Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just told Harv to stop blocking people
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    So now you're F. LEE HARVEY OSWALD BAILEY, the online legal authority ?

Such a first amendment scholar J
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't even have a Twitter, but I'm sure the counter to all this would be liberals own free speech vs hate speech argument.

Can we ban Ann Coulter from speaking at Berkeley but not ban SuxDix3000 from retweeting Kathy Griffin's pic of Trumps bloody head to Trump?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Trumpytang can block whoever he wants, but he does have a problem in that his twats are official government announcements now.

Fortunately there's an app to reduce confusion

https://www.wired.com/2017/06/trump-press-sec-twitter-bot/
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Trump is such a fucking pussy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Trumpytang can block whoever he wants, but he does have a problem in that his twats are official government announcements now.

Why not just go the way of Sven and create a new handle?

Is it really restricting free speech if you can create a website or blog and express your opinions and link them to a comments page?

It's not like people are taken out back and given the old yeller treatment. You're still free to express your opinions on the internet platform.

Am I restricting me ex's rights to free speech by defriending her? Does she have a case that I'm violating her 1st amendment rights by denying her the ability to comment on my post about doing blow off a hookers ass while doing 90 on I5?
  • Options
    Doogles said:

AZDuck said:

Is it really restricting free speech if you can create a website or blog and express your opinions and link them to a comments page?

It's not like people are taken out back and given the old yeller treatment. You're still free to express your opinions on the internet platform.

Am I restricting me ex's rights to free speech by defriending her? Does she have a case that I'm violating her 1st amendment rights by denying her the ability to comment on my post about doing blow off a hookers ass while doing 90 on I5?
    I don't know why you axe me these question.

I don't agree with the fag prof about the free speech bullshit. But everything Trump says as Trump is official. If he wants to poast as @WhartonDude66_LOLZ he can and should
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Doogles said:

AZDuck said:

I don't agree with the fag prof about the free speech bullshit. But everything Trump says as Trump is official. If he wants to poast as @WhartonDude66_LOLZ he can and should
    I don't know man I'm an alcoholic, but is it violating my 1st amendment rights if Cnn doesn't allow me to comment on their articles?

One of my favorite hungover pastimes is perusing the comments section of national publications. Some don't allow it. If Trump hit the disable comments button on his Twitter account is he still infringing on people's rights?
  • Options
    Doogles said:

AZDuck said:

Doogles said:

AZDuck said:

I don't know man I'm an alcoholic, but is it violating my 1st amendment rights if Cnn doesn't allow me to comment on their articles?

One of my favorite hungover pastimes is perusing the comments section of national publications. Some don't allow it. If Trump hit the disable comments button on his Twitter account is he still infringing on people's rights?
    No.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Assuming trump blocked someone on twitter? I think it would be hilarious if he set up a bot that just went through and blocked every anti trumper there is. Tons of butthurt it would be.
  • Options
    phineas said:

Assuming trump blocked someone on twitter? I think it would be hilarious if he set up a bot that just went through and blocked every anti trumper there is. Tons of butthurt it would be.

Ironic.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

AZDuck said:

Doogles said:

AZDuck said:

No. It makes him a giant fucking pussy.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    All trump all the time
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

AZDuck said:

I'm just glad that after Obama's lack of knowledge of the Constitution, you elected a true constitutional scholar.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    ohferfucksakes

Freedom of speech does not assume an inalienable right to an audience. It seems a better argument—only slightly—would be under some "redress of grievances" issue.

Further evidence that people, chincluding the president and @ReedStrong7, take Twitter way too seriously.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2017
    2001400ex said:

Doogles said:

AZDuck said:

I'm just glad that after Obama's lack of knowledge of the Constitution, you elected a true constitutional scholar.
    Snicker*

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=49a_1360284775

"The President has put in place an
    organization with the kind of database that no one has ever seen before
    in life," Representative Maxine Waters told Roland Martin on Monday.
    "That's going to be very, very powerful," Waters said. "That database
    will have information about everything on every individual on ways that
    it's never been done before and whoever runs for President on the
    Democratic ticket has to deal with that. They're going to go down with
    that database and the concerns of those people because they can't get
    around it. And he's [President Obama] been very smart. It's very
    powerful what he's leaving in place."
    Read more at https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=49a_1360284775#DtskkbdOcHPizHEZ.99
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:

Doogles said:

AZDuck said:

Snicker*

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=49a_1360284775

"The President has put in place an
    organization with the kind of database that no one has ever seen before
    in life," Representative Maxine Waters told Roland Martin on Monday.
    "That's going to be very, very powerful," Waters said. "That database
    will have information about everything on every individual on ways that
    it's never been done before and whoever runs for President on the
    Democratic ticket has to deal with that. They're going to go down with
    that database and the concerns of those people because they can't get
    around it. And he's [President Obama] been very smart. It's very
    powerful what he's leaving in place."
    Read more at https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=49a_1360284775#DtskkbdOcHPizHEZ.99
    You believe everything you read on the interwebs.