Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who was worse: Sark or Lambo?

Comments

• tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    chuck said:

Gladstone said:

. also trying to figure out if haie flagged me because it's clearly lambo, clearly sark, or clearly a shit thread.

You know the answer to this.
    As do we all

Why accept limitations and make choices ?

Why select only one, when all are viable ?

Bask in the plethora of correct choices - it's a cornucopia....
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    Lambo's mediocrity as a coach is something we can all agree upon, but in comparing the two guys I like to pose the following question: What if Sark's "medical condition" blew up while he was at UW instead of during his brief stay at USC? Could we have survived that as a program or would any last little flame of hope we had be extinguished forever? Lambo clearly wasn't the guy, but he wasn't a risk to take down the whole ship with him. In 1999 we were poised to return to glory (and we did briefly) and sustain it had we found of great coach (other than Rick). Say Sark stays for a 6th year and melts down and we end up with another loser coach, instead of getting lucky with Pete?

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Is thread is the equivalent of debating who the best Special Olympic athlete is.

It doesn't really matter because they're all retarded. Just like Sark and Lambo.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Both were flagrantly mediocre and had legions of doogs defend them until the end.

Could be changed to:

Both were flagrantly mediocre and still have legions of doogs defending them.
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    Did Sark ever go to back to back Rose Bowels while winning consecutive Pac-10 coach of the year awards?

That's what I thought
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    edited July 2017
    Gladstone said:

no shit willingham and gilby were worse, no one would argue otherwise

there are compelling arguments around which of sark or lambo are shittier though

lambo inherited the apex and had lots of good will by virtue of the sanctions, even if his recruiting and in-game decision making made it abundantly clear he wasn't the man for the job. many fought tooth-and-nail to keep him around, espousing garbage like "he inherited DJ's sanctions" or " he did what he could" and other nonsense minutiae.

my selective quote here tells you where I stand.

Whammy in Miami notwithstanding, take a good look through the '94 roster, pause, and then tell me again how that dumb fuck wound up at 7-4.

He was the epitome of the Peter Principle.

Btw, my sources, which may or may not have included a hot blonde intern who had the hots for me, told me back in the day that the straw that broke the camel's back with Lambo was not his record, but instead some shit that was going down in the Athletic Department with a secretary. Babs could stand the mediocrity, of course, because she didn't care if you? won a lot; but she sure as shit was not going to tolerate having him tapping the help. That's what I was hearing back then anyway .... don't twist.

Is thread is the equivalent of debating who the best Special Olympic athlete is.

It doesn't really matter because they're all retarded. Just like Sark and Lambo.

Had to give this a chin, but still say "ouch" to preserve what is left of my soul.

Gladstone said:

there are compelling arguments around which of sark or lambo are shittier though

lambo inherited the apex and had lots of good will by virtue of the sanctions, even if his recruiting and in-game decision making made it abundantly clear he wasn't the man for the job. many fought tooth-and-nail to keep him around, espousing garbage like "he inherited DJ's sanctions" or " he did what he could" and other nonsense minutiae.

Btw, my sources, which may or may not have included a hot blonde intern who had the hots for me, told me back in the day that the straw that broke the camel's back with Lambo was not his record, but instead some shit that was going down in the Athletic Department with a secretary.
    I heard he was tickling Chris Gobrecht's donut.

Gladstone said:

Btw, my sources, which may or may not have included a hot blonde intern who had the hots for me, told me back in the day that the straw that broke the camel's back with Lambo was not his record, but instead some shit that was going down in the Athletic Department with a secretary.
    I heard he was pulling tickling Chris Gobrecht's donut cock.
    FTFY
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

I had faith in lambo up until that fake punt against Air Force. So did babs, I think, as he was let go after that.

Lambo's fate was sealed in Hawaii as soon as Babs vag moistened when she saw young Ricky.

I'm fucking pulling out if Sloppy Tits gets hard nips from seeing PJ Fleck
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    BearsWiin said:

I love these threads

You had Gilby
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    BearsWiin said:

TommySQC said:

BearsWiin said:

I love these threads

You had Gilby
    So did you. And we warned you about him, but you wouldn't fucking listen.
    Doogs are finicky like that.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Gladstone said:

my selective quote here tells you where I stand.

Whammy in Miami notwithstanding, take a good look through the '94 roster, pause, and then tell me again how that dumb fuck wound up at 7-4.

He was the epitome of the Peter Principle.

Btw, my sources, which may or may not have included a hot blonde intern who had the hots for me, told me back in the day that the straw that broke the camel's back with Lambo was not his record, but instead some shit that was going down in the Athletic Department with a secretary. Babs could stand the mediocrity, of course, because she didn't care if you? won a lot; but she sure as shit was not going to tolerate having him tapping the help. That's what I was hearing back then anyway .... don't twist.
    Upvoted for the second paragraph, then flagged. You know why.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

Fat alcoholic Armenian frat hamster vs wifebeating douche and one of the idiots who shat all over what DJ built. Both were flagrantly mediocre and had legions of doogs defend them until the end.

Gilbyham was by far the worserist of the worst corches Washington ever had.
    It's fitting to lump Gilbyham into one.
    Ty was easier to hate due to his poorly devised, fake persona and the irrational support given to him. Gilby was just as bad at game planning, game day coaching, recruiting etc and just needed more time to get his 0-12. I don't know if he was worse than Ty, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't better.
    It was all the persona for me. There is a part of me that actually gets people wanting to see AA coaches succeed. At topic for another thread.

I've told my kids the following: the best combination to be is smart and humble, but if you can't pull that off, then be either (1) smart and arrogant or (2) stupid and humble. The one thing you cannot be in this life is stupid and arrogant; nobody, and I mean nobody, will tolerate you if you bring that package to the table.

Ty was that combination. Fucking inept as the day is long, and stunningly arrogant.
    How do you explain HH, Doucheman, and your? Seattle Mariners?
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    That's like asking me if I want to get kicked in the right nut or the left nut.