Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeremiah Criddell, 2019 4* DB, Rancho Cucamonga (HS), CA (Offered 7/14)

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Cridell is an overrated stiff. HS legend; Burnt toast CFB DB
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It is somewhere back in this thread but his SPARQ scores from the Nike Opening in the early summer were beyond head-scratching. His buddy Sean Dollars had similar #'s. Easy pass for me.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Beno4Life said:

Since we're not getting McDuffie, does Criddell come back online for us? Please god. Don't forget: Dennis rated him as a DDY3 in the same post as Ngata. Doesn't that feel like last recruiting cycle with that rating? Come back, Criddell!

From what I remember, it was pretty evident that UW cooled majorly on Cridell. I doubt they'd bring him back in.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Whatever teams he ends up at is going to be the D-League for him until he transfers to San Jose State in 2021
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I would still kill for Criddell. He’s fucking good. That’s why Oklahoma is trying to flip him you idiots. No one will flip Dollars.

+1
  • Options

I would still kill for Criddell. He’s fucking good. That’s why Oklahoma is trying to flip him you idiots. No one will flip Dollars.

I wouldn’t trade any of Williams, Kam, or Turner for Cridell. WTF does Oklahoma know about defense, anyway?

We may get McDuffie, too.

If UW takes 24, and have 17 currently commited, that leaves 7 spots.

I’d rather close with the following (likely signs in bold). We have a good shot at getting Ford and McDuffie and a reasonable shot at Latu.
    1. Tuitele
    2. Wright
    3. Latu
    4. To’oto’o
    5. Hemuli
    6. McDuffie
    7. Ford
    8. TE
    If we have room, I’d rather flip Chase than Cridell. Chase has a better frame and is a better athlete.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

I wouldn’t trade any of Williams, Kam, or Turner for Cridell. WTF does Oklahoma know about defense, anyway?

I’d rather close with the following (likely signs in bold). We have a good shot at getting Ford and McDuffie and a reasonable shot at Latu.
    1. Tuitele
    2. Wright
    3. Latu
    4. To’oto’o
    5. Hemuli
    6. McDuffie
    7. Ford
    8. TE
    If we have room, I’d rather flip Chase than Cridell. Chase has a better frame and is a better athlete.
    Chase wants to play WR. That’s why he waited when both UW and Oregon wanted him as a DB, and ended up at Nebraska. He ain’t flipping unless it’s to a better school as a WR.
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

Baseman said:

1. Tuitele
    2. Wright
    3. Latu
    4. To’oto’o
    5. Hemuli
    6. McDuffie
    7. Ford
    8. TE
    Chase wants to play WR. That’s why he waited when both UW and Oregon wanted him as a DB, and ended up at Nebraska. He ain’t flipping unless it’s to a better school as a WR.
    Well FTG, then. WDWHA
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

1. Tuitele
    2. Wright
    3. Latu
    4. To’oto’o
    5. Hemuli
    6. McDuffie
    7. Ford
    8. TE
    I would take Criddell over Cam in a heartbeat, but why do we have to choose?
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Baseman said:

1. Tuitele
    2. Wright
    3. Latu
    4. To’oto’o
    5. Hemuli
    6. McDuffie
    7. Ford
    8. TE
    To’oto’o is already receiving payments from Tosh and I’m for once not being sarcastic.

Because of our need at OLB, (yes I know he plays inside so don’t even try me) I had him number 2 on my big board last year behind Tuitele, so as much as I needed anti-boner medicine when I saw that video from his visit, it ain’t hannenin.

During this entire process all I’ve heard is McDuffie wants to go to Stanford. While again, I’d absolutely want him, unless he doesn’t het in I’m not buying it.

The trade argument is tough because of how much I’ve suffered through this period where we have had as much depth as Lane Kiffin’s USC (real) sanctioned teams. Combine that with how many projected to go to the NFL secondary I would take them all. Especially with the 2020 recruiting class seems to be a bigger corner year than safety for us.

The number of scholarships we have is such a stupid argument as well that’s been Pete-aganda’d into believing even proven by the ever-increasing rate medical retirements, transfers, & early NFL departures not just among a program on the rise, but across the entire landscape of college football. All the while we are still signing one head scratcher a year (outside of this class, so far before we whiff on Kyle Ford and find Jordan chin 2.0).

Plus knowing the business side, even though Pete is as stand up as they come, there are ways to move around things with greyshirting, medical exceptions, leaves of absences, etc. you can use before flat out cutting someone in order to make room for THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE TALENT & CEILINGS NO MATTER FIT TO ESTABLISH DEPTH ESPECIALLY AT HIGH IMPACT POSITIONS SO JOHN FUCKING CLARK ISNT PLAYING IN AUTZEN IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE ENTIRE SEASON IN YEAR MOTHER FUCKING FIVE, I REPEAT YEAR MOTHER FUCKING FIVE.

Sorry where were we? Oh Criddell yeah I’d take him. Fuck the Ducks Forever and Always. And Above All Else Sign Clay Helton to a Lifetime Extension.

Lamike.

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Yeah I would love to try and get Criddell at safety, and let Kam Fab be our corner, if we don't get McDuffie. I don't think we'll do that though
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    UW cooled on Criddell. He's not trash but by UW's standards he's not good enough. Too stiff in coverage. Not enough ball awareness and ball production. Oklahoma wanting to flip him doesn't mean he's good. Oklahoma is shit on defense and they don't produce NFL DB's. He may be an upgrade over what they got to work with at safety but that isn't saying much.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

UW cooled on Criddell. He's not trash but by UW's standards he's not good enough. Too stiff in coverage. Not enough ball awareness and ball production. Oklahoma wanting to flip him doesn't mean he's good. Oklahoma is shit on defense and they don't produce NFL DB's. He may be an upgrade over what they got to work with at safety but that isn't saying much.

They have Bookie Radley-Hils or whatever at safety.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,134
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Boo Radley for short.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club

Boo Radley for short.
    My favorite book character of all tim.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

So the best player in their secondary is a guy UW and SC passed on because he's a midget? Proves my point.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Boo Radley for short.
    My favorite book character of all tim.
    More of a Lennie guy myself.