt.

For this team to go 5-4 in conference they'd have to beat either Oregon State or UCLA on the road.

Sark has never defeated a good coach or a good QB on the road. I was confused by the 8 win talk myself.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

For this team to go 5-4 in conference they'd have to beat either Oregon State or UCLA on the road.

Sark has never defeated a good coach or a good QB on the road. I was confused by the 8 win talk myself.

My thoughts exactly. 6-6, 7-5 seem far more likely, unless the team completely quits on him over the next two games, then we're looking at 4-8 or 5-7.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    I thought this was a family podcast - sure is a lot of foul language in this one