Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Will you let your kids play football?

13»

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    Yes
    What's life without a little football?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes
    I would have let him. He just didn't. Puss.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Yes
    With what I know now of the game having played for seven years and coached another 15 is yes and no.

I was psychotic about football as a kid. I would line all of my action figures up and play 11 vs 11. If either of my kids show a real interest then I would be all for them playing, but if they aren't into it and just want to play because I spend more time coaching a stranger's kid than hanging out with them then I would be against it. The potential physical and mental harm both short and long term isn't worth it if you don't care.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

With what I know now of the game having played for seven years and coached another 15 is yes and no.

I was psychotic about football as a kid. I would line all of my action figures up and play 11 vs 11. If either of my kids show a real interest then I would be all for them playing, but if they aren't into it and just want to play because I spend more time coaching a stranger's kid than hanging out with them then I would be against it. The potential physical and mental harm both short and long term isn't worth it if you don't care.

Christ!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    Yes
    Mosster47 said:

Good Lord. Force your kids to play sports until at least high school.