Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huskies ranked #4 in Athlon preseason poll

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    @dnc, didn't read your post close enough. Rapp was the best freshman, by a long margin. Guys who can hit like him and play the ball like he can are unique. He will be a great.

I actually think McIntosh has Akbar or slightly better potential. He's a future pro.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Aahhh Tony Parrish. Back when safeties were allowed to behead dudes. Dude could high-point ball better than any UW safety...well maybe since his predecessor anyway and I still give nod too Parrish. In contrast, Buddah Baker couldn't

UW had a good run at safety late 80's -until Parrish...then #25 and Akbar in 2000. After that it's been unsafe on the back-end. Good to see Petersen revive the position

Buddah had skills no safety in UW history had. He couldn't be blocked. Milloy hit harder, Parrish was better playing centerfield, but Buddah was the best at making plays and being disruptive. I hate to complain about the coaching because we all know they are great, but moving him to nickel should have been done sooner.
    Not sure I agree the nickel move should have come sooner, but I'm with the rest of this.

Buddah tackled ballcarriers Milloy and Parish would never have touched.

All three were great in their own ways as you laid out.

I'd rank them Milloy, Baker, Parish.

If Rapp can improve his coverage skills (and he has the athleticism to do so) he could legitimately be the whole package. He already has Parish's ball skills and Milloy's thump.
    The move to Nickel got Budda out of doing what he was worst at, which was making plays on the ball downfield. He looked like a special olympics hurdler against Arizona on that deep ball (although Vea should have had the sack). The only TD we gave up against Stanford was Budda getting beasted on a jump ball.

It's not that Budda was bad in coverage, he just had kind of bad hands and his standout skill was snuffing out bubble screens or making plays outside the tackle on run plays. He's not an Earl Thomas centerfielder. Mayock and the other fucks truly plagarism my shit by comparing Budda to Bob Sanders.
    I'm with you on Budda's end of it, I"m just not sure Rapp was ready to step in for Budda in centerfield earlier. He struggled in coverage early on as it was (though he definitely improved).

I agree Budda's skill set leant itself to playing closer to the LOS, just not sure we had a better option at the backend.

@dnc, didn't read your post close enough. Rapp was the best freshman, by a long margin. Guys who can hit like him and play the ball like he can are unique. He will be a great.

I actually think McIntosh has Akbar or slightly better potential. He's a future pro.

I love #MyJoJo, definitely think he's a pro.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    dnc said:

Aahhh Tony Parrish. Back when safeties were allowed to behead dudes. Dude could high-point ball better than any UW safety...well maybe since his predecessor anyway and I still give nod too Parrish. In contrast, Buddah Baker couldn't

UW had a good run at safety late 80's -until Parrish...then #25 and Akbar in 2000. After that it's been unsafe on the back-end. Good to see Petersen revive the position

Buddah had skills no safety in UW history had. He couldn't be blocked. Milloy hit harder, Parrish was better playing centerfield, but Buddah was the best at making plays and being disruptive. I hate to complain about the coaching because we all know they are great, but moving him to nickel should have been done sooner.
    Not sure I agree the nickel move should have come sooner, but I'm with the rest of this.

If Rapp can improve his coverage skills (and he has the athleticism to do so) he could legitimately be the whole package. He already has Parish's ball skills and Milloy's thump.
    I'd put Baker first but yeah, I expect Rapp in that role to do equally great things. Who had the better FR year, Baker or Rapp?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

I'd put Baker first but yeah, I expect Rapp in that role to do equally great things. Who had the better FR year, Baker or Rapp?
    Rapp with a •
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

I would say Budda by a hair but I think Budda was closer to his ceiling as a frosh than Rapp was. Rapp is just scratching the surface.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Buddah had skills no safety in UW had. He couldn't be blocked. Milloy hit harder, Parrish was better playing centerfield, but Buddah was the best at making plays and being disruptive. I hate to complain about the coaching because we all know they are great, but moving him to nickel should have been done sooner.
    Holy shit youve gone off deep end
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

dnc said:

The move to Nickel got Budda out of doing what he was worst at, which was making plays on the ball downfield. He looked like a special olympics hurdler against Arizona on that deep ball (although Vea should have had the sack). The only TD we gave up against Stanford was Budda getting beasted on a jump ball.

It's not that Budda was bad in coverage, he just had kind of bad hands and his standout skill was snuffing out bubble screens or making plays outside the tackle on run plays. He's not an Earl Thomas centerfielder. Mayock and the other fucks truly plagarism my shit by comparing Budda to Bob Sanders.
    We need a new rule or maxim for this bored, like Godwin's Law. "As a thread containing mention of Budda Baker grows, the probability of comparing Butta to Earl Thomas approaches 100%."
    i dont like it.
    One need not like the Laws of Physics. Some Laws simply exist naturally. We can call this one Roadie's Law.
    I don't know, Grundle's Law has a better ring to it.

Or is that already taken- the probability of three year old threads being bumped approaches 100% the longer Grundle goes without football?
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 466
    Mental image of Pete grinding his teeth over this.
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    doogie said:

#4 means we're in the playoff, right?

Yes !!!

Athlon's Pre-Season rankings count for 60% of the formula, so it's statistically impossible for UW to be kept out