Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The origins of the horrible Don James rumor spreading online

Comments

• Baird did get trolled really fucking hard. That was a tirade for the ages. Already being quoted en masse.
  • Sark, Kim, F3 and Baird all proved on Saturday that they don't deserve to have jobs anymore.

I know all four should have been fired years ago but tonight should be the final straw.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    You have to be very careful with "so and so has died" on the internet. Celebrities "die" all the time. I've heard of people I know from high school that are supposedly dead, so I've heard, but without proof I would only say "I heard that so and so is dead but no proof."
  • You have to be very careful with "so and so has died" on the internet. Celebrities "die" all the time. I've heard of people I know from high school that are supposedly dead, so I've heard, but without proof I would only say "I heard that so and so is dead but no proof."

I honestly wouldn't even say that. I would wait for his family to make a statement. I would write an article about James and prepare to publish it once it's official.

To just casually throw that out there about a legend like James is pure bullshit. Kim should lose his access immediately.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

Sark, Kim, F3 and Baird all proved on Saturday that they don't deserve to have jobs anymore.

I know all four should have been fired years ago but tonight should be the final straw.

You can't fire Kim. It's his own business, I thought.

• Sark, Kim, F3 and Baird all proved on Saturday that they don't deserve to have jobs anymore.

You can't fire Kim. It's his own business, I thought.

You can take away his credentials though. I'm sure the school won't be happy with him, James family surely won't be happy and a lot of fans won't be happy either.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686

Kim Grinolds is the biggest (for a little person) piece of shit associated with UW Football. This guy is a fucking disgrace. "The cancer won." Shut the fuck up you narcissistic midget piece of shit.

Did he actually type "The cancer won"? I'm a Duck fan, and I'm offended by that. If he posted that, the only cancer would be the fact that this sausage finger little prick still has this job Monday.
    Yep, it's currently up on Dawgman still as we speak.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

"Kim (Grinolds) said the word on the sideline is that Don James has passed, but we haven't been able to confirm it."

- Chris Fetters in Dawgman.com chat 10/19/13

Speaking for myself, I received a text from a booster, plus I figured that kind of thing would not be mentioned by Fetters/Grinolds unless it WAS confirmed. And I foolishly assumed it to be true, and made some sorrow-filled comments on this message board and called a former player I am friends with to let him know.

Shame on Dawgman for spreading rumors again, and shame on me for not confirming it and being reactionary.

Could the doogman.com rumors have been a clumsy metaphorical message to Husky Nation (I hate those words) that the Husky Football of Legendary Don James is dead and has been for 20 years, now shut the fuck up about the FIRE SARK bullshit! ?
  • BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    edited October 2013

Derek, I don't remember any posts from you last night referencing the rumors concerning Coach James' health - other than comments about what Fetters and Kim were putting out during the game.

I've been jumping on those because I think that was a total breach of basic journalistic ethics and those clowns like to pretend that they are journalists and that their BS website is a credible information source. Hopefully people will start seeing them in the right perspective.

It has long been my view that the skewed perspective from DM.c is a non-trivial part of what is holding back Husky Football the program. Their role is to keep the rubes happy - and keep pressure off of the AD to put a good product on the field. Kim almost certainly overstepped his bounds in the last 24 hours and needs to be held accountable.
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406

You don't just float out shit like a legendary coach has died unless you fucking know 100%.
    I haven't seen one media outlet report this yet. Just a terrible way to sling the James family through this bullshit.

+1 Unfuckingbelievable.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    edited October 2013
    Kim and fetters have always asserted they are NOT journalists. I do agree they are not journalists, we know what they are.
  • Colonel_AngusColonel_Angus Member Posts: 49

Kim Grinolds is the biggest (for a little person) piece of shit associated with UW Football. This guy is a fucking disgrace. "The cancer won." Shut the fuck up you narcissistic midget piece of shit.

Did he actually type "The cancer won"? I'm a Duck fan, and I'm offended by that. If he posted that, the only cancer would be the fact that this sausage finger little prick still has this job Monday.
    Not only that, he used it as a side comment as he reprimanded his subscribers for showing passion about their team, essentially saying "Don't James died last night. You guys shouldn't be bashing the coaches and Scott Eklund"
    Deflectiing and smokescreening at it's worst. The little person (I like to call them that to me PC) deserves a cock punch.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club

Sark, Kim, F3 and Baird all proved on Saturday that they don't deserve to have jobs anymore.

It should be, but it won't.

My dad bought me a "Great Moments in Husky Stadium" DVD set. Dick the drunk does a lot of the comments (as well as other cheerleader Doogs like Elise and Softy). I think he's got quite a bit of traction with the a. department. I'd seriously like to meet him face to face.... not joking at all. I wish I didn't live a thousand miles away.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    edited October 2013

Derek, I don't remember any posts from you last night referencing the rumors concerning Coach James' health - other than comments about what Fetters and Kim were putting out during the game.

I've been jumping on those because I think that was a total breach of basic journalistic ethics and those clowns like to pretend that they are journalists and that their BS website is a credible information source. Hopefully people will start seeing them in the right perspective.

It has long been my view that the skewed perspective from DM.c is a non-trivial part of what is holding back Husky Football the program. Their role is to keep the rubes happy - and keep pressure off of the AD to put a good product on the field. Kim almost certainly overstepped his bounds in the last 24 hours and needs to be held accountable.

Well, I stated how coach James gave me an interview last month even though he was feeling ill, and a couple of comments like that. Someone reading my comments might have been inclined to believe the rumors if I was reacting as if they were true.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    They will probably cop out and claim that it was Photoshopped later on. Wow.
  • We have all the screenshots that we need. Kim and F3 started these rumors and not in a way to talk about James.

They did it as a side comment to deflect attention away from their head coach that they all swore up and down is the guy. To deflect attention away from the OL that Kim said all offseason will be "fine".

These clowns are not only cocksuckers of Pool Boy and Sark but they showed they have ZERO integrity to put the James family through this bullshit.

I hope the James family is pissed off and bitches to upper campus so possibly Kim can finally lose access.