Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TequillaFS

2»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I agree that Strong is unlikely. Just saying that for those going down the Sumlin path, Strong would be more likely. The PAC > ACC and Louisville is going to be the 4th strongest program in the ACC? Very possible that the Florida job could open this year as they are staring down a possible 6-6 season - I do wonder how that will go over with Muschamp (not advocating him).

DeRuyter to me is the ultimate wild card. He could definitely be a home run hire - there's a strong track record there.

I would put Mora higher than him on the list because of the proven experience as a HC and ties to the program.

Bohl doesn't seem that realistic to me - it also wouldn't surprise me if the Nebraska job opened and they got him. Seems like he's content being in the Midwest - have to think that he's had opportunities to leave prior to now.

I'm not advocating a first year HC at all. In fact, given the attractiveness of the job and the fact that the reason for a coaching change is to hire someone that you feel can take this program to an elite level, it's really hard to expect that to happen with a first year HC. The two names that I mentioned are the names that I would think you'd look hard at IF you had to go down that path for whatever reason.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Although it is a new regime, Bohl got forced out of Nebraska after a 7-7 season, and was replaced by Bo Pelini as DC in 2003. Maybe he holds some ill feelings over being fired from there once before?

I agree about Mora before DeRuyter, mainly because Mora is a proven great recruiter who emphasizes the lines. I am not as high as many here about Mora's on field coaching.
    That's my biggest concern regarding Mora as well ... I tend to think he gets way too emotional in games and that hurts him.

The key is to find a coach that is excitable/personable enough to be a great recruiter but who is also cold blooded enough in the attention to details on game day to make sure that he's always one step ahead of the opposition.

Problem is that those types of coaches aren't plentiful.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    somebody should ask TequillllaFS if he thinks UW has a better program than OAC (i like to call them that)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,114 Founders Club
    OAC loves 4 losses a year

disagree butt 4 > 6 losses a year. hth

Tequilla said:

Who is OAC?

huh?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

UW craves 6 losses a year like Beavermobile craves receiving anal (allegedly)/
    You asked me if I thought UW had a better program than ???
    Tequilla said:

Who is OAC?

Ontario Agricultural College
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ontario Agricultural College at the University of Guelph
    Established 1874
    Type Public university Agricultural College
    Dean Robert Gordon, PhD
    Undergraduates 3,000 students
    Location Alfred, Guelph, Kemptville and Ridgetown, Ontario, Canada
    Colours Red and White
    Affiliations CUSID, UACC, ACCC, CCAA,
    Website www.oac.uoguelph.ca/
    The Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) originated at the agricultural laboratories of the Toronto Normal School, and was officially founded in 1874 as an associate agricultural college of the University of Toronto. Since 1964, it has become affiliated with the University of Guelph, which operates four campuses throughout Ontario.
    Contents [hide]
    1 History
    2 Campus
    3 Programs
    4 Milestones
    5 See also
    6 References
    7 External links
    History[edit]

Special review day at Ontario Agricultural College, Guelph, Ontario ca. 1939-46

MacDonald Institute, Ontario Agricultural College, Guelph, Ontario
    Ontario farmers increasingly demanded more information on the best farming techniques. Their demands led to farm magazine and agricultural fairs. In 1868 the assembly created an agricultural museum, which morphed into the Ontario Agricultural College in Guelph in 1874.[1] Its first building was Moreton Lodge, located where Johnston Hall now stands, which included classrooms, residences, a library, and a dining room. (Several buildings constructed during this time period are still a part of campus life today, including President's Residence, Raithby House, and Day Hall.)
    The War Memorial Hall (more generally known as Memorial Hall) is a landmark building built in June 1924 as a lecture hall or theatre at the Ontario Agricultural College to honour students who had enlisted and died in the First World War, and in the Second World War. Two bronze tablets in the Memorial Chapel remembers alumni who died in the First World War and in the Second World War.[2]
    Subsequently, the Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) became one of three founding colleges of the University of Guelph in 1964. (The other two were the Ontario Veterinary College and the Macdonald Institute.)
    The OAC opened on May 1, 1874 with an enrollment of 28 students. The OAC administration was housed in Moreton Lodge until 1931, when the building was torn down to make way for Johnston Hall. The OAC's offices have resided in Johnston Hall ever since. The Canadian-American economist John Kenneth Galbraith earned a bachelor's degree in animal husbandry from the College.
    In August 2008 Dr. Robert Gordon was appointed Dean of the Ontario Agricultural College.
    Campus[edit]

In 1997, three other agricultural colleges affiliated with the Ontario Agricultural College and the University of Guelph [1]: College d'Alfred, a francophone college in the eastern part of the province at Alfred, Ontario; Kemptville College, founded in 1917 and located at Kemptville, Ontario about 30 minutes south of Ottawa, and Ridgetown College at Ridgetown, Ontario founded in 1922 and located in southwestern Ontario near Chatham. In May 2007, they were renamed Campus d'Alfred, Kemptville Campus and Ridgetown Campus in order to recognize their full integration into the university.[2]
    Programs[edit]

The OAC offers a wide range of degree and diploma programs based on four main pillars: food, agriculture, environment, and rural communities.[3] The following degrees and diplomas are available under the OAC:
    Associate Diploma
    Agriculture
    Turfgrass Management
    Bachelor of Arts
    Agricultural Economics
    Bachelor of Bio-Resource Management
    Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
    Agriculture
    Animal Science
    Crop Science
    Horticultural Science
    Organic Agriculture
    Turfgrass Science
    Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences
    Environmental Sciences
    Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
    Bachelor of Commerce
    Food and Agricultural Business
    Bachelor of Science
    Animal Biology
    Earth Surface Science
    Environmental Biology
    Food Science
    Milestones[edit]

1877 - one-year diploma program expanded to two years
    1887 - B.Sc.(Agr) degree program begins (University of Toronto awards the degrees from 1888 until 1964).
    1891 - short courses offered to general public.
    1901 - degree program adds a fourth year (still a U of T degree).
    1926 - graduate program begins
    1964 - B.Sc.(Agr) degree awarded by the University of Guelph.
    1988 - Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Environmental Science programs begins.
    1995 - "Experience Agriculture" curriculum for B.Sc.(Agr) program begins.
    1997 - Agricultural colleges in Kemptville, Ridgetown and Alfred affiliate with OAC and the University of Guelph.
    2006 - the Faculty of Environmental Sciences is relocated permanently to the OAC.
    2009 - the School of Environmental Sciences is formed by a merger of the departments of Environmental Biology and Land Resource Sciences, and the Faculty of Environmental Sciences.
    See also[edit]

List of agricultural universities and colleges
    References[edit]

Jump up ^ John Carter, "The Education of the Ontario Farmer," Ontario History, May 2004, Vol. 96 Issue 1, pp 62-84
    Jump up ^ http://www.library.guelph.on.ca/localhistory/photodbase/dborig/C6-0-0-0-0-848.jpg War Memorial Hall
    Jump up ^ About OAC
    External links[edit]

Ontario Agricultural College Home Page
    Student Federation of the Ontario Agricultural College (SFOAC) Website
    [hide] v t e
    University of Guelph
    Academics
    College of Arts College of Biological Science College of Management and Economics College of Physical and Engineering Science College of Social and Applied Human Sciences Ontario Agricultural College Ontario Veterinary College
    Johnston-Clock-Tower.jpg
    Research
    Canadian Space Agency Muck Crops Research Station Center for Mobile Education and Research Other
    Places
    Johnston Hall University of Guelph Arboretum Alumni Stadium
    Culture
    Central Student Association The Ontarion CFRU-FM Guelph Gryphons McKinney v. University of Guelph
    Satellite campuses: University of Guelph-Humber · Kemptville Campus · Campus d'Alfred · Ridgetown Campus
    [show] v t e
    Post-secondary education in Ontario
    [show] v t e
    Agriculture
    Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ontario Agricultural College.
    Categories: University of Guelph alumniOntario Agricultural CollegeUniversity of GuelphAgricultural universities and colleges in CanadaEducational institutions established in 1874Vocational education in CanadaEducation in GuelphEducation in Chatham-Kent
    Navigation menu
    Create accountLog inArticleTalkReadEditView history
    Search
    Main page
    Contents
    Featured content
    Current events
    Random article
    Donate to Wikipedia
    Wikimedia Shop
    Interaction
    Help
    About Wikipedia
    Community portal
    Recent changes
    Contact page
    Toolbox
    Print/export
    Languages
    Nederlands
    Edit links
    This page was last modified on 9 September 2013 at 21:07.
    Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
    Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.
    Privacy policyAbout WikipediaDisclaimersContact WikipediaDevelopersMobile viewWikimedia Foundation Powered by MediaWiki
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,114 Founders Club
    Point being not interested in 4 or 6. Riley gets less with less or something. Ask iDawg
    Do I think we have a better program than Oregon State?

Probably a wash at this point.

We have more inherent advantages of a program (bigger alumni base, city, university, facilities, recruiting base).

They have an inherent advantage at head coach.

A head coaching advantage can mitigate a lot of other advantages.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

Nuss or Scott Frost?

Jesus fucking Christ.

Tim DeRuyter, Craig Bohl and Mora. It's one of those 3. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be beaten to death with a heavy club.

Anyone who wants Craig fucking Bohl to be the next coach at UW needs to bathe in some gas and then turn a blowtorch on themselves.

11 years at NDSU? With a 3-8 record in year 7? Good god.

That would be the most miserable and deflating hire.
    Tequilla said:

Do I think we have a better program than Oregon State?

Probably a wash at this point.

We have more inherent advantages of a program (bigger alumni base, city, university, facilities, recruiting base).

They have an inherent advantage at head coach.

A head coaching advantage can mitigate a lot of other advantages.

Auburndawg! True?

Point being not interested in 4 or 6. Riley gets less with less or something. Ask iDawg

with all the inherent advantages of UW, its 2 loss Riley, not 4 loss Riley
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

Nuss or Scott Frost?

Jesus fucking Christ.

Tim DeRuyter, Craig Bohl and Mora. It's one of those 3. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be beaten to death with a heavy club.

Anyone who wants Craig fucking Bohl to be the next coach at UW needs to bathe in some gas and then turn a blowtorch on themselves.

Go look at Jim Tressell's record at Youngstown State and get back to me. He went 3-8 in year 11. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Tressel

Bohl won conference titles in his 4th and 5th years at NDSU. He then went through some growing pains when they switched conferences, and he now is coaching a dynasty going for their third championship in a row. Results are results. The guy can coach. I like other candidates as well, but maybe you should save the gas and blowtorch for yourself.

• loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    Vashon, NDSU moved up to Division 1 in 2004. So basically in a matter of 9 years, Bohl will likely have led the Bison to 3 consecutive national titles.

Look at our amazing accomplishments in the same 9 year span. Shitting the bed repeatedly would be too kind of a description.
  • Nuss or Scott Frost?

Jesus fucking Christ.

You are really living up to your handle this past week.

Look at his accomplishment like national titles, beating a BCS opponent this year, his overall W-L record where he has been dominant.

Coaches have a bad year but overall he's been terrific.