Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cavs are done

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Kyrie sick of playing with LeBron, axe for trade.

LeBron to Lakers 2018 confirmed.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would still keep Kyrie. Trade him once LeBron leaves.
  • Options
    There's no way they trade Kyrie and get better. The question is how well will Kyrie play if he's pissed about being there.

I can see an argument for keeping him, but if they do they should still keep him after LeBron leaves. Unless you're saying trade him for draft picks after LeBron leaves.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,377
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did CNN report this?

Irving is a key part of the Cavs. If they trade him Lebron goes too

Suck it up
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Weird situation. He hates Lebron but everyone thinks Lebron is leaving so he demands a trade? Doesnt add up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs leaked this and exaggerated the doesn't want to play with Lebron part.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Weird situation. He hates Lebron but everyone thinks Lebron is leaving so he demands a trade? Doesnt add up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs leaked this and exaggerated the doesn't want to play with Lebron part.

Possible because Cleveland knows James is gone next year anyway

Cleveland has more to gain by blowing it up than Irving. Irving's value is what it is because he played with James
  • Options
    Trade Kyrie to the Lakers for Ball and Ingram. Lakers would have to add salary but they've got a few bad contracts. Cavs take a step back this year but can sell Lebron on the future and oh yeah they block the Lakers from getting Lebron next year. The Lakers would have to feel really good about signing Lebron to turn that down so if they turn it down just trade Lebron and let Kyrie have the team.

I should be a GM.
  • Options

Trade Kyrie to the Lakers for Ball and Ingram. Lakers would have to add salary but they've got a few bad contracts. Cavs take a step back this year but can sell Lebron on the future and oh yeah they block the Lakers from getting Lebron next year. The Lakers would have to feel really good about signing Lebron to turn that down so if they turn it down just trade Lebron and let Kyrie have the team.

I should be a GM.

That's more than I'd give up for Irving, even without the LeBron possibilities.

That would be a terrible move for Magic.
  • Options
    You would be the GM I rip off and everybody laughs at.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Irving is somewhat injury prone and he's not really a PG. He's a very good player, but he's a dumbass for wanting to leave LeBron.

He could average 30, but he will never be the #1 guy from a true contender.

Never underestimate a premadonna athletes ability to be epically fucking stupid.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    dnc said:

I should be a GM.

But Levar Ball and Lebron in the same city for even a year - hilarity ensues.

Nothing different than a normal AAU tournament weekend in Seattle but still.

• Options

dnc said:

I should be a GM.

But Levar Ball and Lebron in the same city for even a year - hilarity ensues.

Nothing different than a normal AAU tournament weekend in Seattle but still.

They're gonna be in LA together for a lot longer than that
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Kylie's asking to get out because LBJ is 100% leaving and we know that when LBJ leaves a city he usually goes out with a whimper ...

Kyrie's trying to get out before the ship sinks ... can't blame him for that ...

Whether he thinks LBJ is a douche or not doesn't matter ... this is all about knowing that the Cavs aren't winning shit this year and looking out for his interests
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Irving is somewhat injury prone and he's not really a PG. He's a very good player, but he's a dumbass for wanting to leave LeBron.

He could average 30, but he will never be the #1 guy from a true contender.

Never underestimate a premadonna athletes ability to be epically fucking stupid.

The flat Earth guy does something stupid? No way!
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Kylie's asking to get out because LBJ is 100% leaving and we know that when LBJ leaves a city he usually goes out with a whimper ...

Kyrie's trying to get out before the ship sinks ... can't blame him for that ...

Whether he thinks LBJ is a douche or not doesn't matter ... this is all about knowing that the Cavs aren't winning shit this year and looking out for his interests

If the Cavs had any sense they would trade Bron and Kyrie for a Danny Ainge number of first round picks.

Both will leave for nothing in return soon.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It makes sense why Kyrie wants to leave. He is just in a shitty situation after this year when Lebron leaves and doesn't want to be stuck in a Jamesless Cleveland.

I just don't know what team has the assets that Cleveland would want for him. Boston maybe? IT/Crowder + draft picks?

I think him and Porzingis in NY would be an interesting dynamic/core to build around that could do some damage after the Lebron/Warriors era. Then again it's still the fucking Knicks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

He leaves after losing the finals. hardly a wimper. They will go to the finals again this year. With Kyrie they may even win
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So apparently Lebron wants to SMASH Kyrie's face in!!!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

So apparently Lebron wants to SMASH Kyrie's face in!!!

One thing I've always hated about LeBron is that he loves drama. I don't know whether that's because of him, the Kardashian blueprint of keeping your name in the news, or the hot take mentality of the media, but it's always something.