Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeremiah Criddell, 2019 4* DB, Rancho Cucamonga (HS), CA (Offered 7/14)

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I’m moderately annoyed at our seeming inability to capitalize on our success.. Who is the marketing guru for recruiting? We have so many things that are right but why do we have an identity or image crisis? To me, it looks like we are going to take a nice step backwards this year in recruiting for no good reason and I am honest enough to say that out loud and I’m really frustrated; actually full-blown irked at the coaches for missing out because they seem to be above actually recruiting. Criddell was a top target. He also like to be pursued... not unlike most of us. Cristobal played the game and reaped the fruits. We offer and say, “hey, we’re UDub” as if that’s all it takes. That works for some guys, obviously, but not for the majority of talented players with the ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ or higher ratings..

P.S. look at the ball cap.

SPOOGE
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I’m moderately annoyed at our seeming inability to capitalize on our success.. Who is the marketing guru for recruiting? We have so many things that are right but why do we have an identity or image crisis? To me, it looks like we are going to take a nice step backwards this year in recruiting for no good reason and I am honest enough to say that out loud and I’m really frustrated; actually full-blown irked at the coaches for missing out because they seem to be above actually recruiting. Criddell was a top target. He also like to be pursued... not unlike most of us. Cristobal played the game and reaped the fruits. We offer and say, “hey, we’re UDub” as if that’s all it takes. That works for some guys, obviously, but not for the majority of talented players with the ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ or higher ratings..

Good Christ.....................
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2018
    Baseman said:

Don't disagree with any of that, and much of it could be said about Washington.

Any coach from Florida coaching at Washington would leave in a minute to coach UF, FSU or Miami, so in that sense, Washington is a stepping stone job. So are a lot of places, depending on where the coach wants to be. I agree I'm not buying Mario's "I love You Gene" line; that's what he's supposed to say. But the PNW is like Mars to people from the SE US, especially down as far as Florida, which is so different than the PNW in literally every way possible.

Stepping stone? Besides Sark (we were blessed), what UW coach, from any sport, left willingly for another job?
    That's the point. DJ was here at a different time so it doesn't make a lot of sense to focus on him, but this is what he wanted to do at a time when coaches didn't jump around as much. After that, you don't have the sample size.

Next guy was fired.

Next guy was fired.

Next guy mostly fired. That guy very clearly would have left Washington for a number of other jobs, starting at UCLA.

Next guy fired.

Next guy jumped to USC.

Peterman may be a DJ - the exception to the rule. More about the guy and his stage in life/career than the job.

Bottom line is that you have no experience with this to say one way or the other. But I think what I said is a pretty safe comment. There are a lot of coaches who would leave UW to coach at a lot of other places too long to list here.

Or do you think UW is some kind of pinnacle job? The kind of job people look at and say, "it's only down from there."

Don't delude yourself. It's a good gig. It's not the pinnacle.

I could see Urban Meyer hanging his hat up at Ohio State. That is a destination that is hard to top unless you just don't like midwest football. USC. Same thing. Bama. Same thing. Washington? No. For some people, yeah. Most, no.

DJ was the exception to the rule. Any program can get lucky.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    whuggy you are a dumb retard for responding seriously to his post
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Don't disagree with any of that, and much of it could be said about Washington.

Any coach from Florida coaching at Washington would leave in a minute to coach UF, FSU or Miami, so in that sense, Washington is a stepping stone job. So are a lot of places, depending on where the coach wants to be. I agree I'm not buying Mario's "I love You Gene" line; that's what he's supposed to say. But the PNW is like Mars to people from the SE US, especially down as far as Florida, which is so different than the PNW in literally every way possible.

Stepping stone? Besides Sark (we were blessed), what UW coach, from any sport, left willingly for another job?
    That could change when Boeheim retires.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

this thread is a fucking disaster

Sadly the disaster is still in stage 1
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Two questions:

1. When did Nike start putting the swoosh on the toes of their running shoes?

2. What kind of fag wheres running shoes out in the woods?

Get something that a man would wear in the woods, then you can talk football

• Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

If Oregon doesn’t win 10 with that schedule they should fire everyone.

I hope they fire everyone anyway, just because I think it is already funny that they are on their 3rd HC on 3 years, I want to seem them go for a 4th in 4.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

New bored motto?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

New bored motto?
    Knew*
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I think we are going to need something stronger than fire to get rid of all the AIDS in this thread...

Is this a call for genocide?
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    uzi said:

Two questions:

1. When did Nike start putting the swoosh on the toes of their running shoes?

2. What kind of fag wheres running shoes out in the woods?

Get something that a man would wear in the woods, then you can talk football

You guys talk about footwear more than both of my ex wives.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If only Oregon had offered first they might have had a chance..

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    pat_hm said:

If only Oregon had offered first they might have had a chance..

They have things