Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"Melting Pot" is now a "Microagression" (Disclaimer for Coker: This is a post relating to politics)

13»

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I'm not going to read that Tequilla article but I agree with the premise that democrats are fucking stupid on immigration.

It's great that our country at one time took anyone willing to come here but the truth is that wasn't out the goodness of our hearts. We needed bodies, poor or rich or whatever, we had a big ass country to fill. And it worked, it built us to the worlds lone super power. But we're no longer the little country that could and it's no longer what's best for our country.

All of our ancestors are immigrants!!1!
    Speak for yourself
    Technically yours were too, just many thousands of years earlier.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I'm not going to read that Tequilla article but I agree with the premise that democrats are fucking stupid on immigration.

It's great that our country at one time took anyone willing to come here but the truth is that wasn't out the goodness of our hearts. We needed bodies, poor or rich or whatever, we had a big ass country to fill. And it worked, it built us to the worlds lone super power. But we're no longer the little country that could and it's no longer what's best for our country.

All of our ancestors are immigrants!!1!
    Speak for yourself
    Technically yours were too, just many thousands of years earlier.
    My people walked here through a fucking blizzard to end all blizzards 14 thousand years ago. All the rest of you took faggy little boats a few hundred years ago. We were an unstoppable force of nature. Until guns and smallpox stopped us.
    YRYK
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    sounds like only one solution.

#usacagematch
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

My Viking ancestors got here like a 1000 years ago in tuff little faggy boats and then decided it was nothing special. They got back in there boats and went home.

They're*
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Bill Clinton 1995 sounded like Donald Trump 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3yesvvYEvs
    I don't think anyone denies we need better border security. The issue that Trump brings up is the wall, which is FS. You can accomplish better border security without wasting the money on a wall.
    I like the message but it rings on deaf ears due to the messenger.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2017

I can summarize in two sentences.

Low-skilled and uneducated native born Americans cannot effectively compete in a free market against third-world labor despite being born with every economic and educational advantage possible.

If ever there was greater or more complete evidence, the truth of the matter is that white trash are suffering the consequences of their own making and neither bill Clinton, Obama or trump (neither pandering GOP or Dems) can save them with foolish and nativist economic policies.
    Regardless, the segment of the population which you describe can't pick fruit, clean a hotel room, or put shingles on a roof any faster or better than a low skilled immigrant form a 3rd world country. If there wasn't as much cheap, unskilled labor willing to do the jobs "Americans don't want to do", wages would have to rise to the point that people would do them, or businesses would have to invest increasing productivity. Neither of these would be a bad outcome, per say.
    Don't try to reason with this fool. The only thing hates more about our way of life in the US is himself. He won't be happy until He sees every street sign written in Arabic, Spanish and Farzhi on every corner.

He and is ilk are the textbook self loathing white wanna be elitist liberal.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

My Viking ancestors got here like a 1000 years ago in tuff little faggy boats and then decided it was nothing special. They got back in there boats and went home.

One of my Viking ancestors decided our ancestors fucked up and came back, but true to form, settled in the frigid northlands. @Swaye 's people were smarter. They kept marching south, into better weather and more diverse hallucinogenics.
    My Viking Invasion 2.0 ancestors were smart enough to skip the frozen tundra and head straight for California. But they were squares and didn't do hallucinogenic drugs.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,636
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    My dad moved to the US in 1978.
    He was however a member of the Playboy club in Chicago.