Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Josh Rosen slams SEC Academis

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

What he says is basically true, except I'm not sure about the 'some schools are harder than others' quote. I think that applies to a small handful, Furd and ND being two. Furd, because literally every single one of your classmates is certifiably brilliant, and ND because they make everyone take a year of calculus, and doing that in HS sets you apart from the average dumb shit, and doing it in college is tuff.

The academies, blah blah blah, but I don't believe that Clempsun is markedly 'easier' on D1 fb players than UCLA. Fuck off Josh.

Calculus sounds hard. I say with pride that I received a college degree w/o having taken a single mathematics course. But this is probably why I'm poor and have to commute home on Aurora.
    Do you so happen to live near the 7-11 ... the one near the U District?

Axing for a fren.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

What he says is basically true, except I'm not sure about the 'some schools are harder than others' quote. I think that applies to a small handful, Furd and ND being two. Furd, because literally every single one of your classmates is certifiably brilliant, and ND because they make everyone take a year of calculus, and doing that in HS sets you apart from the average dumb shit, and doing it in college is tuff.

The academies, blah blah blah, but I don't believe that Clempsun is markedly 'easier' on D1 fb players than UCLA. Fuck off Josh.

Calculus sounds hard. I say with pride that I received a college degree w/o having taken a single mathematics course. But this is probably why I'm poor and have to commute home on Aurora.
    Do you so happen to live near the 7-11 ... the one near the U District?

Axing for a fren.
    I am conveniently located just a couple miles from either the 7-11 on 12th Ave in the U District or there's also a nice 7-11 off Aurora which is not in the U District.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    When you suck at football, you play the academis card.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

AZDuck said:

academis academis academis are important!!1!!11!

which one has the bigger schnoz?

Apparently she was a U of A student too..

Not many Jews in Tucson, from what I remember.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

better pics of birdnose:

you can stock her instagram here (before anyone sez anything about the damn rules, she put it out there publically ya'll) - not citrus

I don't get the picture. I like it but I'm not sure what its saying... like that's 50% which ain't too shabby...
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

AZDuck said:

hopefully not marco brewer situation
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Stanford severely lowers it's standards for admission as compared to the GSB.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

A funny story. I coached against Kadeem Carey for a couple years when he was at CDO. The kid was unreal, he looked like a fucking horse in human form. Hell, he might have even gotten on the field at Central Washington...

Anyways he wanted to go to Oregon really badly. His GPA was awful, his SAT scores were impossibly low. Arizona has the only Resource College in the Pac-12. So, his parents got him diagnosed with a "learning disability" and he got into UA's handicapped program, met the requirements (there were none) and passed the NCAA Clearinghouse because of it. Now he plays for the Bears and makes seven figures.

Went to college for three years, left with zero credits. Why Arizona doesn't use that more is beyond me.
    The Harvard of the west.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

hopefully not marco brewer situation
    Disagree
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited August 2017
    salemcoog said:

*its

and, no shit.

but, even for football, their standards are significantly harder than any in D1 save for the Ivy League, which is a much different category of D1, and the academies and Duke.

nobody gets into Stanford, under any circumstances, at or near the NCAA minimum standards.

and the FB players make up a small % of the overall student population, the other athletes have to meet much higher standards, and Stanford doesn't have jock-friendly tracks for the dummies to take classes among only, or mostly, their peer dummies.

so, the point is, at Stanford you will have to swim in classes with multitudes of kids who popped a 34 or better on the ACT and who had real rigor in HS and are thus ready to be there.

a fren's son was a bb player there and, even with a private east side education under his belt, he had to repeat a few courses. it's not a place for academic light weights.

Cal? UCLA? North Carolina? U Va.? Michigan? Yeah, you can hide at those places. There are ways. It's a bit tougher to do at Stanford. You need to be able to do actual college-level work just to get by. If you want to excel, you need to have shit really together.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

salemcoog said:

*its

and, no shit.

but, even for football, their standards are significantly harder than any in D1 save for the Ivy League, which is a much different category of D1, and the academies and Duke.

nobody gets into Stanford, under any circumstances, at or near the NCAA minimum standards.

and the FB players make up a small % of the overall student population, the other athletes have to meet much higher standards, and Stanford doesn't have jock-friendly tracks for the dummies to take classes among only, or mostly, their peer dummies.

so, the point is, at Stanford you will have to swim in classes with multitudes of kids who popped a 34 or better on the ACT and who had real rigor in HS and are thus ready to be there.

a fren's son was a bb player there and, even with a private east side education under his belt, he had to repeat a few courses. it's not a place for academic light weights.

Cal? UCLA? North Carolina? U Va.? Michigan? Yeah, you can hide at those places. There are ways. It's a bit tougher to do at Stanford. You need to be able to do actual college-level work just to get by. If you want to excel, you need to have shit really together.
    sort of true. Used to be a lotta grade inflation on the Farm, and you used to be able to drop a class on the right up until the week before finals. But yeah, it's harder than hell to get in there.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606

salemcoog said:

*its

and, no shit.

What the fuck is an act
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Disgusting
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Our mayor's name is Rothschild. We're representing.