Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Think of the funniest comedian you know...

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2017
    dnc said:

1. Norm MacDonald
    2. George Carlin
    3. Demetri Martin
    4. Mitch Hedberg
    5. Doug Stanhope
    6. Louis CK
    7. Red Fox
    8. Bill Cosby
    9. Anthony Jeselnik
    10. Dane Cook

Don Rickles was funnier than at least 7 of those.

You hockey puck.

Richard Prior, Eddie Murphy, Chappelle, Chris Rock. All funnier than the cross-out whiteys.

Fuck Carlos Mencia and Fluffy Inglesias are funnier than the cross-out whiteys.

It's clear you hate Jews, Blacks and Messicans.

George Carlin is the only funny white person. Ever.

Though I do love me some fat Ralphie May.

amiright, @Swaye
    With you other than Mencia. Hedburg and Martin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mencia.
    OK - fuck it. Substitute Freddie Prinze. I was just looking for a funny ass beaner to offset the shit white guys. Including Hedburg.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

1. Norm MacDonald
    2. George Carlin
    3. Demetri Martin
    4. Mitch Hedberg
    5. Doug Stanhope
    6. Louis CK
    7. Red Fox
    8. Bill Cosby
    9. Anthony Jeselnik
    10. Dane Cook

You hockey puck.

Richard Prior, Eddie Murphy, Chappelle, Chris Rock. All funnier than the cross-out whiteys.

amiright, @Swaye
    With you other than Mencia. Hedburg and Martin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mencia.
    OK - fuck it. Substitute Freddie Prinze. I was just looking for a funny ass beaner to offset the shit white guys. Including Hedburg.

Carlos Mencia is the wetback Dane Cook. Overrated mass consumed generic rip-off artists.

Fuck em both.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,866
    Standard Supporter
    I give comedians a pass on "joke stealing", unless it's word for word. Dane Cook doesn't have any violations in that regard. Even Louis CK admitted he didn't feel like Cook ripped off his material. It's a lot like music...the same ideas pop around, and things seep into your head.

Also, let's say Cook has 15 hours of material...people have found about 15 minutes worth of stuff that sounds somewhat similar to other comedians. So 99% of his material is original. Not bad, IMO. None of his supposed plagiarized material was any of his best stuff anyway.

• Options

I give comedians a pass on "joke stealing", unless it's word for word. Dane Cook doesn't have any violations in that regard. Even Louis CK admitted he didn't feel like Cook ripped off his material. It's a lot like music...the same ideas pop around, and things seep into your head.

Also, let's say Cook has 15 hours of material...people have found about 15 minutes worth of stuff that sounds somewhat similar to other comedians. So 99% of his material is original. Not bad, IMO. None of his supposed plagiarized material was any of his best stuff anyway.

IMO, word for word is the only way to plagiarism someone's shit, fucko.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

1. Norm MacDonald
    2. George Carlin
    3. Demetri Martin
    4. Mitch Hedberg
    5. Doug Stanhope
    6. Louis CK
    7. Red Fox
    8. Bill Cosby
    9. Anthony Jeselnik
    10. Dane Cook

You hockey puck.

amiright, @Swaye
    Rickles, Carlin, CK, Kinison. The only funny white guys fucking ever.
    That's a good list. People forget about Sam Kinison. Hell the Diceman was funny when he first came out. For a closet fag anyway.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Man

Tosh is a good mention.

Can't include everyone in my top-10 list. Lots of splitting hairs due to some many great comedians. But some good mentions.

Richard Pryor is way overrated, and I don't think I've ever laughed at anything Eddie Murphy has ever said. Chris Rock had some decent stuff. His voice is great for comedy, but his wit was a bit lacking. Chappelle's TV show was funny, but his stand-up doesn't do it for me. Red Fox was the funniest black comedian ever, and his act was way ahead of it's time.

Dane Cook continues to get unwarranted hate. He's like the "Friends" of stand-up. High quality stuff, extremely popular, yet everyone claims to hate him.

Iglesias and Mencia are terrible.

I like you. But this is the dumbest shit you've ever said. Except the Red Fox stuff. He was funny as fuck.

Peak Pryor and Peak Murphy are so far above anything Cook has ever or will ever even think of it's almost amusing.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I suppose next ya'll are gonna tell me you don't even listen to the same music as me. WTF is wrong with this board?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Tosh is a good mention.

Can't include everyone in my top-10 list. Lots of splitting hairs due to some many great comedians. But some good mentions.

Richard Pryor is way overrated, and I don't think I've ever laughed at anything Eddie Murphy has ever said. Chris Rock had some decent stuff. His voice is great for comedy, but his wit was a bit lacking. Chappelle's TV show was funny, but his stand-up doesn't do it for me. Red Fox was the funniest black comedian ever, and his act was way ahead of it's time.

Dane Cook continues to get unwarranted hate. He's like the "Friends" of stand-up. High quality stuff, extremely popular, yet everyone claims to hate him.

I like you. But this is the dumbest shit you've ever said. Except the Red Fox stuff. He was funny as fuck.

Peak Pryor and Peak Murphy are so far above anything Cook has ever or will ever even think of it's almost amusing.
    Upvoted for saying you like me.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I damn near forgot about Sam Kinison. That motherfucker was funnier than shit. RIP.

Kinison doesn't hold up very well. He holds up better than Dice, but that's not saying much.

Tosh is a good mention.

I don't hate Cook, but he's not close to top 10. He's okay. "Friends" was an awful show.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Man
    Amazed that Steven Wright hasn't got a mention yet. He's the only comic I've evar spent money to see, and he was wurth evary penny
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Who am I to presume to know @puppylove_sugarsteel's gender identity?

1 hour and 53 minutes
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    No Doug Stanhope mention? Jesus
  • Options

No Doug Stanhope mention? Jesus

Fenderbender mentioned him
  • Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Man
    AZDuck said:
    This. Can't believe I forgot him. Funny as shit, and inspired a fucking Tool album.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Man
    Lot of great choices here but I'd hard pressed to think of a human that ever lived who was funnier than Williams. He was a fucking lunatic.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4