Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

RIP Chester Bennington

13»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Everyone wouldn't stop playing shitty linkin park music all over Portland yesterday. This whole city is a bunch of bleeding heart losers.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    I used to think grunge was cool and look up to some of the singers. Now I see them for what they really were - a bunch of selfish, suicidal, weak minded crybabies that took themselves too seriously. 80's butt rock artists >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tuffer than these pussy grunge gimps ever got to be.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited July 2017
    Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

One of my dads took me to buy hybrid theory at best buy. Then when I put it on in the car he said what is this bloody shit?! And turned it off.

It was rough times growing up in my hood.

Mosster, true?!?
    I was in high school when that album came out and in a band. Our drummer brought that CD to practice one day and said they were going to be a huge band. I disagreed.

I saw them at Texas Stadium the day In the End hit #1. They were solid, but in no way someone to remember.

311 is and will always be the only Rap/Rock band worthy of the HoF. To be HoF material you have to have a sex symbol (Hexum) and a generational talent as a member (Chad Sexton).
    311 is not going into the R&R HOF. Mosster STOp.
    Text me when The Lovin' Spoonfuls get in. Oh they already did?

Your move.
    You can't point at the shittiest band in the HOF and assume any bad better than them is going to get in.

Plus they are easily five times more iconic than 311.

311 will not go into the R&RHOF. Get all the screenshots you need.
    A band with one hit song during an era when shit bands had entire albums full of gold are iconic?

The Lovin' Spoonfuls are iconic? Quit digging.
    I didn't say they were iconic genius, I said they're five times more iconic than 311. It's Sark > Ty. That's the point. You rightly feel TLS isn't HOF worthy. If you feel that then 311 doesn't warrant consideration.

BTW, which one is their "one hit song" to you, I Believe In Magic, Summer In The City, What A Day For A Daydream, You Didn't Have To Be So Nice, or Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?

TLS also got major points for being the fucking Grateful Dead's biggest inspiration (#FreeHarv!).

You don't like them that's fine. Not my favorite of their era either. I wouldn't put them in the Hall.

But they're massively bigger than fucking 311. Who legitimately have just two hits that anyone will remember, and that's being generous to include Down.

Quit digging indeed.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

I used to think grunge was cool and look up to some of the singers. Now I see them for what they really were - a bunch of selfish, suicidal, weak minded crybabies that took themselves too seriously. 80's butt rock artists >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tuffer than these pussy grunge gimps ever got to be.

You looked up to dirty rock singers ?

lol

What a fucking goat.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

One of my dads took me to buy hybrid theory at best buy. Then when I put it on in the car he said what is this bloody shit?! And turned it off.

Mosster, true?!?
    I was in high school when that album came out and in a band. Our drummer brought that CD to practice one day and said they were going to be a huge band. I disagreed.

I saw them at Texas Stadium the day In the End hit #1. They were solid, but in no way someone to remember.

311 is and will always be the only Rap/Rock band worthy of the HoF. To be HoF material you have to have a sex symbol (Hexum) and a generational talent as a member (Chad Sexton).

Your move.
    You can't point at the shittiest band in the HOF and assume any bad better than them is going to get in.

A band with one hit song during an era when shit bands had entire albums full of gold are iconic?

I didn't say they were iconic genius, I said they're five times more iconic than 311. It's Sark > Ty. That's the point. You rightly feel TLS isn't HOF worthy. If you feel that then 311 doesn't warrant consideration.

BTW, which one is their "one hit song" to you, I Believe In Magic, Summer In The City, What A Day For A Daydream, You Didn't Have To Be So Nice, or Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?

TLS also got major points for being the fucking Grateful Dead's biggest inspiration (#FreeHarv!).

You don't like them that's fine. Not my favorite of their era either. I wouldn't put them in the Hall.

But they're massively bigger than fucking 311. Who legitimately have just two hits that anyone will remember, and that's being generous to include Down.

Quit digging indeed.
    I've never heard of them. So they can't be that iconic.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster, true?!?

Your move.

Quit digging indeed.
    HRYK.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster, true?!?

Agreed and I like 311
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster, true?!?

Agreed and I like 311
    So do I
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    311 is advance stage AIDS