Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pete's taste in music does not suck

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,941 Founders Club

PBS had a show on how when radio burst on the scene in the 20's the record companies went on the road to record local acts and sell them the records. As @YellowSnow points out those hillbillies invented the country music genre and the Blacks recorded their blues which all became rock and rolla.

The Carter family were among the acts recorded.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

CCR is garbage for white trash people who like rock n roll but sympathize with country music.

I should know. I'm from Kent.

Also, one of Kurt Cobain's favorites.

No country music, then no rock and roll, and then no Styx. Show a little respect will ya. Rock and roll was birthed by white hillbillies who fused their love of country and blues back when cultural appropriation wasn't a faux pas.
    Chuck Berry was white.

Staff!!!! True????
    Chuck Barris was white.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,941 Founders Club
    edited July 2017
    dnc said:

CCR is garbage for white trash people who like rock n roll but sympathize with country music.

I should know. I'm from Kent.

Also, one of Kurt Cobain's favorites.

No country music, then no rock and roll, and then no Styx. Show a little respect will ya. Rock and roll was birthed by white hillbillies who fused their love of country and blues back when cultural appropriation wasn't a faux pas.
    Chuck Berry was white.

Staff!!!! True????
    Nope. But he borrowed just as much from country as white boys like Elvis, Bill Hailey, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee did from blues and R&B.

"Maybellene" is one of the first rock-and-roll songs. It was written and recorded in 1955 by Chuck Berry, and inspired/adapted from the Western Swing fiddle tune "Ida Red," which was recorded in 1938 by Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys. Berry's song tells the story of a hot rod race and a broken romance. It was released in July, 1955 as a single by Chess Records, of Chicago, Illinois.[2] It was Berry's first single and his first hit. "Maybellene" is considered one of the pioneering rock-and-roll songs: Rolling Stone magazine wrote, "Rock & roll guitar starts here."[3]
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

Oh lord, stuck in Lodi again

On a trip to Disneyland mid 60's we pulled the family wagon into a motel in Lodi the gold fields in the late 1840's we pulled the covered wagon into Sutter's Fort for the night.

YBFE
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

PBS had a show on how when radio burst on the scene in the 20's the record companies went on the road to record local acts and sell them the records. As @YellowSnow points out those hillbillies invented the country music genre and the Blacks recorded their blues which all became rock and rolla.

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meCZ5hWNRFU
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Fuck...Yellowsnow beat me to it.