Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

I hope our opponents have the same conceptions of our secondary as the media.

Also the fact that people don't understand that Greg Gaines is the best player on the field.
    Enough said on that. our best player...

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132
    Mad_Son said:

Also the fact that people don't understand that Greg Gaines is our best player...

Did you read the same article as I did?

The one potential weakness, at least early in the season, could be the secondary. Cornerbacks Kevin King and Sidney Jones and safety Budda Baker all were drafted in the second round. Petersen and his staff have recruited well, so the Huskies certainly have talent on the back end, but it is inexperienced. If he is named the Rutgers starter, could pocket-passing Kyle Bolin take advantage? We shall see.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    ... yes... that is exactly my point... the extent of the analysis is that we had three stars go pro...
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    EwaDawg said:

Mad_Son said:

Also the fact that people don't understand that Greg Gaines is our best player...

Did you read the same article as I did?

The one potential weakness, at least early in the season, could be the secondary. Cornerbacks Kevin King and Sidney Jones and safety Budda Baker all were drafted in the second round. Petersen and his staff have recruited well, so the Huskies certainly have talent on the back end, but it is inexperienced. If he is named the Rutgers starter, could pocket-passing Kyle Bolin take advantage? We shall see.
    ----------

Young secondary won't be much of a problem with our home field advantage.