Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Excellent piece by Spengler on the CSA Monuments

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
Not sure if any of you have read David Goldman, a.k.a., "Spengler" before. Highly recommend this piece of his on the Confederate Monuments. Full disclaimer: Goldman's obviously pretty far right, and can get a bit nutty from time to time for my tastes. I also vehemently disagree with his vocal support for Trump. All that said, his command history is excellent and I especially like his takes over the years on the Civil War.
https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2017/08/15/say-decent-men-died-wicked-cause/

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I agree that this country needs more monuments to GEN Sherman.

He had me until the last paragraph. Cities, states, and entities that own Confederate monuments can make up their own minds regarding what to do with them. I was a bit saddened that New Orleans tore down the PGT Beauregard statue, but that's their call, not mine.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    That is actually a great fucking article.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

He had me until the last paragraph. Cities, states, and entities that own Confederate monuments can make up their own minds regarding what to do with them. I was a bit saddened that New Orleans tore down the PGT Beauregard statue, but that's their call, not mine.

Sherman is one of our most underrated Generals; it's too bad he had such a shitty tank named after him.

Also high on my list of underrated Generals is "Iron Tits", Matthew B Ridgeway.

AZDuck said:

Sherman is one of our most underrated Generals; it's too bad he had such a shitty tank named after him.

I am a huge supporter of anything named Iron Tits.

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

I am a huge supporter of anything named Iron Tits.
    3-4 Star Generals wearing hand grenades is Tuff. Ridgeway commanded 82nd Airborne though in WWII so no Grandpa Swaye connection
    He would have hated Grandpa anyway. Landed in a ditch and broke his legs up. I am sure General Iron Tits preferred his soldiers to be upright and fighting.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,654 Founders Club
    Just heard this morning that San Diego is removing a plaque that was going to commemorate the end of the Jefferson Davis hi way in the 20s

That seems to be the big decade for monuments

People actually thought naming a hi way after him was a good idea

The first Trans gender hi way was the Lincoln Road.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    I lived for three years at 1515 Jeff Davis Highway in Arlington VA. Can't say I ever liked writing my address.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    BearsWiin said:

I lived for three years at 1515 Jeff Davis Highway in Arlington VA. Can't say I ever liked writing my address.

$75K
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    Rape women and sell the kids for huge profits ?

Man, did I waste 19 fucking years in school...
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    tenndawg said:

You woulda never had it in ya. Tennessee was soft and the first Confederate State to rejoin the Union.
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161

tenndawg said:

You woulda never had it in ya. Tennessee was soft and the first Confederate State to rejoin the Union.
    Born in Florida

When the East Tennessee Appalachians hear me talk and say "You ain't from round here" I tell them they are a bunch of union sympathizers and my state was second to secede, and next to last to return...

Just heard this morning that San Diego is removing a plaque that was going to commemorate the end of the Jefferson Davis hi way in the 20s

The second news report said it was a trans gender railroad proposed in the late 19th century

you must have missed the big hoo-ha over Mount Soledad. That was make-out point for me at one stage of my life...
    AZDuck said:

you must have missed the big hoo-ha over Mount Soledad. That was make-out point for me at one stage of my life...
    I thought Soledad was a cross

AZDuck said:

Also a parking lot with a nice view of the city. Think make out hill in Animal House.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,666 Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Also a parking lot with a nice view of the city. Think make out hill in Animal House.
    Getting a handjob by the light of a crucifix is always special.

My catholic friends tell me that. #altarboys