Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Better, Worse, or Even Offense

2»

Comments

• tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    "Coleman looked pretty good at times." WTF? Was I watching a different Coleman all season?
    Also, the WRs are going to suck and the TEs stay shitty, but somehow the offense improves?
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840

Houhusky said:

Decent chit. I think TE & WR will be better on whole.

I mean it wouldnt be hard to TE to improve since it was basically a non factor all last year but we dont really have anyone new stepping into the role, so any improvement will have to come from scheme change.

I dont see how WR could possibly improve, I think Pettis has pretty much maxed out his abilities and while Ty Jones might be good he isnt going to be Ross good.

Uhhh what? Drew Sample is a beast and White Tight End was a big strength last year. Hopefully the Black Beast is the BTE we wanted Daniels to be.
    Hopefully?

I am about ready to guar-an-damn-tee it. Bryant and Ahmed are two players that will have immediate offensive impact and have the long-term upside to be all-timers.

Physically they both look like third year players already.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited August 2017

Houhusky said:

I mean it wouldnt be hard to TE to improve since it was basically a non factor all last year but we dont really have anyone new stepping into the role, so any improvement will have to come from scheme change.

I dont see how WR could possibly improve, I think Pettis has pretty much maxed out his abilities and while Ty Jones might be good he isnt going to be Ross good.

Uhhh what? Drew Sample is a beast and White Tight End was a big strength last year. Hopefully the Black Beast is the BTE we wanted Daniels to be.
    This is a woosh right...

Sample caught 9 passes and 0TDs all season, In the last 5 games of the season his stat line 3 catches for 27 yards...

USC - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    ASU - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    WSU - 1 Catch 11 yards
    Colorado - 1 Catch 8 Yards
    Alabama - 1 Catch 8 Yards

He is basically used as an extra OL in our scheme

With regards to "Black Beast" want to guess how many receptions the highest True Freshman TE had last year in all of college football?? Quick name those high impact true freshman TEs!!!

There was true freshman TE listed in the top 75 receptions by TEs all last year (#35) Isaac Nauta with 27 catches from Georgia.

Thinking or pretending that true freshman TEs contribute as a receiving threat regularly is really fucking retarded.
    tvoie said:

"Coleman looked pretty good at times." WTF? Was I watching a different Coleman all season?
    Also, the WRs are going to suck and the TEs stay shitty, but somehow the offense improves?

Are your eyes as good as @GrandpaSankey ...?

Coleman was a legit threat last year, he had the second highest rushing yards per attempt in the pac12 and the 9th most yards all while being a backup for Gaskin In an offense that only gave him 114 carries.

Watch some of these runs and tell me he didnt look pretty good at times?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdy-IwtUUU

Or maybe you are saying he looked pretty good at all times...? idk

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

This is a woosh right...

Sample caught 9 passes and 0TDs all season, In the last 5 games of the season his stat line 3 catches for 27 yards...

USC - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    ASU - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    WSU - 1 Catch 11 yards

With regards to "Black Beast" want to guess how many receptions the highest True Freshman TE had last year in all of college football?? Quick name those high impact true freshman TEs!!!

There was true freshman TE listed in the top 75 receptions by TEs all last year (#35) Isaac Nauta with 27 catches from Georgia.

Thinking or pretending that true freshman TEs contribute as a receiving threat regularly is really fucking retarded.

Their job was not to catch passes. It was to block and control the line of scrimmage.

Where this plan falls short is USC and Bama have studs on the DL that are difficult for our 2 star TE's from Montana to overpower.
    Yeah... that is what I said... "The offense will have to figure out how to use the TE as more than just an extra OL."

Drew Sample is a beast at being a glorified lineman... big deal... who the fuck cares
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Our white tight ends are the shit.

Coleman looked like an NFL power back last year.

You've missed a lot and are way out of the loop but I'll let Sven fill you in. Be gentle with him, he's in the last stages of his transition and sometimes he says really doogy things. He's trying.

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Aaannnnddddd?
    If you think that a certain player in the position of Glorified OL playing well is extremely important to the upcoming season then @Swaye is right and we are completely fucked.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2017
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

This is a woosh right...

USC - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    ASU - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    WSU - 1 Catch 11 yards

Their job was not to catch passes. It was to block and control the line of scrimmage.

Where this plan falls short is USC and Bama have studs on the DL that are difficult for our 2 star TE's from Montana to overpower.
    Yeah... that is what I said... "The offense will have to figure out how to use the TE as more than just an extra OL."

Drew Sample is a beast at being a glorified lineman... big deal... who the fuck cares

Who the fuck cares? I care because I want UW to smash the fucking shit out of their opponents and that starts at the line of scrimmage.

Both games we lost we could not establish an early advantage or at least force stalemates (Colorado and Utah had a pretty could DL that held their own in the first half).

In the games we lost, we got beat at the point of attack and therefore completely fucking abandoned the run. I 100% believe UW could've won both of those games with better playcalling. Run Gaskin on 1st, Coleman on second, and either run or pass on 1st down. This would have beaten USC and led to an advantage in the second half if we kept pounding the rock. Instead we ran on 1st for 1-3 yards,

vs Bama this wouldn't have done much, but we sure as hell would've burned more clock, kept Scarborough off the field, and not thrown a game changing fuckup of a pick 6 before halftime.

Run the goddamn ball.
    dnc said:

Our white tight ends are the shit.

Coleman looked like an NFL power back last year.

You've missed a lot and are way out of the loop but I'll let Sven fill you in. Be gentle with him, he's in the last stages of his transition and sometimes he says really doogy things. He's trying.

Your right, Im clearly not picking up on the sarcasm like I used to...

Does this mean the thread where @Tequilla defended slavery on the recruiting board was sarcasm or was everyone shiting all over him for talking about salvery the sarcastic part??? Im so confused...
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    Houhusky said:

tvoie said:

Are your eyes as good as @GrandpaSankey ...?

Coleman was a legit threat last year, he had the second highest rushing yards per attempt in the pac12 and the 9th most yards all while being a backup for Gaskin In an offense that only gave him 114 carries.

Watch some of these runs and tell me he didnt look pretty good at times?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdy-IwtUUU

Or maybe you are saying he looked pretty good at all times...? idk

I meant at all times. Coleman was a beast last year from start to finish.
    edited August 2017

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

This is a woosh right...

USC - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    ASU - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    WSU - 1 Catch 11 yards

Who the fuck cares? I care because I want UW to smash the fucking shit out of their opponents and that starts at the line of scrimmage.

Both games we lost we could not establish an early advantage or at least force stalemates (Colorado and Utah had a pretty could DL that held there own in the first half).

In the games we lost, we got beat at the point of attack and therefore completely fucking abandoned the run. I 100% UW could've won both of those games with better playcalling. Run Gaskin on 1st, Coleman on second, and either run or pass on 1st down. This would have beaten USC and led to an advantage in the second half.

vs Bama this wouldn't have done much, but we sure as hell would've burned more clock, kept Scarborough off the field, and not thrown a game changing fuckup of a pick 6 before halftime.

Run the goddamn ball.
    Or, you know, we could have a TE that could do more than 50% of their job and be capable of running down field and catching a pass or two without tripping over their own shoes...

When you are getting subbed out so Psalm Wooching can do your job in the redzone to try to catch a short yardage TD pass its hard to call you a beast at your position.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

This is a woosh right...

USC - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    ASU - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    WSU - 1 Catch 11 yards

Both games we lost we could not establish an early advantage or at least force stalemates (Colorado and Utah had a pretty could DL that held there own in the first half).

In the games we lost, we got beat at the point of attack and therefore completely fucking abandoned the run. I 100% UW could've won both of those games with better playcalling. Run Gaskin on 1st, Coleman on second, and either run or pass on 1st down. This would have beaten USC and led to an advantage in the second half.

Run the goddamn ball.
    Or, you know, we could have a TE that could do more than 50% of their job and be capable of running down field and catching a pass or two without tripping over their own shoes...

When you are getting subbed out so Psalm Wooching can do your job in the redzone to try to catch a short yardage TD pass its hard to call you a beast at your position.

The TE's are more than capable of doing that, Sample and Ajamu especially.

That was a J Smith "look how clever I am I play defensive players on offense" fucktarded gimmick play, like ASJ on defense.

Sample was a sophomore last year, should be here 2 more years, is one of the strongest players on the team. 90% of the time his role was destroying a Pac 12 defensive end

He will be fine if he is actually emphasized in a passing role.

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

This is a woosh right...

USC - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    ASU - 0 Catches 0 Yards
    WSU - 1 Catch 11 yards

Run the goddamn ball.

The TE's are more than capable of doing that, Sample and Ajamu especially.

That was a J Smith "look how clever I am I play defensive players on offense" fucktarded gimmick play, like ASJ on defense.

Sample was a sophomore last year, should be here 2 more years, is one of the strongest players on the team. 90% of the time his role was destroying a Pac 12 defensive end

He will be fine if he is actually emphasized in a passing role.
    IF he is as good as you say then he is wasted in our scheme and system (entirely possible given Smith) and his abilities are irrelevant to UW's success anyways because he will never be utilized to his full potentional...

Guess we'll find out soon enough if he is both an absolute athletic beast at TE AND we change our scheme to utilize him... Given the track record... I doubt it....
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    Houhusky said:

The main handicap for the offense is still going to be Jonathan Smith.

Good stuff.

I think people keep forgetting that Smith has been demoted from OC to co-OC.

I think that is a step in the right direction for our offense.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325