Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why is Amazon winning

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
@oregonblitzkrieg was ranting about Amazon killing the brick and mortar stores.

I dispatched my wife to Macy's today to get a bed, two mattresses, and a box spring to be delivered to the house. I figured she would want to see and feel what she was buying.

So she drives to Macy's after checking the store out online only to be told that she couldn't buy those items in the store, she needs to go on line. This is at a major mall and a flag ship store.

Hey no problem. I'm about to go online and buy them

At Amazon. Really unbelievable

Comments

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    I recently moved and have been buying lots of new shit to furnish the place. Can't fucking stand the hours of furniture stores (how are people with a job supposed to shop for furniture if they close at 6pm?), the selection of anything, or the prices anywhere.

I've been buying everything from electronics to furniture to a new shower curtain on ebay. Haven't had a bad experience yet, and have been paying pennies on the dollar. It's unbelievable to me that people still shop in actual stores.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

I recently moved and have been buying lots of new shit to furnish the place. Can't fucking stand the hours of furniture stores (how are people with a job supposed to shop for furniture if they close at 6pm?), the selection of anything, or the prices anywhere.

I've been buying everything from electronics to furniture to a new shower curtain on ebay. Haven't had a bad experience yet, and have been paying pennies on the dollar. It's unbelievable to me that people still shop in actual stores.

I furnished my last house completely without ever stepping foot in a store for under $5k. No cheap shit either.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    Transaction complete and under budget #MAGA
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    edited June 2017
    Mosster47 said:

I furnished my last house completely without ever stepping foot in a store for under $5k. No cheap shit either.
    Me too. The only thing I wanted to test out was the couch. So I went to living spaces and the only one I like there they told me I would have to wait 6 weeks for it to be delivered.

The only thing I really buy in stores now are clothes.
    Even half of those I get online. Shoes and dress shirts only because I use the same brand and size.

And booze.

Even groceries I get delivered

The basement is where I reside at all times.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    There is an app now to get custom tailored clothes delivered to you home as well
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

There is an app now to get custom tailored clothes delivered to you home as well

Those are all shit. Suitsupply is the best.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,664 Standard Supporter

I dispatched my wife to Macy's today to get a bed, two mattresses, and a box spring to be delivered to the house. I figured she would want to see and feel what she was buying.

So she drives to Macy's after checking the store out online only to be told that she couldn't buy those items in the store, she needs to go on line. This is at a major mall and a flag ship store.

Sunny Kobe Cook weeps.

(wood not hit)
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Sunny @Kobestopper Cook weeps.

(wood not hit)
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Fuck Bezos and Amazon. Bezos is the biggest libtard swine out there. When all the brick and mortar stores are gone and the people who use Amazon lose their jerbs, they won't be buying much of Amazon's counterfeit Chinese shit anymore.
    edited June 2017
    dnc said:

Fuck Bezos and Amazon. Bezos is the biggest libtard swine out there. When all the brick and mortar stores are gone and the people who use Amazon lose their jerbs, they won't be buying much of Amazon's counterfeit Chinese shit anymore.

obk hates winners
    Wrong. I hate Chinese companies that sell their shit in America, hardly pay any taxes and kill jobs and US businesses. I understand you guys love them and kiss their ass because you all live in Seattle and work there. But if you can't see that they are killing jobs and small and large companies everywhere, then there's not much else to say.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

Link?
    edited June 2017
    Amazon is such a pro American company doing such great work for the USA, like this: colluding with Ebay and the Hong Kong post to fuck over the US taxpayer, consumer and small online/brick and mortar stores by allowing Chinese shippers to bundle small packages, literally ship them for pennies, then when said packages arrive in the US, the USPS is forced to split them up and offer tracking for each package. So a chink in Hong Kong can basically ship you something for CHEAPER than you can send a post card to your next door neighbor, complete with tracking information. You wonder why you can buy shit on ebay and get free shipping from China? That's why. If you don't think that's fucked up, then you are fucked up.

They treat their own sellers and employees like garbage. If you haven't heard the horror stories of working in an Amazon warehouse, you haven't been paying attention. And they undercut their own sellers and put them out of business. If they find something that's selling well, they will go out, source it themselves, and buy so much of the shit that the seller can't even hope to get the same prices they buy it for.

And then there's the damage they are doing to shopping malls, bookstores and just about every other business out there

They are also working on putting the USPS UPS and others out of business with their drone program.

And don't forgot the dog shit CEO who also happens to own the Washington Post and is responsible for a large chunk of the fake news out there.

They are a monopoly and a threat to the economy and need to be dealt with by breaking them up.

Such a fucking great company. We are lucky they are based here at all.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I shop for everything on Craigslist. Clothing, matteresses, electronics, cars, can't beat it