Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TequillaFS

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I'm paraphrasing so the Fox Lawyers don't go after Derek.

"If we make a change, there's only one candidate we should talk to until he says no... And that's Nick Saban. He can't say yes unless we ask him."

"The whole point of throwing out Saban's name is simply because we have a lot of positives in the program. If we put our money where our mouth is, we should get a good coach (This part I agree with.)"

Tequilla, you have fucking lost it and should be embarrassed to be a guy with a PHD from TCU or whatever the fuck you got from TCU that is as fucking stupid as you are. Why don't we call Bill Belichick? Maybe Bill Parcells wants the job. Nobody wants to read your sermons, and your insights are fucking terrible. I really wish I could pull up your 8 paragraph posts about why UW will be a 10 win team in 2013.

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    the only "degree" Tequilla may have earned came from the same college AuburnDawg attended.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

the only "degree" Tequilla may have earned came from the same college softy attended.

easy fix
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    Apparently MBA courses don't include basic math or logic. Saban's making $5.3 Million + endorsement money and he could probably kill 10 hookers for a halftime show if he wanted to and no one at 'Bama (I like to call it that) would give two shits as long as he keeps winning. Why would he want to come to Seattle for less money and crappy AD to deal with the media hacks at the times and morons like the Honks.

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    section8 said:

Apparently MBA courses don't include basic math or logic. Saban's making $5.3 Million + endorsement money and he could probably kill 10 hookers for a halftime show if he wanted to and no one at 'Bama (I like to call it that) would give two shits as long as he keeps winning. Why would he want to come to Seattle for less money and crappy AD to deal with the media hacks at the times and morons like the Honks.

And an upper campus that despises his efforts
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    section8 said:

Yeah, but throwing Saban's name out there will create buzz and make the other coaches realize what a great job this is. It will be great FREE PUB!!11
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    Seriously.....he wrote that? Sabin? Holy fuck, how retarded is that? Did he get a degree in theology?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

section8 said:

Yeah, but throwing Saban's name out there will create buzz and make the other coaches realize what a great job this is. It will be great FREE PUB!!11
    Yeah...since free pub worked so well the first time...
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    This shit is old hat. CalDawg had Bill Belichick in his top 5 last go round.
  • Ugh so cheap but I gotta do it......

Close race, you want to take the gloves ? You have to get down to a game you pee ? Let's do it. Let's roll .

I'm getting tired of your hatred, negativity, under the bus and throwing people .

Frankly , race, I'm very, very happy , I do not know you . I am glad that I do not lead to what appears to be such a pathetic life is facing find the negative in all cases . You need to find a smile . Last time I checked , it is summer . Seattle weather seems to be pretty good, now - why do not you check it out.

You're damn wrong thing. You might think that a lot of the time, constantly spewing your opinion, you have now heard enough time , you are correct . Does not make you right .

You talk about like a blue sky took place 12-47 . I've never seen , you had suggested during the fall , before the start of the program to Daai Olmert .

The fact that you want to do ? You want the truth? Here is your truth.

Emmert came to the University of Washington before the glorious 1-10 Gilby next season . The previous year ( 2003 ) Gilby enough for us to 6-6 , but the crash , including in California , we gave up 700 yards ( or thereabouts ) . This is a team of indifference , almost mediocre at best . We lost our last eight , including blowout of California , UCLA 's blowout, and the family lost Nevada. Yes, the plan is a step in the right direction.

2002 season was another 925 next season slick example , the most remembered "Northwest Championship ." This is great . However, entry "Northwest champion the fact that " we are a 4-5 football team, is pretty much a joke 1-4 in the conference Tibet . In 2002 and 2003 , we finished the season 4-4 conference record.

These are not very good team . This trend toward the downhill .

Emmert plate and immediately get sadled Gilby 1-10 fiasco.

Emmert before coming on board , Babs jumped ship after decades of mismanagement , including allowing the stadium began erosion process .

Throughout 2003 , we are faced with slick leave, subsequent litigation ( Ci ) , Dr. feel good , and the overall chaos and softball programs and Teresa Wilson .

Now, remember the following points : the first occurred in the University of Washington as president of the Qieaimote anywhere near .

Things are not in great shape . I think that almost everyone knows .

Replace the formation of a search committee Babs . BOR, on campus , and a big supporter of the school donations on their face appear eggs sick . Babs Run Country Club, they get sick and loose the way she ran the department - especially in light of what slick . They want someone serious, proper , they can count on not tarnish the university 's name. Enter Todd Turner .

Now, it almost makes you Emmert was hired as points . He must sign the hiring Turner ? Most likely . But whatever.

At this point, Emmert is not responsible for the football program performance in the field . Have a coach in place. It is not , Emmert football program or any other program in the athletic department 's work , supervision. This work belongs to Todd Turner . Emmert work , monitor work performance Todd Turner .

So 1-10 happen. Gilby canned Turner ( rightly so ) . Yes, planned 1-10 . But those responsible for overseeing the program of action is correct. Turner fired coach underperforming . If I Emmert 's shoes , I can not complain.

Coaching search occurred and Turner had his heart set on Tyrone spirit . This is Turner's lease . This is not Emmert rent. Of course, Emmert signed lease. This is good . Do you want to throw some blame him had the foresight to deny hire. This is good . But renting Emmert 's responsibility. This is Turner responsibilities. Turner held responsible Emmert responsibility rental ( he did it three years later, when Tyrone is not the answer is obvious ) .

Therefore, Tyrone becomes 2-91-10 years after the first year . Not great. Warning signs began , especially in some underperforming , close games. But it's the first year of the regime , really hard to get too critical .

Next year plans to go 5-7 , and there are two major events. The first major event was the loss of injured QB . I think a lot of people might say that if there had been no loss of Isaiah , we went 6-6. The second is a major event that is "Suddenly Senior " A Day unexplicable loss of Stanford 's most ruthless man had never seen football team. Similarly , there is no adequate fire Tyrone at this point . There are warning signs. Tyrone has ground almost to tell the next year is a year of action what needs to happen . In my opinion, at this point of his hands and feet .

The next year, we lost the game the way that can not be explained . Blow Arizona - a game , we never lost a huge loss. The most ridiculous endings I have seen a guy is open 20 yards out of the timeout Apple Cup . Blowing one pair of 21:00 to Hawaii . It is at this point is a very obvious thing , does not work. Coaching change is in order. Perhaps also for AD conversion . Coaching is blocked and complicated. Ad 's head down - this is a matter of course , due to some other issues , he has such a terrible hire coach.

Fire Tyrone after 2007 before deciding it's really hard to do a football program Emmert any controversy.

I would say that 2008 is a Tyrone back disastrously wrong . It should never happen . You want to throw 0-12 Emmert - all my . I think that if you catch Emmert reflection , real moments , he will tell you in hindsight , he should have taken action , it is not worth the Holocaust 0-12 .

Emmert threw under the bus in 2008 . It is his responsibility. 2004-2007 ? Not so much. By all means, please, please tell me , where he has the responsibility in 2004 and 2007 than the fact that his University. Please tell me what specific actions , he did destroy the program . You are not going to find them - they do not exist .

Emmert your criticism is ridiculous. Your criticism of Woodward just downright funny.

Woodward Where screwed this program ? He was only responsible for this program in the summer of 2008 a full-time role. You have to hold him to the fire during the first half of 2008 interim AD? How could he be anything , from 2004 to 2007 , he did not even participate in the athletic department is responsible ? Talk about conspiracy theories . This is probably the greatest I've ever seen one conspiracy theory .

I do not like to lose. I do not like what I saw in the past five years. It makes me sick to my stomach many times . But unlike you, I can at least take a step back and realize that the origins of this problem before , became president Mark Emmert , University of Washington .

If I spent my time as a " blind racial Bannon I ," and then I will believe that the only logical explanation for our failures have Mark Emmert and Scott Woodward .

Frankly, the advice is in my life, I have seen the most stupid one crazy stupid comments .

I do not defend " the wrong target ." There are strange being thrown Emmert way . I readily admit it. But it is not his full blame . Babs deserves blame. Gerberding worthy of blame. McCormick deserves some blame . Slick deserves some blame . Gilby deserves some blame . Turner deserves some blame . Stallone deserves some blame . I have listed the names of only three of these names have any timetable Emmert 's tenure extends to any part . This is less than half of those names .

Frankly, race, you are a world-class ass . When I hear people in Washington state people bitch and moan - you are a crystal example of why people bitch about Washington. When I heard the bitch University of Washington fans , they complain about what you represent those who complained .

In my opinion , you are not good at Washington University . You are not helping the program . You are not helping the university . You are completely selfish and flashy, selfish bastard .

You are barking up the wrong tree if you want to come after me . I am not so naive as to push my head to make my ass ignore what I saw . I do not think anyone knows I would say , I would not put bluntly .

All payments and participate in the game longer than I've been alive for you to do is give you a perception is a painful old man. Congratulations on this point.

Thank you for those of us how not to act when we are in your shoes in the 20-30 year-old young generation .
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    Tequillas silence in this thread speaks volumes.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    edited October 2013
    You make the call b/c of the connection to Don James.

You make the call b/c you offer a possible new challenge for him that he may be looking for after winning his 4th national title in 5 years after this year.

You make the call b/c he's the best coach in college football.

But moreover, you make the call b/c you don't limit yourself in your thinking. If you think Washington is a job where you can win at the highest levels (which I think every single one of us believes is true with the right support behind it - now whether that support is there is a completely different issue), then you sell the shit out of it with a compelling pitch.

I'd be TequillaFS if I thought that there was a better than 1% chance that you could get Saban to even listen to you at the UW. But if you have even a 1% chance to get the best coach in college football, you are a fucking fool to not pursue.

IF you fire Sark after this year, then you should be aiming as high as you fucking can for a coach. You are firing Sark because you view him as mediocre, or slightly above it. You don't take a chance on a coach that might be that or just slightly better than that. You go after a coach that can make you elite.

And I know that there are a lot that think that the only answer to that is Mora ... but there are better coaches out there than Mora. You have to run through that list and make sure that there's not a better coach that is willing to come here. You already know that you can get Mora.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    1. You actually don't know that you can get Mora. I wouldn't downgrade if I were him.
    2. After Saban's agent hangs up on you in 30 seconds, who else would you call before Mora? I have some ideas, but I want to see your list.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    edited October 2013
    Honestly, I haven't put a list together at this point.

I'd think that Mora would have to be in the Top 5 candidates - probably a Top 3 candidate. I also think that if you offer him a raise over what he has at UCLA, he takes the job. I don't think that the job is a downgrade. We have comparable talent in the programs - although we need better OL/DL recruiting - which we'll get under him. The only advantage that the UCLA football job has over the UW job is the proximity of recruiting in LA.

I think it's important in this hire to get back to the Don James ideals - if not someone that has been influenced by the Don James coaching tree.

For those that think that Kevin Sumlin is a candidate, that seems like a pipe dream to me given the $$$ that TAMU has in their program combined w/ the SEC.

If you are going to go down that direction, I'd think that looking at Charlie Strong would be a more realistic option because you can only go so far at Louisville.

If you are going to look at a first time head coach, I would have to think that you'd have to look at Nuss (given that he has NW connections, prior connections at Washington, and has learned under Saban - also our offenses were far more tougher in mindset when he was calling the shots) or at Scott Frost from the Oregon + Osborne coaching tree.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    Charlie Strong is not happening. That's not realistic at all. He's a Southern guy getting 3.7 million per year already. He will get an SEC job (Florida if it becomes open) or an NFL job. Did you forget Louisville will be in the ACC next year? I just read an article about him being on NFL teams radar.

I agree Sumlin is a pipe dream. A&M is as good or better job than UW.

I really like Mora, but would be open to other candidates as well. DeRuyter, Mora, Petrino, and Bohl should all be candidates for the job.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

Honestly, I haven't put a list together at this point.

I'd think that Mora would have to be in the Top 5 candidates - probably a Top 3 candidate. I also think that if you offer him a raise over what he has at UCLA, he takes the job. I don't think that the job is a downgrade. We have comparable talent in the programs - although we need better OL/DL recruiting - which we'll get under him. The only advantage that the UCLA football job has over the UW job is the proximity of recruiting in LA.

I think it's important in this hire to get back to the Don James ideals - if not someone that has been influenced by the Don James coaching tree.

For those that think that Kevin Sumlin is a candidate, that seems like a pipe dream to me given the $$$ that TAMU has in their program combined w/ the SEC.

If you are going to go down that direction, I'd think that looking at Charlie Strong would be a more realistic option because you can only go so far at Louisville.

If you are going to look at a first time head coach, you deserve five more years of 7-6.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,132 Founders Club

Charlie Strong is not happening. That's not realistic at all. He's a Southern guy getting 3.7 million per year already. He will get an SEC job (Florida if it becomes open) or an NFL job. Did you forget Louisville will be in the ACC next year? I just read an article about him being on NFL teams radar.

I agree Sumlin is a pipe dream. A&M is as good or better job than UW.

I really like Mora, but would be open to other candidates as well. DeRuyter, Mora, Petrino, and Bohl should all be candidates for the job.

The NFL radar deal was him getting endorsed by something like the Rooney Rule. Essentially a group of GMs and other similar types looking at the college ranks for minority candidates who would be good fits in the NFL. Doesn't mean teams aren't looking at him. Shaw was the other guy endorsed by the committee.

Sumlin is a stud coach but for Allah's sake, his defense this year is atrocious.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,112 Founders Club
    Sumlin has never had a good defense at Houston or A&M. It is epically bad this year