Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who was worse: Sark or Lambo?

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
edited July 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
Fat alcoholic Armenian frat hamster vs wifebeating douche and one of the idiots who shat all over what DJ built. Both were flagrantly mediocre and had legions of doogs defend them until the end.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,470 Swaye's Wigwam
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    Sark never won more than 5 Pac conference games in any season.

Lambo carried a team through sanctions that took away 20 scholarship players, which is a pretty big deal when those players would have been Juniors and Seniors.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    edited July 2017
    I always liked Lambo...

The answer to this question, though, is that it was Coach Willingham who was the worst coach Washington ever saw. Anybody with half a brain could see that disaster coming.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I had faith in lambo up until that fake punt against Air Force. So did babs, I think, as he was let go after that.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,972
    Let's not forget those purple helmets, either...
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Gladstone said:

Fat alcoholic Armenian frat hamster vs wifebeating douche and one of the idiots who shat all over what DJ built. Both were flagrantly mediocre and had legions of doogs defend them until the end.

Upvoted for frat hamster.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,334 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

IDK...Lambo was put in a helluva spot. What are you supposed to do when your boss quits and they ask you to take over? He did what he could I think.

Sark was openly interviewing for the USC job in the UW locker room in pregame.

If I had to pick I would pick Lambo because at least we'd still be WASHINGTON dammit.

But for fuck's sakes, defending Lambo is the doogliest of the doogly.

What the fuck is wrong with you? He sucked.
    I never said he was good. These are the two options..... Although I could keep up the Lambo Doogisms all day.

He beat Nick Saban
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    no shit willingham and gilby were worse, no one would argue otherwise

there are compelling arguments around which of sark or lambo are shittier though

sark inherited the nadir and by giving just any effort at all got lots of goodwill, even if by year 3 it was clear he was, at the very best, a middling p12 coach. doogs still drooled over themselves to defend him "you act like 0-12 never happened" etc etc

lambo inherited the apex and had lots of good will by virtue of the sanctions, even if his recruiting and in-game decision making made it abundantly clear he wasn't the man for the job. many fought tooth-and-nail to keep him around, espousing garbage like "he inherited DJ's sanctions" or " he did what he could" and other nonsense minutiae.

also trying to figure out if haie flagged me because it's clearly lambo, clearly sark, or clearly a shit thread.