Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

World Health Organization: US cleanest air in G7

Comments

• RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    Tried to read the article but a covfefe coffee mug pop up was in the way.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Christ that site is cancer.

PM2.5 doesn't have anything to do the carbon emissions, which is where the US emits more per capita than all but 11 countries.

BTW, I love how Breitbart jerks themselves off over PM2.5 emissions, yet screams for the elimination of the EPA.

LOL And one belch of a volcano releases infinitely more CO2 than we've ever released in history.

If only we could put a carbon tax on Pel'e.

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    salemcoog said:

PM2.5 doesn't have anything to do the carbon emissions, which is where the US emits more per capita than all but 11 countries.

BTW, I love how Breitbart jerks themselves off over PM2.5 emissions, yet screams for the elimination of the EPA.

LOL And one belch of a volcano releases infinitely more CO2 than we've ever released in history.

dude do you even chemistry

https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/vhp/gas_climate.html

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    salemcoog said:

Did Breitbart tell you that?

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/which-emits-more-carbon-dioxide-volcanoes-or-human-activities
    Human activities emit 60 or more times the amount of carbon dioxide released by volcanoes each year. Large, violent eruptions may match the rate of human emissions for the few hours that they last, but they are too rare and fleeting to rival humanity’s annual emissions. In fact, several individual U.S. states emit more carbon dioxide in a year than all the volcanoes on the planet combined do.
    doogie said:

I could have just linked on the WHO report directly but I decided to use the Breitbart link instead just the trigger you

I'm not saying it isn't true, I'm saying it isn't relevant. Not polluting shit that gives you cancer is great, but what does that have to do with C02 emissions?

salemcoog said:

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/which-emits-more-carbon-dioxide-volcanoes-or-human-activities
    Human activities emit 60 or more times the amount of carbon dioxide released by volcanoes each year. Large, violent eruptions may match the rate of human emissions for the few hours that they last, but they are too rare and fleeting to rival humanity’s annual emissions. In fact, several individual U.S. states emit more carbon dioxide in a year than all the volcanoes on the planet combined do.
    Umm... Facebook.. Duh?

Volcanos have other impacts on climate as well, as noted in your article.

"Volcanic gases react with the atmosphere in various ways; the conversion of sulfur dioxide (SO2) to sulfuric acid (H2SO4has the most significant impact on climate."

The earth also releases gases such as methane that are also attributed to climate change as well. The earth is warming but not as fast as they thought it would and if you were to believe the alarmists original spin of the global warming tale, there would be appreciable sea level rises by now even though the temperature rise hasn't been as much as they predicted.

Also the alarmists saw an opportunity and went back to the well post Katrina in 2005, saying the Super Hurricane will be the new norm. But since then, only Wilma shortly after Katrina, is the only Cat 4 to landfall in the US since then.

So we know that the earth is warming and glaciers are melting, just as it has the last 4 Billion years, but anyone claiming to know that there are catastrophic consequences behind it, are full of shit, as none of the original doomdsay predictions have panned out.
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Umm... Facebook.. Duh?

"Volcanic gases react with the atmosphere in various ways; the conversion of sulfur dioxide (SO2) to sulfuric acid (H2SO4has the most significant impact on climate."

The earth also releases gases such as methane that are also attributed to climate change as well. The earth is warming but not as fast as they thought it would and if you were to believe the alarmists original spin of the global warming tale, there would be appreciable sea level rises by now even though the temperature rise hasn't been as much as they predicted.

Also the alarmists saw an opportunity and went back to the well post Katrina in 2005, saying the Super Hurricane will be the new norm. But since then, only Wilma shortly after Katrina, is the only Cat 4 to landfall in the US since then.

So we know that the earth is warming and glaciers are melting, just as it has the last 4 Billion years, but anyone claiming to know that there are catastrophic consequences behind it, are full of shit, as none of the original doomdsay predictions have panned out.

"Sure I was off by a factor of 100,000 but let me throw some more shit out there"

The last ice age ended 12,000 years ago, not 4 billion years ago.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

dude do you even chemistry

https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/vhp/gas_climate.html

duh. shrooms vs acid lab was last week.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,050
    Ashtray Earth policy seems more profitable at the current moment.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,998 Founders Club
    Who gives a fuck?

Open up a shit ton of factories and get the economy pumping so we can get to more important shit like legalizing hookers and blow. #maga
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    PurpleJ said:

Who gives a fuck?

Open up a shit ton of factories and get the economy pumping so we can get to more important shit like legalizing hookers and blow. #maga

As long as we MCIA.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Gas prices falling, fun tourism rising
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Umm... Facebook.. Duh?

"Sure I was off by a factor of 100,000 but let me throw some more shit out there"

The last ice age ended 12,000 years ago, not 4 billion years ago.

We're currently in an ice age that began 2.6 million years ago.

Hth

Swaye said:

I have been telling you dipshits we are going to all be killed by a giant meteor in the next couple decades and here we are still arguing over bullshit.

But if the atmosphere happened to warm another .2 degree, the devastation will be like, alot moar.