Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeremiah Criddell, 2019 4* DB, Rancho Cucamonga (HS), CA (Offered 7/14)

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BlastDoor said:

Meek said:

BlastDoor said:

Angulo crystaballed him to UW a couple of days ago. He's 100%.

obviously 100% UW

he gone
    whoosh? that's not him.
    hahaha not a whoosh on purpose. i just fling the tweets around like a farmer flings pig shit.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I can’t tell for sure because it’s a “VIP” pick (fucking gay...), but I think Steve Wiltfong CB’d him to us? today.

Just fucking commit already fucko
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2018
    JECAR said:

I can’t tell for sure because it’s a “VIP” pick (fucking gay...), but I think Steve Wiltfong CB’d him to us? today.

Just fucking commit already fucko

Yeah if you look at the percentages all the VIP CB's have to be UW, I think
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    He CB'ed him to UW, but if he doesn't commit this Spring he'll end up at USC.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

What makes you say this?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    dnc said:

What makes you say this?
    Because he transferred to Mater Dei.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

awfully warm for february
  • Options

dnc said:

What makes you say this?
    Because he transferred to Mater Dei.
    Yeah that does suck.

OTOH, maybe he becomes to Mater Dei what Tuli is at DLS.

Somebody has to be first.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

You're exhausting
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    BallzDeep said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

This is true. The out-of-state recruits that are open about UW being their favorite early but decide to take their sweet ass time making a decision almost never sign with us.
    Up until the most recent class I'd agree... 2017 was the worst for that. But there are several guys in the 2018 class that flipped the script: Tuli, Irvin, Kaho, Taimani. All those guys loved UW early, drifted away and fell in love with other schools in the summer/fall, but ended up here.
    But with the addition of the early Spring and Summer official visits there is now no reason for these kids that favor UW early to not commit before the season and sign early so if they don't I expect them to sign elsewhere as they usually have historically.
    Punctuation is overrated tbh.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doesn't Bru McCoy go to Mater Dei? ... Just sayin' ...

• Options

I'm not really into this 'last year changes everything' narrative.

There are some things that clearly changed, but we didn't start beating USC for top 100 players at Mater Dei. And De La Salle is not nearly a USC stronghold.

Everyone good from Mater Dei goes to USC (Troojes didn't offer Tommy Brown or Chris Murray).

Everyone.gif

That's a lot different than us getting kids that weren't top priorities for USC to come to UW. The common thread with Tuli, Irvin and Kaho was at various points they all weren't at the top of the list for USC and when they felt unloved we were there as Mr. Steal Your Girl.

With Criddell we are going head up for a top-100 player at a school where no kids ever go anywhere but USC if they have USC offers. Bru is going there, Mase Funa is going there, Sean Dollars will go there and if Criddell doesn't commit soon it will be tough to get him.

It's a totally different situation.

Who's saying last year changed everything? My only point was that we showed an ability last year to do thing we've never done before - pulling an elite recruit from DLS among them. I'm certainly not claiming that changes everything, or even anything. Tuli could be a total outlier and we may never get an elite kid from DLS again. Or maybe now that we have gotten one we will get more. EWIWBI.

Before last year I would have given us no shot at a kid from MD that SC wants. Now I think it might be possible. Probably not, but I wouldn't be shocked. Especially because a) he has Jimmy Lake and Will Harris recruiting him, b) Criddell seems to love us in a way that none of Tuli/Irvin/Kaho did at any point before they committed (especially Tuli), c) as far as I can tell we don't know yet that Criddell is an SC priority recruit. He's less likely to be one than Tuli was at this same poont last year, and they obviously cooled on him at some poont for some reason. There's a real chance Criddell doesn't feel the overt love from them as well.

Those are just the poonts in favor of UWHASATK. Obviously Mater Dei is the big one against us, as well as the likelihood that Dollars especially goes to SC since that's Criddell's boy (assuming he doesn't feel neglected by SC as well). I agree the sooner he jumps in the boat the better. I just think it's possible (though not likely) we get him in the fall or December even if we don't this spring.
  • Options
    One thing I failed to mention that could have a big factor here is SC's scholarship situation. I assume SC will have at least a few more schollies to give this year than last, which will make it easier for them to show these types of kids the love throughout the process. Had SC had 5 more schollies last year there's a real shot we don't get any of Tuli, Irvin and Kaho.

Assuming they have more to play with this year, we definitely need to close Criddell early.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

One thing I failed to mention that could have a big factor here is SC's scholarship situation. I assume SC will have at least a few more schollies to give this year than last, which will make it easier for them to show these types of kids the love throughout the process. Had SC had 5 more schollies last year there's a real shot we don't get any of Tuli, Irvin and Kaho.

Assuming they have more to play with this year, we definitely need to close Criddell early.

Good point pookie. I love you for your brains dong.
    interesting, i always thought that @dnc was the catcher in this relationship. i guess i was wrong
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

dnc said:

interesting, i always thought that @dnc was the catcher in this relationship. i guess i was wrong
    Reach arounds are a thing.
  • Options

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Abundance