Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Athlon's Top 50 College Players since 1967

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-50-college-football-players-athlon-era

- Stan Emptermann is the only DAWG on there
- Zero ND players
- Mario Bailey and our 91' D laughs at Desmond fucking Howard making the list

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,470 Swaye's Wigwam
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    Fuck everything about that annoying shitbag Desmond Howard. Hearing him giggling after every damn thing that someone says is just unbearable.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,030
    No Corey Dillon on the list? shit poll
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

No Michael Vick. That panel should be ashamed of themselves.

That really is an unforgiveable omission.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    - Only 4 PAC schools w/ guys in this list
    - ? Our best guy is higher on the list than the Cane's best guy
    - We ? have beat 13 of the guys on that list give or take
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

- Only 4 PAC schools w/ guys in this list
    - ? Our best guy is higher on the list than the Cane's best guy
    - We ? have beat 13 of the guys on that list give or take

If it helps, @Gladstone is terrible at starting football threads.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    edited June 2017
    dnc said:

Warning: I'm going full Tequilla on this.

There are several, and there are a bunch of dumb picks on the list.

Canes with one guy. Give me a fucking break. Joke ass list.

You will certainly get no argument from me on Walker. People have really forgotten how dominant and freaky that guy was. Watch the highlight of him just running over, straight over, Billy Bates and the Vols, who was a tuff ass player. Probably the best freshman year of any player at any position ever.

And some of these role player QBs ... Leinhart? Really? Top 50 players all positions since 1967? Tebow? Wuerffel? I mean, the list of players who kicked ass in a system is long - if you're going there, where is Ty Detmer or three or four other BYU QBs? Fucking stupid. Leinhart was surrounded by a fucking monster team ... think Gino Torretta.

And say what you will about LB ... alfuckingright, so you need the token tuff white guy from Ohio to make all the blue collar honkies happy, so fuck it, Speilman is a fine pick. but I watched a lot of OU during the 80s (can you guess why?), and for my money I will take a Jonathan Vilma over a juiced Bozwerth any day of the week. Watch what Vilma did to Nebraska in the Rose Bowel ... dude was a beast and eventually would have a one-year time out for being too tuff in the NFL. Those hits on the H back and the TE are fucking EPIC. I'd also take Cortez or Jerome Brown over Randy fucking White every fucking time. Again, we need to assuage the oldie timey white guys. Manster. What a fucking ghey nickname.

I don't know if you fuckers are joking, but I agree - no Vick is a sin. The guy was fucking incredible in college. Tebow and fucking Leinhart and Wuerffel? Come the fuck on. Jesus, was krisvashon an advisor on this thing? Oh wait - the whole list would be huskies. Nevermind.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    No Ryan Leaf? Invalid pole
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

Agree. Guy belongs up there. But since he only played 1 season of Div 1 ball, many, except Pac 10 fans, probably forget about him.

dnc said:

You will certainly get no argument from me on Walker. People have really forgotten how dominant and freaky that guy was. Watch the highlight of him just running over, straight over, Billy Bates and the Vols, who was a tuff ass player. Probably the best freshman year of any player at any position ever.

And some of these role player QBs ... Leinhart? Really? Top 50 players all positions since 1967? Tebow? Wuerffel? I mean, the list of players who kicked ass in a system is long - if you're going there, where is Ty Detmer or three or four other BYU QBs? Fucking stupid. Leinhart was surrounded by a fucking monster team ... think Gino Torretta.

And say what you will about LB ... alfuckingright, so you need the token tuff white guy from Ohio to make all the blue collar honkies happy, so fuck it, Speilman is a fine pick. but I watched a lot of OU during the 80s (can you guess why?), and for my money I will take a Jonathan Vilma over a juiced Bozwerth any day of the week. Watch what Vilma did to Nebraska in the Rose Bowel ... dude was a beast and eventually would have a one-year time out for being too tuff in the NFL. Those hits on the H back and the TE are fucking EPIC. I'd also take Cortez or Jerome Brown over Randy fucking White every fucking time. Again, we need to assuage the oldie timey white guys. Manster. What a fucking ghey nickname.

I don't know if you fuckers are joking, but I agree - no Vick is a sin. The guy was fucking incredible in college. Tebow and fucking Leinhart and Wuerffel? Come the fuck on. Jesus, was krisvashon an advisor on this thing? Oh wait - the whole list would be huskies. Nevermind.
    I'm with you on most of this including Wuerfell and Leinart not belonging but calling Tebow a system QB is ridiculous. No one before or since came close to doing what he did with that system. He's easily worthy of a top ten ranking.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    edited June 2017
    uzi said:

Agree. Guy belongs up there. But since he only played 1 season of Div 1 ball, many, except Pac 10 fans, probably forget about him.
    great player, but top 50? at that position? sorry, but there are just too many great RBs. We could be here all day with that position. Jerome Bettis, Edgerin James, Chuck Muncie, Emmit Smith, a shit load of dudes not named Early Campbell or Ricky Williams who played at Texas, Eric Dickerson, Billy Sims, Mike Rozier, etc. etc.

And, for one-hit wonders, is there really anyone - other than Bo or Herschel - who is in the same zip code as Marcus Dupree? If you don't know about that guy, you need to spend 20 minutes doing a little research, and you'll see what I mean.

uzi said:

great player, but top 50? at that position? sorry, but there are just too many great RBs. We could be here all day with that position. Jerome Bettis, Edgerin James, Chuck Muncie, Emmit Smith, a shit load of dudes not named Early Campbell or Ricky Williams who played at Texas, Eric Dickerson, Billy Sims, Mike Rozier, etc. etc.

And, for one-hit wonders, is there really anyone - other than Bo or Herschel - who is in the same zip code as Marcus Dupree? If you don't know about that guy, you need to spend 20 minutes doing a little research, and you'll see what I mean.
    LOL so we're considering Tebow just a running back now?

STOp.

I get it you hate Florida and love Miami.

I hated him in college but Tebow was a fucking monster.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    edited June 2017
    The annoying thing about tebow was that everyone liked to act as if he was some underdog by the time he got to the NFL.

5 star recruit, 2 national championships, etc.

Like what?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

dnc said:

Didn't read it but if creepy thinks we need more Canes I would agree
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    Where's this guy on the list?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

dnc said:

There are a lot of mother fuckers on this list I'd shitcan before Randy White. Too much recency bias on this list as is. But agree with most of the rest. Criminal that more Canes didn't make it. And the Vick exclusion was just dumb. Fuckign Danny Wuerffel? Jesus.
    dnc said:

uzi said:

LOL so we're considering Tebow just a running back now?

STOp.

I get it you hate Florida and love Miami.

I hated him in college but Tebow was a fucking monster.
    My reading comprehension sucks.

He was talking about Dillon.

My apologies to CreepyCane.