Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Scott Woodward publicly says Sumlin has to win this year

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,340 Founders Club
Funny how he never would say that for Sark.

Funny how the motherfucker told me how the SEC placed too much emphasis on winning.

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Politicians gonna politician.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132

Very courageous of him to put an unpopular black coach's balls on the line to a fan base that are like 40% Nazis.

Not only that but the real 12s actually care about football results. Why rock the boat in Seattle when the fanbase is so fucking passive?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    EwaDawg said:

Very courageous of him to put an unpopular black coach's balls on the line to a fan base that are like 40% Nazis.

Not only that but the real 12s actually care about football results. Why rock the boat in Seattle when the fanbase is so fucking passive?
    Yeah exactly. Gotta know your audience.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Funny how the motherfucker told me how the SEC placed too much emphasis on winning.

Thanks Taft!
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't wait for him to boot Sumlin's ass out of the building in week 7 so we can call bullshit again on how he doesn't like to "orphan football programs".
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

But you're not bitter or anything ...

Sumlin has had a lot of leeway down there with the vast majority of the fan base willing to give him time to get things done ... I've had more than a few of my Aggie friends give me shit for calling Sumlin "Black Sark" because they didn't feel it was warranted ...

Some of those same Aggies started changing their tune back end of last year and are in a similar position as UW was going into 2013

It's not exactly a secret that Sumlin has to win. He's gone 8-5 the past three years.

That said, this is a Woodward politician move that does the program no good. It builds up possible goodwill with a disgruntled fan base. It's entirely self serving.

It can't help recruiting and it puts more pressure (even though they are already aware) on the players and coaches. It gives the media free reign to push the issue even harder.

Woodward is doing the bidding of what the big money is telling him behind closed doors ...

There's an 81% chance that Sumlin is done (particularly if they lose at UCLA in Game 1) ...

It should be quite obvious by now that having the right coach is far more important than a single recruiting class ... if you have the right coach the recruiting follows
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    edited June 2017

It's not exactly a secret that Sumlin has to win. He's gone 8-5 the past three years.

That said, this is a Woodward politician move that does the program no good. It builds up possible goodwill with a disgruntled fan base. It's entirely self serving.

It can't help recruiting and it puts more pressure (even though they are already aware) on the players and coaches. It gives the media free reign to push the issue even harder.

?>4-4>4-4>3-5>4-4?

Why every coach in the Sec Best other than Freeze wasn't fired this off season I will never understand.

Records against Saban:
    Mullen: 0-8
    Bielema: 0-4
    Sumlin: 1-4
    Malzahn: 1-3 (due to kick-6)
    Miles: 3-7 (RIP)
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

Woodward is doing the bidding of what the big money is telling him behind closed doors ...

There's an 81% chance that Sumlin is done (particularly if they lose at UCLA in Game 1) ...

It should be quite obvious by now that having the right coach is far more important than a single recruiting class ... if you have the right coach the recruiting follows
    C'mon dude.