Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pete's taste in music does not suck

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,941 Founders Club
According to this source, Pete's favorite band is CCR, which was the quintessential, hard working, blue collar, lunch pail, OKG American rock group of the late 60's / early 70's. Much respect.

CCR is Petersen's favorite band, and this song about a man born without the luxury of a silver spoon in his mouth probably speaks to the coach who battled against Power 5 schools for more than a decade at Boise State.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20095448/best-walk-song-top-25-coach

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Oh lord, stuck in Lodi again

On a trip to Disneyland mid 60's we pulled the family wagon into a motel in Lodi for the night.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,941 Founders Club

Oh lord, stuck in Lodi again

On a trip to Disneyland mid 60's we pulled the family wagon into a motel in Lodi for the night.

Geographically the choice makes sense, being that Pete was a Davis guy and Lodi's just down the road.

It doesn't get any more old, rich and white than CCR Steely Dan.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Whooshed?
    ...we've decided to help out the coaches of each Top 25 program by picking a song that would get all of them fired up for anything from a long string of repetitive preseason questions to an actual game-day kickoff.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Whooshed?
    ...we've decided to help out the coaches of each Top 25 program by picking a song that would get all of them fired up for anything from a long string of repetitive preseason questions to an actual game-day kickoff.

They're saying since CCR is legitimately his favorite band they picked that song for his walkup muzak.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Whooshed?

They're saying since CCR is legitimately his favorite band they picked that song for his walkup muzak.
    Yeah, but still.

Whooshed?

I gave myself a plausible out in terms of getting whooshed- i.e., "According to this source, Pete's favorite band is CCR". Either way, I'm good.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    CCR is garbage for white trash people who like rock n roll but sympathize with country music.

I should know. I'm from Kent.

Also, one of Kurt Cobain's favorites.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

Whoa..whoa...whoa...If you are going to bash Yacht Rock, fuck that.

7-11 U-District on Aurora. 10 minutes. Maybe 15 with traffic.

Whoa..whoa...whoa...If you are going to bash Yacht Rock, fuck that.

7-11 U-District on Aurora. 10 minutes. Maybe 15 with traffic.

No need for fisticuffs, Throbber. I sail on a 37 foot yacht once a week in the summer and love Steely Dan.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

CCR is garbage for white trash people who like rock n roll but sympathize with country music.

Still better than Styx!
    Fucking Dennis. The cancer drugs and butt sex won.

No country music, then no rock and roll, and then no Styx. Show a little respect will ya. Rock and roll was birthed by white hillbillies who fused their love of country and blues back when cultural appropriation wasn't a faux pas.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    PBS had a show on how when radio burst on the scene in the 20's the record companies went on the road to record local acts and sell them the records. As @YellowSnow points out those hillbillies invented the country music genre and the Blacks recorded their blues which all became rock and rolla.

The Carter family were among the acts recorded.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

No country music, then no rock and roll, and then no Styx. Show a little respect will ya. Rock and roll was birthed by white hillbillies who fused their love of country and blues back when cultural appropriation wasn't a faux pas.
    Chuck Berry was white.

Staff!!!! True????