Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    You know why Race.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

#1 in Athlon's 1997 preseason pole was special!

sad!
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    13 returning starters? Who's the mathematician?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,455 Founders Club

dnc said:

#1 in Athlon's 1997 preseason pole was special!

Actually I don't
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited May 2017
    Aahhh Tony Parrish. Back when safeties were allowed to behead dudes. Dude could high-point ball better than any UW safety...well maybe since his predecessor anyway and I still give nod too Parrish. In contrast, Buddah Baker couldn't

UW had a good run at safety late 80's -until Parrish...then #25 and Akbar in 2000. After that it's been unsafe on the back-end. Good to see Petersen revive the position
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Aahhh Tony Parrish. Back when safeties were allowed to behead dudes. Dude could high-point ball better than any UW safety...well maybe since his predecessor anyway and I still give nod too Parrish. In contrast, Buddah Baker couldn't

UW had a good run at safety late 80's -until Parrish...then #25 and Akbar in 2000. After that it's been unsafe on the back-end. Good to see Petersen revive the position

Buddah had skills no safety in UW history had. He couldn't be blocked. Milloy hit harder, Parrish was better playing centerfield, but Buddah was the best at making plays and being disruptive. I hate to complain about the coaching because we all know they are great, but moving him to nickel should have been done sooner.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Buddah had skills no safety in UW history had. He couldn't be blocked. Milloy hit harder, Parrish was better playing centerfield, but Buddah was the best at making plays and being disruptive. I hate to complain about the coaching because we all know they are great, but moving him to nickel should have been done sooner.
    Not sure I agree the nickel move should have come sooner, but I'm with the rest of this.

Buddah tackled ballcarriers Milloy and Parish would never have touched.

All three were great in their own ways as you laid out.

I'd rank them Milloy, Baker, Parish.

If Rapp can improve his coverage skills (and he has the athleticism to do so) he could legitimately be the whole package. He already has Parish's ball skills and Milloy's thump.
    dnc said:

Not sure I agree the nickel move should have come sooner, but I'm with the rest of this.

If Rapp can improve his coverage skills (and he has the athleticism to do so) he could legitimately be the whole package. He already has Parish's ball skills and Milloy's thump.
    The move to Nickel got Budda out of doing what he was worst at, which was making plays on the ball downfield. He looked like a special olympics hurdler against Arizona on that deep ball (although Vea should have had the sack). The only TD we gave up against Stanford was Budda getting beasted on a jump ball.

It's not that Budda was bad in coverage, he just had kind of bad hands and his standout skill was snuffing out bubble screens or making plays outside the tackle on run plays. He's not an Earl Thomas centerfielder. Mayock and the other fucks truly plagarism my shit by comparing Budda to Bob Sanders.

dnc said:

The move to Nickel got Budda out of doing what he was worst at, which was making plays on the ball downfield. He looked like a special olympics hurdler against Arizona on that deep ball (although Vea should have had the sack). The only TD we gave up against Stanford was Budda getting beasted on a jump ball.

It's not that Budda was bad in coverage, he just had kind of bad hands and his standout skill was snuffing out bubble screens or making plays outside the tackle on run plays. He's not an Earl Thomas centerfielder. Mayock and the other fucks truly plagarism my shit by comparing Budda to Bob Sanders.
    We need a new rule or maxim for this bored, like Godwin's Law. "As a thread containing mention of Budda Baker grows, the probability of comparing Butta to Earl Thomas approaches 100%."
    i dont like it.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

We need a new rule or maxim for this bored, like Godwin's Law. "As a thread containing mention of Budda Baker grows, the probability of comparing Butta to Earl Thomas approaches 100%."
    i dont like it.
    One need not like the Laws of Physics. Some Laws simply exist naturally. We can call this one Roadie's Law.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    #4 means we're in the playoff, right?