Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official NBA off season thread

Blake Griffin resigning with Clips. Why?

And Paul George to OKC. Interesting.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Paul George to OKC is nice and all but still nowhere close to the Warriors.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2017
    The Pacers actually took Oladipo's 4 year 84 million contract off OKC. Even when George bolts, it will still be a good move.

Horrible trade for Indiana. Good for OKC.

I agree with Cuntwaffle that GS is still way better, but GS will probably lose Iguodola, Livingston, and Clark. They won't be able to afford everyone.

The rest of the teams in the West need to strengthen themselves to be one injury away from possibly beating GS. This does that for OKC.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The Pacers actually took Oladipo's 4 year 84 million contract off OKC. Even when George bolts, it will still be a good move.

I agree with Cuntwaffle that GS is still way better, but GS will probably lose Iguodola, Livingston, and Clark. They won't be able to afford everyone.

The rest of the teams in the West need to strengthen themselves to be one injury away from possibly beating GS. This does that for OKC.

Allegedly the C's offered 3 first rounders and 2 players including Crowder and got turned down. I don't hate acquiring Olapido but still, awful decision by Indiana.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I agree Road. I'm still an Oladipo believer but even I wouldn't want that contract.

The downside for OKC is Russ and PG get to spend a year together, talking about how much they miss LA. But if OKC makes the conference finals and actually plays GS tough or GS has an injury and they make the Finals, maybe you can get them to stay. It's also possible Russ actually loves playing there and can talk PG into it too.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Allegedly the C's offered 3 first rounders and 2 players including Crowder and got turned down. I don't hate acquiring Olapido but still, awful decision by Indiana.
    Well um maybe. They offered them shitty picks. Sure you could hit but you're probably not getting much. The Celtics offer is better but you're trading him in conference to a team that just finished first in the east and might get two more top 5 picks after getting a top 5 pick each of the last two seasons. If you're annoyed that they won't offer you more maybe you tell them to go fuck themselves. Neither of these trades is turning Indiana around anyways.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I agree Road. I'm still an Oladipo believer but even I wouldn't want that contract.

The downside for OKC is Russ and PG get to spend a year together, talking about how much they miss LA. But if OKC makes the conference finals and actually plays GS tough or GS has an injury and they make the Finals, maybe you can get them to stay. It's also possible Russ actually loves playing there and can talk PG into it too.

Or they have a good time together and realize they could do the same in LA with better supporting talent
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2017

OKC gets to go all out this year. If/when Russ and PG leave, they can start from scratch.

It's better than having Oladipo's contract on the books for three more years.

It's a total win for OKC. There is now a better chance Russ stays. If both Russ and PG stay, you have two stars in their prime plus Adams. If both leave, the only big contracts are Adams for 3 years and Kanter for one.
  • Options
    Only problem w OKC starting over is that NOBODY will want to sign there in free agency
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Well um maybe. They offered them shitty picks. Sure you could hit but you're probably not getting much. The Celtics offer is better but you're trading him in conference to a team that just finished first in the east and might get two more top 5 picks after getting a top 5 pick each of the last two seasons. If you're annoyed that they won't offer you more maybe you tell them to go fuck themselves. Neither of these trades is turning Indiana around anyways.
    Shitty first round picks still have value. If you think Crowder on his deal is roughly as valuable as Olapido on his deal (as I do) then I'd much rather have the three Boston picks than Sabonis (who I don't hate). I assume we're talking 2018, 2020 and 2022 first rounders. The 2018 one will be shit, the 2020 one probably will but you never know about the 2022 one. Brooklyn never thought they'd be giving away a number one and another top 3 pick when they traded three future picks and the rights to pick swap.

Indiana isn't going to get back to contention via free agency. Their path is the draft, and three low first round picks on top of your own lottery picks give you a lot of ammunition to trade or get lucky.

Boston having Paul George or not having Paul George isn't going to impact Indiana's next window for contention in any meaningful way. They're going to suck for awhile.
  • Options
    Steph Curry signs super max 5 years 200 million. Durant gonna take a discount though. What a sucker.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Only problem w OKC starting over is that NOBODY will want to sign there in free agency

Which is why it would become a total rebuild. This trade makes that easier, if that is the route that has to be taken.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    What about Kobe? Where will he play? Will he make it back this year? Any discipline hole white girl speshuls? Can a brother get a rickshaw?

@AKAB
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    11 more months of off-season to go.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Which is why it would become a total rebuild. This trade makes that easier, if that is the route that has to be taken.
    They can't rebuild though because nobody will sign their as a free agent ... if/when Westbrook leaves and they go to 20-25 wins a year that franchise will go in the shitter
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

They can't rebuild though because nobody will sign their as a free agent ... if/when Westbrook leaves and they go to 20-25 wins a year that franchise will go in the shitter
    There is this event every year in June called the draft.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I don't even really think OKC is one injury away from GS. GS has such a stupid fucking deep team beyon the big 4. OKC has 3 players I can name off the top of my head now... the Thunder are merely incubating PG and Russ for the Lakers next year where hopefully they meet up with Lebron.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That's true but more likely they just fall on their face ...

Will be very surprised if that franchise ever ends up with KD/Westbrook/Harden caliber player through the draft
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2017
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That's true but more likely they just fall on their face ...

Will be very surprised if that franchise ever ends up with KD/Westbrook/Harden caliber player through the draft
    Well, drafts rarely have more than a guy at any of those player's level.

Presti deserves some criticism for how he has managed the roster. He's great at drafting. Neither Westbrook or Harden were sure things.

Those 3, Ibaka, Adams, Jackson. He's had a lot of hits.

You are having that time of the month where you argue simply to argue. The Paul George trade was a great one.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't even really think OKC is one injury away from GS. GS has such a stupid fucking deep team beyon the big 4. OKC has 3 players I can name off the top of my head now... the Thunder are merely incubating PG and Russ for the Lakers next year where hopefully they meet up with Lebron.

George is a rental. Not so sure about Russ.

I think GS would still beat OKC with an injury. OKC will keep tinkering with their roster. If Iguodola leaves (looking unlikely), they could be an injury away. You are right though, GS is stupid deep.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

George is a rental. Not so sure about Russ.

I think GS would still beat OKC with a plane crash. OKC will keep tinkering with their roster. If Iguodola leaves (looking unlikely), they could be an injury away. You are right though, GS is stupid deep.