Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why is Amazon winning

13»

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,997 Founders Club
    The Confederate flag was a nice looking flag.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

BearsWiin said:

After I was interviewed by the New York Times last December, I thought it would be nice to order a back copy as a keepsake. So I sent in a check for about $10 in early January. I asked for the December 28th issue, but they sent me the October 28th issue. Okay, whatever. I called in but got transferred several times and finally hung up.

So I sent a second check for $10 that they cashed on January 27th. By late March I hadn't received anything. So I called in five times over the next few weeks. Each time I was routed to other departments, twice the case was "escalated" to a manager who was going to call me back. Nobody ever returned my call, not even once.

My favorite moment was explaining the story and being told, "I'm sorry sir, but we only sell back issues within 90 days of them published." I was like, "Did you hear anything that I just told you? You cashed my check within two weeks of the issue being published."

I was told twice that the issue would be going out Priority Mail, but I never received anything. So finally I just said "fuck it, it's not that important."

The marketer Dan Kennedy once wrote that "the bigger most companies get, the dumber they get." And I saw that first hand with the NYT customer service dept. Absolutely incredible that they couldn't or wouldn't handle something as basic as a back issue.

This is why I can't being myself to donate to this dump. You'll just blow the money on useless requests to fake news
    How dare you soil this thread
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Agree. But as I've said here before, if you loose the war you don't get to keep the for official government purposes- i.e., no flying over state capitals or usages in state flags. Them's the rules and the Federal government should have never allowed it. Now if you want to put it on Dodge Chargers, Zippo Lighters, and other personal property more power to you.

PurpleJ said:

Agree. But as I've said here before, if you loose the war you don't get to keep the for official government purposes- i.e., no flying over state capitals or usages in state flags. Them's the rules and the Federal government should have never allowed it. Now if you want to put it on Dodge Chargers, Zippo Lighters, and other personal property more power to you.
    Texas gets to display the Texas flag...
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

They were a Republic that was "annexed" into the USA. California does the same thing.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club
    dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

After I was interviewed by the New York Times last December, I thought it would be nice to order a back copy as a keepsake. So I sent in a check for about $10 in early January. I asked for the December 28th issue, but they sent me the October 28th issue. Okay, whatever. I called in but got transferred several times and finally hung up.

So I sent a second check for $10 that they cashed on January 27th. By late March I hadn't received anything. So I called in five times over the next few weeks. Each time I was routed to other departments, twice the case was "escalated" to a manager who was going to call me back. Nobody ever returned my call, not even once.

My favorite moment was explaining the story and being told, "I'm sorry sir, but we only sell back issues within 90 days of them published." I was like, "Did you hear anything that I just told you? You cashed my check within two weeks of the issue being published."

I was told twice that the issue would be going out Priority Mail, but I never received anything. So finally I just said "fuck it, it's not that important."

The marketer Dan Kennedy once wrote that "the bigger most companies get, the dumber they get." And I saw that first hand with the NYT customer service dept. Absolutely incredible that they couldn't or wouldn't handle something as basic as a back issue.

This is why I can't being myself to donate to this dump. You'll just blow the money on useless requests to fake news
    How dare you soil this thread
    Quit plagiarism my shit fucko
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,664 Standard Supporter

What I want to know is what are we going to do about Woolworths and the Sears Mail Order Catalog to save the country general store?

That place has a Confederate Flag hanging in the back.
    I'm shaking and about to vomit.
    I'm shaking and about ready to brb, jo

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Texas never lost a war to the US of A
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Texas never lost a war to the US of A
    Disagree.
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

The Republic of Texas never lost a war to the US of A
    Fixed.

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

The Republic of Texas never lost a war to the US of A
    Fixed.
    tyfys