Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Game Theory: Climate Change Edition

13»

Comments

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    2001400ex said:

99.9999 percent of people just don't give a fuck about climate change.

That won't change anytime soon.
    So trying to freak everybody out with transparent bullshit doesn't help.

Let our grandchildren deal with it if it's so bad.

The human race will die out due to cold climate anyway.

Link?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,664 Standard Supporter

Agreed about the 99.9999 percent. Problem is you have decent chunk of people like Hondo who don't care but love to scream "WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!!" while doing very environmental friendly things like riding faggy ATVs.
    The three wheelers are for sure faggy.

Would have to see the accessories to determine if a specific model is faggy. Snow plow, gun rack ---not faggy. Ledge to bungee cord on a mini-cooler, totally faggy.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Agreed about the 99.9999 percent. Problem is you have decent chunk of people like Hondo who don't care but love to scream "WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!!" while doing very environmental friendly things like riding faggy ATVs.
    No.... The point is. We can make meaningful changes that have very little effect. And if everyone who studies the climate for a living is wrong, then the worst case is we paid 18 cents more a year for electricity.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    2001400ex said:

No.... The point is. We can make meaningful changes that have very little effect. And if everyone who studies the climate for a living is wrong, then the worst case is we paid 18 cents more a year for electricity.
    So Hondo what changes are you making that are "meaningful"
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    2001400ex said:

Link?
    RedRocket said:

2001400ex said:

Link?
    photo 813GKSgCRHL._SL1500__zpse0q8th82.jpg
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Answer the fucking question Hondo
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because this fucking thread gave me cancer anyway.
    AZDuck said:

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because this fucking thread gave me cancer anyway.

Weird, I thought this thread gave you AIDS.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,216 Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:

There is so much wrong with the assumptions not sure where to start. Let's apply the same logic and Bruce Willis it. The planet has actually been hit by an asteroid before and destroyed most life on it...there is precedent for it.

If the threat is fake and we do nothing, we are fine.

If the threat is fake and we do something, we waste some money.

If the threat is real and we do nothing, humanity is in serious trouble.

If the threat is real and we do something, we give ourselves a chance.

Regardless of your beliefs it seems like trying to fix something is the preferable outcome. So we should be sinking a ton of money into spaceship, telescopes, space stations, etc.

You can make that logic game theory and always come out with the answer that you should spend a ton of money fixing any and every problem somebody might maybe be worried about just in case...the only problem is, nobody has a ton of money sitting around.

So let's just do nothing then.
    The trouble with you smug, progressive fascists is that you can easily change your behavior to fit your conviction dejour but, you don't. Instead you spend all this time and energy trying to get others to force me to change my behavior.
    USA is the cleanest country. How about the other cheap fucks catch up?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited July 2017
    AZDuck said:

Thanks Tom.

And @dflea, you should read this.

It's a cautionary tale of how quitters never win.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

Thanks Tom.

And @dflea, you should read this.

It's a cautionary tale of how quitters never win.
    I don't have any desire to see any fucking grandkids. I quit to save money on insurance. And because I'm not a pussy that needs a chew or cigarette.

I'd tell you to give it a try but I already know you're a huge pussy that can't get by without your smokes.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club

I'm outside a bar, smoking a couple months ago. An LA liberal, save the world type was passing out flyers for an Environmental Protest.

He asked me what I was doing on Saturday. I said I had no plans. He asked if I was interested in coming to the march to learn more. I said no. He said I was kind of an asshole. I shrugged. Cool story.

Men don't handle rejection very well
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

I'm outside a bar, smoking a couple months ago. An LA liberal, save the world type was passing out flyers for an Environmental Protest.

He asked me what I was doing on Saturday. I said I had no plans. He asked if I was interested in coming to the march to learn more. I said no. He said I was kind of an asshole. I shrugged. Cool story.

Reminds me of the South Park whole foods donation guy

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/lit77f/nothing-for-hungry-kids
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club

I was asked at the check out line if I wanted to help sick kids and I said let them die.

Man, folks don't have much of a sense of humor these days

I was asked at the check out line if I wanted to help sick kids and I said let them die.

Man, folks don't have much of a sense of humor these days
    Try talking about bombs at the airport.