Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Geirean Hatchett, 5* 2020 OL, Ferndale, WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Who would like to join me in napalming Husky Stadium if we don't get this kid?

I'm in ... but I'm all outta napalm so someone is gonna have to lend me some.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,929
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I’m shocked to be honest that for all the death threats, threats to hurtself and others, etc, etc, etc; HH has somehow managed to stay off of the government watch list... or so we think 🤔
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

I’m shocked to be honest that for all the death threats, threats to hurtself and others, etc, etc, etc; HH has somehow managed to stay off of the government watch list... or so we think 🤔
    @NSA_Dawg true??
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

RDR said:

LOL

Genuinely looks like Softy with a mustache in this pic.
    Softy does make that face, but c’mon. They look nothing alike.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    he's been photographed in more uniforms than the model for Jersey City
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2018
    Domicillo said:

"I don't have any other visits planned other than I think I will most likely go down to Washington this coming weekend." said Hatchett.

I think he takes an unofficial visit every free weekend he has and like half of them have been to UW.

Kid is enjoying the process and he’s got access to take a ton of unofficials so good for him. Hopefully we can parlay that into an early commitment, late spring after he’s taken officials, instead of dragging this out until December.
    As we continue to level up in recruiting, dragging things out to December and even February is going to be the norm so get used to these awful couple months.

Even if he did commit early it’s not like coaches are going to respect that commitment anyways and UDUB will have to continue to recruit even during a commitment especially without having any bagmen. As awesome as this leveling up shit is, it’s exremely stressful and I don’t think I’m going to survive next year. If you guys think Kyle Ford and Stephon Wright are gonna be the death of me just wait till Savell and Johnny Wilson.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

RDR said:

LOL

RDR said:

LOL

ironic
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    http://youtu.be/Qh5q3n0sStE

Yikes.
    a lot of his film is just holding too. He’s not very good right now. But he’s still a can’t miss...

• Options
    MotownMotown Member Posts: 144
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    One thing I've noticed with guys like buelow, and kelepo. They got physical projection but a lot of these ol type guys literally just stop their feet when their upper bodies make contact especially in these all star type competitions. Our prospects look really underwhelming as football players.

When I listen to (admitted) tsio podcast I'm learning to understand ol recruiting weighs heavily on the tools .

Hell, wsu has been able to "coach up" some of their line man just to stay in front.

Look for the length and light feet and ankles flexibility? For ol upside it seems
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Motown said:

One thing I've noticed with guys like buelow, and kelepo. They got physical projection but a lot of these ol type guys literally just stop their feet when their upper bodies make contact especially in these all star type competitions. Our prospects look really underwhelming as football players.

When I listen to (admitted) tsio podcast I'm learning to understand ol recruiting weighs heavily on the tools .

Hell, wsu has been able to "coach up" some of their line man just to stay in front.

Look for the length and light feet and ankles flexibility? For ol upside it seems

Dude Kalepo and Buelow are like 6”6 and 6”8.

Hatchett is probably 6”3 at best 6”4...a guy like that has to be a mover.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Motown said:

I dunno man, Cristobal started at RT for the U on an undefeated team. I can't imagine he's any shorter than 6'3", and Hatchett has him by a couple of inches easily.

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Motown said:

I can't find the article but I remember he measured in at 6'4 at one of the summer camps.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Motown said:

I can't find the article but I remember he measured in at 6'4 at one of the summer camps.
    I stood directly next to him at a game where he was on an unofficial. He's 6'4 and probably 280. Also looked grown as fuck as a sophomore.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Motown said:

I dunno man, Cristobal started at RT for the U on an undefeated team. I can't imagine he's any shorter than 6'3", and Hatchett has him by a couple of inches easily.

It really doesn’t fucking matter if he’s 6’3 or 6’4. They’re the same on the field.

What matters is chest size, shoulder to shoulder frame when looking at how much more mass they can put on. The last part of mass but the most important thing to first look at is the size & flexibility of their legs currently and projecting what it will look like physically maxed out by studying the ratio between the size of their legs now the ratio of quickness, explosive burst, and the coordination/light enough feet to where they can change direction or hip leverage while maintaining a base with feet motoring. Then project that same ratio to what it looks like fully maxed out by watching high school film of the best OL.

The good thing Hatchett has going for him is that he doesn’t need to be the tallest or the quickest & he has a frame similar to Quenton Nelson. But to be that elite 1st Team All PAC-12 player you look for out of a fringe 5 star, he needs to lighten up those feet big time and gain hip fluidity. You can say that about literally every single HS player. Some are just more natural than others and it’s hard to tell which ones are blessed with it, which ones have some of it but get the light come on the quicker than others, and which ones don’t have it and look like they could but just never can quite get it all together at an elite level. He’s just a lot further away (by quite a bit I’d say) than some would expect out of someone with so much hype but he has the least ground to cover to be elite at his position just based off the game of football.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

Swaye said:

I'm in ... but I'm all outta napalm so someone is gonna have to lend me some.
    When I was younger, they kept napalm at the airport to start slash fires with.

We never got into it to see what kind of shit you could do with it though, because we weren't trouble makers.