Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Remind me again why we don't want Gary Pinkel

Comments

• Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    edited October 2013
    dhdawg said:

Your_Mom said:

Your_Mom said:

Replacing a coach with a .500 conference record with a coach who has a .520 conference record is a massive waste of time.

Replacing a coach that can't beat Oregon and Stanford, with a coach that can't beat Oregon and Stanford but stumbled into a Pac 12 south title during a down Pac 12 south year is a massive waste of time.
    When did Jim L. Mora lose to Oregon, LOSER?
    When did he beat them? We will see Sat how good he is, I'm predicting his relative performance we be similar to his relative performance against Furd.

And no, this isn't IMALOSER.
    u said can't, if u had said HASN'T that argument would've made sense, now LEAVE
    It's pretty simple. Most of us want Sark gone. I'm just not on the Mora bandwagon. Sark did better against Furd than Mora did. Pretty sure Oregon will smoke Mora.

I want a HC that does better.

The reasons we don't want Pinkel, are the same reasons we don't want Mora.

It's funny of some of you clones can't think for yourselves, and have to march in lock step to a few posters here.

It is just like on Kim's bored.

*Gurgle*
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

Your_Mom said:

Replacing a coach with a .500 conference record with a coach who has a .520 conference record is a massive waste of time.

Replacing a coach that can't beat Oregon and Stanford, with a coach that can't beat Oregon and Stanford but stumbled into a Pac 12 south title during a down Pac 12 south year is a massive waste of time.
    I don't care if they've played or not... How many times has Mora beaten Oregon? Yeah, that's what I thought...
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    With respect to mora, lipo.

The anointing he gets sometimes on this site is doogish.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    Your_Mom said:

Your_Mom said:

When did he beat them? We will see Sat how good he is, I'm predicting his relative performance we be similar to his relative performance against Furd.

He's going to get plungered. The dooginess over Mora on this site is a bit much. I think he has potential and has done a failrly good job so far, but some on here are as bad as Doogs are about Sark, hence why they creamed in their pants over Mora's Kick ass Presser on Brock and Danny, and linked a story about a former player donating one million to UCLA's program.

• AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Great coaches take their program has far as the Iron Laws allow. Pinkel has taken Missouri far higher than any coach has taken that program since Dan Devine left 40 years ago. UW is a historic top 25 program, Missouri is not.

Pinkel would not have been 7-5 at UW. He would not have been a .500 coach. He would've taken Lambo's recruits to Rose Bowls in 1999, 2000, and 2001 (you realize Skippy was one win away in '99, 01) and the program would never have fallen off.

If he would leave Missouri I would take him in a heartbeat.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Your_Mom said:

Your_Mom said:

That's exactly what IMALOSER would say.
  • Great coaches take their program has far as the Iron Laws allow. Pinkel has taken Missouri far higher than any coach has taken that program since Dan Devine left 40 years ago. UW is a historic top 25 program, Missouri is not.

Pinkel would not have been 7-5 at UW. He would not have been a .500 coach. He would've taken Lambo's recruits to Rose Bowls in 1999, 2000, and 2001 (you realize Skippy was one win away in '99, 01) and the program would never have fallen off.

First of all this isn't factual. In 2001 the Rose Bowl was the national title game and UW was 8-3 in the regular season while Oregon was 10-1. UW had no shot at a BCS game.

In 1999 the team started off 0-2 then Rick decided to switch his entire offense to the option as he tried to win the worst Pac-10 ever.

I don't think Pinkel would have done what Rick did in 2000. That wasn't a great talented team. It had good talent but we saw teams like 1994, 1996 and 1997 achieve less with much talent.

I think Pinkel would have been exactly what Lambo was. Have a solid W-L record but would always have some bad losses.

Like Lambright had a 9-2 regular season but mostly he was a 7-4 coach. That's Gary Pinkel IMO.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Your_Mom said:

Your_Mom said:

He's going to get plungered. The dooginess over Mora on this site is a bit much. I think he has potential and has done a failrly good job so far, but some on here are as bad as Doogs are about Sark, hence why they creamed in their pants over Mora's Kick ass Presser on Brock and Danny, and linked a story about a former player donating one million to UCLA's program.

You don't get it.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

Your_Mom said:

Your_Mom said:

You don't get it.
    What don't I get? Explain to me what I am missing. I like Mora, just want to LIFPO before I crown him like some already have. He has beaten one team that finished the year in the top 25 (Nebraska) the past two years. What game has he won that was a "wow" game?

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Great coaches take their program has far as the Iron Laws allow. Pinkel has taken Missouri far higher than any coach has taken that program since Dan Devine left 40 years ago. UW is a historic top 25 program, Missouri is not.

Jim Harbaugh votes this post down
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

First of all this isn't factual. In 2001 the Rose Bowl was the national title game and UW was 8-3 in the regular season while Oregon was 10-1. UW had no shot at a BCS game.

In 1999 the team started off 0-2 then Rick decided to switch his entire offense to the option as he tried to win the worst Pac-10 ever.

I don't think Pinkel would have done what Rick did in 2000. That wasn't a great talented team. It had good talent but we saw teams like 1994, 1996 and 1997 achieve less with much talent.

I think Pinkel would have been exactly what Lambo was. Have a solid W-L record but would always have some bad losses.

Like Lambright had a 9-2 regular season but mostly he was a 7-4 coach. That's Gary Pinkel IMO.
    Pinkel is definitely better than Lambo. His outperformance would have come most noticeably after the first few years.
  • Great coaches take their program has far as the Iron Laws allow. Pinkel has taken Missouri far higher than any coach has taken that program since Dan Devine left 40 years ago. UW is a historic top 25 program, Missouri is not.

Pinkel is definitely better than Lambo. His outperformance would have come most noticeably after the first few years.
    He is better but I think his W-L would mirror Lambo's W-L(keep in mind his is inflated due to all the talent).

I don't think Pinkel would have ever won a Rose Bowl for us.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,131 Founders Club

He's correct. The 2001 Rose Bowl followed the 2000 season. This was Rick's RB team. Aubs is contending that Pinkel would have made 3 straight RBs following the 98, 99, and 00 seasons.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Your_Mom said:

Your_Mom said:

Dooginess? Dooginess is supporting a guy just because he's the Husky HC even though you threw a tantrum the day he got hired because Pool Boy lied to you.

Dooginess is getting behind one coach and shouting down anyone who suggests anyone else.

Dooginess is hating a guy because he dared to do his job and recruit against Washington.

The Mora love that many of us on this site share is many things, but it is nothing like dooginess.
  • BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    I don't know if Mora is the guy or not. Personally, I prefer the idea of the AD actually earning their fucking paychecks for once and going out and identifying a young, hungry, talented coach. You know, someone laboring in the wilds of small-time football. Like a Kent State or a Youngstown State or whatever. Someone who won't see UW as a stepping stone. Someone who will stick around for 18 or so years.

But most importantly, someone who knows how to win.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    dnc said:

Objectively, Mora's a very good college football coach.

Subjectively, he's the perfect coach for the University of Washington.

Anybody can find stats to support their position.

I'll change my view if Mora does well against Oregon, and beats UW, and beats ASU.

He is still the guy that got plungered against Cal and Baylor last year, and has lost to Furd 3 times in 2 years... while UW is 1:1 with Furd.

I give Mora credit for sounding tough in interviews, and telling heartfelt stories about Don James, but that isn't enough.